IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2022, 05:37 PM

seesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to seesawgame Send a message via Yahoo to seesawgame
Post 咖啡.com $7000 USD

咖啡.com (xn--bur6r.com)
it mean coffee in S-CHINESE & T-CHINESE
expired auction at Dynadot.com
Congratulations to buyer and Dynadot.com

Old 16th April 2022, 06:02 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: 咖啡.com $7000 USD

Altogether over $12,000 USD was sold over 10 Chinese domains
Old 17th April 2022, 03:05 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Did anyone see what "bike" went for?
Old 17th April 2022, 07:51 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
Did anyone see what "bike" went for?
I think over $ 2,000....i couldn't stay til' the end but i know that Silver.com was in the $2k + range. Hopefully Ron at DN Journal will list some of these IDN sales.
Old 17th April 2022, 10:15 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Is there still a possibility that these names could be renewed and the auction sales invalidated? I read that this used to be the case with Dynadot auctions but I'm not sure if it still is.
Old 18th April 2022, 07:56 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

hmmm... maybe I should list some of my Chinese names @ dynadot market.

but the truth is while $7000 is a lot for an IDN it's still very little compared to premium names in other markets. IDNs are still far to cheap.

Quote:
Is there still a possibility that these names could be renewed and the auction sales invalidated? I read that this used to be the case with Dynadot auctions but I'm not sure if it still is.
yes

Last edited by 123; 18th April 2022 at 07:59 AM..
Old 21st April 2022, 04:56 PM

MDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
hmmm... maybe I should list some of my Chinese names @ dynadot market.

but the truth is while $7000 is a lot for an IDN it's still very little compared to premium names in other markets. IDNs are still far to cheap.

yes
some very negative noise on the chinese domain forum on the repeating false dropping

https://club.domain.cn/forum.php?mod...extra=page%3D1

see post 3 there

"
原主人已经赎回了,另外的一些域名主人也全都赎回了,这两个基本上是玩弄别人的。已经玩了几年了。"
Old 21st April 2022, 06:47 PM
Premium User

Is there no way for Dynadot to avoid these auctions of domains that ultimately get renewed? Must be maddening for the winners of the auctions.
Old 22nd April 2022, 03:14 AM

MDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is there no way for Dynadot to avoid these auctions of domains that ultimately get renewed? Must be maddening for the winners of the auctions.
not just the winners, all bidders (even not winning) will be pissed off, especially this has been done repeatedly

it's doing more damage then testing the market, as people will think that the transaction records can be faked by self-bidding-then-renew practice

no one will really go find out what transactions are finally done but once this practice has been reported, it's impossible to change people's mindset and perception

Last edited by MDM; 22nd April 2022 at 03:21 AM..
Old 22nd April 2022, 03:28 AM

besides, if one is willing to sell, if he/she has the right to renew, then it's easy to do some fake bidding to push up the price easily to trap and cheat the real bidders
Old 26th April 2022, 03:08 PM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
besides, if one is willing to sell, if he/she has the right to renew, then it's easy to do some fake bidding to push up the price easily to trap and cheat the real bidders

True. The owners of such domain names involve in shill-bidding and try to make the customers to believe that there is a huge demand for IDNs. This in contrast, will damage the reputation of the IDN industry which itself is trying to survive with its last breath.
Old 12th May 2022, 06:35 AM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
not just the winners, all bidders (even not winning) will be pissed off, especially this has been done repeatedly

it's doing more damage then testing the market, as people will think that the transaction records can be faked by self-bidding-then-renew practice

no one will really go find out what transactions are finally done but once this practice has been reported, it's impossible to change people's mindset and perception
I can promise you there is no game playing! lol Several accounts because of ownership and it is the forgetfullness and total disorganization over the last few years because of other projects.

Coffee, was an absolute nightmare. I let the domain with the associated email accidentally expire. The password for the account was saved in Chrome for many years and then one day I accidentally cleared my passwords unintentionally. When I went to login at Dynadot to renew it about a week out the password was no longer saved and I couldn't reset it as I no longer had access to the associated email. Ugh. I reached out to Dynadot and sent them the required documents, but someone there forgot to make the admin email changes. I called them, messaged them, begged them and even contacted them on twitter and still 3 days later nothing was getting changed; the person with the authorization to make the changes was not around. The last day I could possibly renew it (day 4) it was Easter Sunday in the US so I figured it was gone. But I kept trying and calling and amazingly on the holiday it got fixed. Going to renew it for 10 years over the next few days. lol.

I honestly have no idea what any of them sold for at auction except coffee so if gaming, I really suck at game playing.