IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2006, 09:43 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
SEDO? what a bunch on losers

here's my latest encounter with the "leaders in domain parking, selling and messing you around.."

Seperate eMails sent to sedo on Sunday from both buyer and seller of a name:
We want to use your domain transfer service.
Punycode is: xxxxx unicode is: xxxxx
and all the relevant contact details...

Reply from Sedo on Wednesday
Thank you for your email. Please confirm if either party is VAT registered. If so, please provide their VAT number

Buyer and seller responded on Wednesday

Response from Sedo on Thursday:
I am in the process of creating your transfer, but need the full domain name. Please send me the domain name in its normally spelled version, not as an IDN

Buyer: the puny code is: xn-xxxx

Response from Sedo: Sorry for this inconvenience, but I also need the IDN of the domain. Once I have that, then I can process this transfer.

Buyer: the IDN is: xxx

Response from Sedo:
I do apologize for the inconvenience, however at this time our system does not support the transfer of Japanese characters (IDN, UTF8, etc). We are in the process of updating our system for this and should be able to transfer this kind of domain between one and three months from now.

way to go to waste a week of my time.
Old 8th June 2006, 09:48 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: SEDO? what a bunch on losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
here's my latest encounter with the "leaders in domain parking, selling and messing you around.."

Seperate eMails sent to sedo on Sunday from both buyer and seller of a name:
We want to use your domain transfer service.
Punycode is: xxxxx unicode is: xxxxx
and all the relevant contact details...

Reply from Sedo on Wednesday
Thank you for your email. Please confirm if either party is VAT registered. If so, please provide their VAT number

Buyer and seller responded on Wednesday

Response from Sedo on Thursday:
I am in the process of creating your transfer, but need the full domain name. Please send me the domain name in its normally spelled version, not as an IDN

Buyer: the puny code is: xn-xxxx

Response from Sedo: Sorry for this inconvenience, but I also need the IDN of the domain. Once I have that, then I can process this transfer.

Buyer: the IDN is: xxx

Response from Sedo:
I do apologize for the inconvenience, however at this time our system does not support the transfer of Japanese characters (IDN, UTF8, etc). We are in the process of updating our system for this and should be able to transfer this kind of domain between one and three months from now.

way to go to waste a week of my time.
Been there done that!
Old 8th June 2006, 09:52 AM
Semi-retired

i loved the "normally spelt version not an IDN"

well there you go. everyone who isn't english is officially abnormal.
Old 8th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i loved the "normally spelt version not an IDN"

well there you go. everyone who isn't english is officially abnormal.
Sedo is aware of its short comings on the sales side, which is why parked domains cannot be sold for the time being. I guess as they have largely isolated IDN on the sales side, then queries are being passed to staff that haven't the foggiest idea.

I have also tried to Escrow.com and they had issues as well.

I haven't used Escrow this year. I trade purely on the basis of Reputation.

My advice is that if you have the Rep and you unsure, make the other guy transfer first. He should be willing to trade with established players simply to build up his own Rep, after which others will be quite happy to trade with him without the requirement for Escrow.
Old 8th June 2006, 10:05 AM
Semi-retired

the trouble is I am an unknown to this guy and vice versa.

i have used escrow.com before but they can only fudge it so that the punycode has underscores instead of hyphen's.

hardly an ideal. but they "get round it" by asking both parties to email confirmation of the actual punycode.
Old 8th June 2006, 10:10 AM
Veteran

Quote:
the trouble is I am an unknown to this guy and vice versa.

i have used escrow.com before but they can only fudge it so that the punycode has underscores instead of hyphen's.

hardly an ideal. but they "get round it" by asking both parties to email confirmation of the actual punycode.
Yes, I haven't tried it but Afternic may actually be better.
Old 8th June 2006, 11:23 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Alpha- I'm confused...is the idn registered at SEDO or why do you need them at all?
Seems where ever it is reg'd at they should be able to move it from account A to account B (yours)
and you guys use escrow.com to handle the money.
Old 8th June 2006, 11:25 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Alpha- I'm confused...is the idn registered at SEDO?
no. we were simply trying to use their escrow service
Old 8th June 2006, 11:54 AM
Veteran

Try not to go over board as I think we can expect Sedo to start contributing to our forum very soon. I know they have a lot to answer for, but any assistance in pushing the IDN cause forward will be very welcome.
Old 8th June 2006, 11:56 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Try not to go over board as I think we can expect Sedo to start contributing to our forum very soon. I know they have a lot to answer for, but any assistance in pushing the IDN cause forward will be very welcome.
I would welcome that. And it is forgivable that they do not allow escrow of IDN.

but what is hard to forgive is being messed around for a week. If I have lost this sale I will not be a happy bunny.
Old 8th June 2006, 12:53 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

I actually posted a similar thing a few days ago. Afternic escrow is excellent for IDN. I bought one Japanese domain few weeks ago. Initially, both the seller and myself thought that sedo is the way to go. However, sedo tried about two weeks on the name but couldn't get the name and punny-code correctly on the invoice. In the end sedo sent us an email, asking us to use another escrow service. Sedo also told me that their tech staff was working on the system trying to make it compatiable for Japanese domains.
Old 8th June 2006, 01:47 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

We have used escrow.com, they are quite flexible about it. But i heard it's not full proof, like if the WHOIS info is changed, but name not pushed, they still consider it transferred.
Old 8th June 2006, 01:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
We have used escrow.com, they are quite flexible about it. But i heard it's not full proof, like if the WHOIS info is changed, but name not pushed, they still consider it transferred.
No Sedo seem to have a better system in place now, well at least if you use Domainsite where you push to a holding account. They know that the name has been transferred because they actually own until the transfer is completed.