IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2006, 02:21 AM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road
Arabic Help Please

Hello,

I just got

الدين.com (xn--mgbq6djt.com).

I thought I had "religion" and I reg'd it. However, afterward I put it in another translator online and I got "Debt" or "Owing." Which is it? It gets about 165 US OVT and about 3.9 million Google...

Thanks!
Old 8th June 2006, 08:39 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Re: Arabic Help Please

both meanings are correct

but there is "the" before the term
Old 8th June 2006, 01:54 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
both meanings are correct

but there is "the" before the term
Thanks for the response, g. Is this a term that people would normally use the "the" with in this context, or does that make it worthless? The stats are still pretty great, IMO...

Thanks!
Old 8th June 2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

"the" is commonly used in Arabic terms and does not detract from the value of the domain. The stats tell the story. BTW - I got more than 8M Google results for your term yesterday. Very nice.
Old 8th June 2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
"the" is commonly used in Arabic terms and does not detract from the value of the domain. The stats tell the story. BTW - I got more than 8M Google results for your term yesterday. Very nice.

Thanks, fab. That's great because I also got الحق.com, and I noticed the "the" on that one as well, although it seems to flow pretty well with that term.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 8th June 2006, 02:11 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

adding "the" to arabic terms is very much accepted and sometimes it is better to add it to some terms .... and because the term remains one word I find it fantastic way to find a good alternative to generic terms.

and as thefabfive said it doesn't affect domain value at all
Old 8th June 2006, 02:24 PM

Thanks g, I appreciate the help as always!