IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   النطاقات العربي (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A/)
-   -   advice for arabic IDNers (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3633-advice-for-arabic-idners.html)

g 6th June 2006 10:26 PM

advice for arabic IDNers
 
when you register a name it is better to secure all other versions

or at least register the version which will receive the most typeins ( OVT helps )

put your names in word document then replace this letter أ or إ by ا

you will get the non dotted version of this letter which will most probably receive more typein

These are not different versions of the word but rather a different version of one letter

Hope that helps many of you ;)

idn 6th June 2006 10:39 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Thanks for the advice. Most certainly worth noting.

IDNCowboy 6th June 2006 10:42 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Edit

IDNCowboy 6th June 2006 10:42 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g
when you register a name it is better to secure all other versions

or at least register the version which will receive the most typeins ( OVT helps )

put your names in word document then replace this letter أ or إ by ا

you will get the non dotted version of this letter which will most probably receive more typein

These are not different versions of the word but rather a different version of one letter

Hope that helps many of you ;)

What is the deal with arabic "keywords". I asked a few native speakers and they said that keywords are impossible as when you merge two different words the characters "stick".

Are keywords worthless in arabic? Is there a workaround? thx

g 6th June 2006 10:44 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
oops!

domainstosell 6th June 2006 11:09 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g
may be worth nothing to you as an expert IDNer

but I don't think so for the new comers who use crappy translators

thanks for appreciation

I think he said "noting", as in, "notable, good info," not "nothing."

Also, I think it is great info as well, as Arabic is worthwhile to try to find regs, but a little more difficult (IMO) than Japanese, Russian, etc.

IDNCowboy 6th June 2006 11:22 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
G, what do you think about my question?

bwhhisc 6th June 2006 11:48 PM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g
may be worth nothing to you as an expert IDNer

g- he send you a compliment!
IDN says it is worth "noting" = worth "remembering"

g 7th June 2006 12:19 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by domainstosell
I think he said "noting", as in, "notable, good info," not "nothing."

Also, I think it is great info as well, as Arabic is worthwhile to try to find regs, but a little more difficult (IMO) than Japanese, Russian, etc.


thanks for clarifying ... an eye error

IDN owns me apology

jose 7th June 2006 12:30 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Sorry g. You know I am to blame for all this...

g 7th June 2006 12:45 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
What is the deal with arabic "keywords". I asked a few native speakers and they said that keywords are impossible as when you merge two different words the characters "stick".

Are keywords worthless in arabic? Is there a workaround? thx


keywords are not worthless ... it is a technical issue that should be resolved

at the meantime stay away from combined words

Quote:

Originally Posted by jose
Sorry g. You know I am to blame for all this...

I think I need english teacher to explain to me what is going on here :confused:

bwhhisc 7th June 2006 01:11 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g
thanks for clarifying ... an eye error

g- speaking of "eyes", who is the lady in your Avatar picture?

g 7th June 2006 01:20 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc
g- speaking of "eyes", who is the lady in your Avatar picture?

buy my movies.com and I'll try to get you an appointment :)

thefabfive 7th June 2006 01:24 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

...put your names in word document then replace this letter أ or إ by ...
Aww man, secret's out now.

gammascalper 7th June 2006 01:26 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g
buy my movies.com and I'll try to get you an appointment :)

:)

Drewbert 7th June 2006 02:07 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Sheesh.

First one I try has 1200 ovt. I replace the character, it gets 3600 ovt.

Check the .com, effing Sarcle's got it! :)

thefabfive 7th June 2006 03:09 AM

Re: advice for arabic IDNers
 
Sarcle's name comes up alot when searching the good stuff. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54