IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Wanted

IDN Wanted Those looking to find certain IDNs post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2006, 11:24 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Looking to purchase premium Arabic IDNS

Please feel free to pm or e-mail me at mtomich@gmail.com.

Looking to pay current reseller prices and not enduser. Meaning I would consider paying into to the $XXX area but not $XXXX

Must have overture of at least 2000, but realistically looking for higher.

Willing pay more for com/net packages.

Stats appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 8th January 2006, 12:31 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking to purchase premium Arabic IDNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn

Looking to pay current reseller prices and not enduser. Meaning I would consider paying into to the $XXX area but not $XXXX

Stats appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a limited selecton that meet your criteria, but on price I am afraid you are way short of mine.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 8th January 2006, 12:53 AM

idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by idn

Stats appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a limited selecton that meet your criteria, but on price I am afraid you are way short of mine.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Fair enough, but you are welcome to pm me any domain with any price you like, I may be interested, but IMHO there are not too many Arabic domains worth purchasing at the $X,XXX+ level at this stage of the game, at least on a reseller level. Of course a few exist...

Thanks,

Mark
Old 8th January 2006, 07:59 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Arabic is massive, particularly single characters and more Internationlise terms. There are 25 countries with Arabic as the Official Language. Furthermore, the script and some vocabulary is used in Farsi and Urdu. Farsi is used on Afghanistan and parts of central Asia, whilst Urdu is the Official language of Pakistan and used extensively in India. With the Arabic script there is no reall ccTLD competition and an Arabic equivalent of dot eu is years away. Good Arabic domains will be worth a lot of money, there are, however, a lot of variants out there and I am not at all clear what value US Overture is especially in view of the fact that Yahoo has only recently indexed Arabic for search. My view is that reasonable certainty over the translation combined with a good Google figures is probably worth more.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 8th January 2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Arabic is massive, particularly single characters and more Internationlise terms. There are 25 countries with Arabic as the Official Language. Furthermore, the script and some vocabulary is used in Farsi and Urdu. Farsi is used on Afghanistan and parts of central Asia, whilst Urdu is the Official language of Pakistan and used extensively in India. With the Arabic script there is no reall ccTLD competition and an Arabic equivalent of dot eu is years away. Good Arabic domains will be worth a lot of money, there are, however, a lot of variants out there and I am not at all clear what value US Overture is especially in view of the fact that Yahoo has only recently indexed Arabic for search. My view is that reasonable certainty over the translation combined with a good Google figures is probably worth more.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Was not try to be argumentative. As I said "IMHO" I think there currently are only a select few worth purchasing for $X,XXX+ at the reseller level. Obviously, I see value in Arabic idns, hence the reason for this post. That fact of the matter is that there is still much speculation in this business...

Best regards,

Mark
Old 8th January 2006, 08:56 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
Quote:

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Was not try to be argumentative. As I said "IMHO" I think there currently are only a select few worth purchasing for $X,XXX+ at the reseller level. Obviously, I see value in Arabic idns, hence the reason for this post. That fact of the matter is that there is still much speculation in this business...

Best regards,

Mark
Yes, like they say, they are like Belly Buttons. Everyone has one. At the moment, mine is not much more valid than the guy who says they are worthless, but if they are going to appreciate, things will start to happen very quickly and fairly soon.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 8th January 2006, 08:47 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is, owners of those that are worth $x,xxx (top 5 or so domains) would not sell, because in less than 1-2 year, these domains will be worth $1x,xxx, and in another 4-5 years, high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx.
Old 9th January 2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
The problem is, owners of those that are worth $x,xxx (top 5 or so domains) would not sell, because in less than 1-2 year, these domains will be worth $1x,xxx, and in another 4-5 years, high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx.
I understand your rationale but think of it this way. Since the idn market is still almost entirely speculative, there is still the possibility that "our" domains could be worthless or have little value. Granted, the possibility may be diminishing daily, but it still exists. It is kind of like one of those game shows. Shall I take $3000 now or hold out for the big money. Higher risk, greater reward. If the idn market changes (i.e. different extensions are used) all of us will have wished we sold our premiums now. Still not a bad profit on a possible $8 investment. Sometimes it is just an examination of risk versus reward. Basically, if someone sells a top domain for $x,xxx now this is guaranteed money, its future worth is yet to be determined, therefore a risk of losing out completely is possible. After all, who can predict 4-5 years from now or even 1-2 years. Anyway, all feel free to spam my inbox with arabic idns as well as their suggested retail prices
Old 9th January 2006, 04:06 AM
Veteran

I'm afraid not all domainers think that way, many in fact, take only $8 a year as the opportunity cost.

Anyway, top generics are investments, and not speculation, e.g. IDNowner's 'domain' and 'golf' will always be worth $xxxx, even back then in year 2000.
Old 9th January 2006, 04:22 AM

Quote:
I'm afraid not all domainers think that way, many in fact, take only $8 a year as the opportunity cost.

Anyway, top generics are investments, and not speculation, e.g. IDNowner's 'domain' and 'golf' will always be worth $xxxx, even back then in year 2000.

OTOH, 98% of the dictionary word domains that are being register right now are speculative domains that have a good chance of being dropped after 2 years, so you can be sure that their owners will try to sell for $xxx or even $xxxx if possible.
I am afraid I am going to just have to agree to disagree. We could discuss this back and forth all night and you could not convince me that top generics in 2000/2001 were worth $xxxx. The future of idns in that time was quite questionable.

In all honesty, if I was hurting for cash right now I could be convinced to sell a so called top idn for $x,xxx. Again, risk versus reward. When you need money the risk of getting nothing is a lot greater. You cannot look at the opportunity cost as $8 anymore, the opportunity cost is now $x,xxx for top generic domains.
Old 9th January 2006, 04:25 AM
Veteran

True, i'm an investor myself, and i found that it's a waste of time to persuade people to sell me their top generics for couple thousands. There are still some good names that are left out, but it takes a tremendous amount of time to find them - and you have to know the language.
Old 9th January 2006, 04:28 AM

Quote:
True, i'm an investor myself, and i found that it's a waste of time to persuade people to sell me their top generics for couple thousands. There are still some good names that are left out, but it takes a tremendous amount of time to find them - and you have to know the language.
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. It really was just a posting!
Old 9th January 2006, 04:31 AM
Veteran

Ok, let's sum it up, bottomline - $XXX cannot get investment grade domains.  Low $xxxx can get good domains, but not top generics.   ;D
Old 9th January 2006, 04:43 AM
Veteran

фффф

Have some Kebabs. ;D
Old 9th January 2006, 04:46 AM

< фффф
Old 9th January 2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

-----------------------------------------------------

Off-topic removed

Old 9th January 2006, 10:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
I think IDN is right, spending $x,xxx on high quality arabic IDN's is quite reasonable considering the risk.

The market needs to get started and investors like IDN give us the opportunity to do so.
Those who have an abundance of high quality names are the most likely candidates to release some of their names without hurting their portfolio to much, it is an investment in itself to validate the bulk of your portfolio.

We need first sales to speak of a market anyway ! Remember that please.

Besides, what if IDN get's to develop his top-arabic IDN's and it turns into a succes ?

Frankly, I no longer see it in terms of risk. I am looking at it in terms of how I can replace what I sell. If what I am selling is irreplacable then it doesn't make much commercial sense. Selling domains cheap in my view will do nothing to increase the marketability of domains. It will only serve to reduce the expectations of other sellers and create unrealistic expectations amongst buyers.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 9th January 2006, 11:09 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Okay guys.  I really don't see the problem here.  The buyer has expressed what they are willing to pay for certain terms they are after.  That's it case closed.  I see this as no different then someone putting up a sales thread and someone chiming in and saying that they are to high on what they are asking.  Unacceptable.

We have recently discussed the need for a certain level of professionalism in our forum.  I think that we really need to relook the way this thread has gone.  If you disagree with someone, pm's are what they are for. 

This isn't a debate thread it's a "buy/sell" thread, a huge difference.  Please rethink these statements and do what is right and have them removed.  Let us not sink to the level of other forums, already, this early in the game.

Thanks guys.

Adam.
Old 22nd January 2006, 09:07 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy
For investors only

For investors only:

www.arabicdomainnames.net
Regards

DABSI
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:13 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
For investors only:

www.arabicdomainnames.net
Regards

DABSI
Dabsi, Please ensure that your site is reasonably current before putting link here, as I note that that you are still advertising domains that you let drop sometime ago.

Other members, please Whois domains before proceeding with transactions.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon