View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2006, 03:57 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A 3rd Party Observer on the Future of IDNS - Failures/Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by damitssam
I do not like how everyone in this forum is screaming how each one of them will become an IDN millionare. The fact is you wont. Like all other markets, around 10% will become really really successful. More then half will get little or no return.
The first condition that decides whether you will be a millionair or not is whether you have such a dream or not. If you do, you will. If you don't, you won't.

Never underestimate the power of dreaming!

Quote:
How in the world will the chinese be able to type a chinese domain QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY. I know you can type in chinese with the RIGHT program, but you do know it is a pain in the ass to type characters right?

You must type in the pin yin version, then choose the word by clicking on it, which will then finally appear on the computer screen.

This way of typing is quite ineffective and SLOW. The typical internet user will NOT Waste his time typing pin yin correctly in order to reach a website....
The ease that the Chinese have when typing Chinese characters is the same ease you feel when you type English, EFFECTIVE and FAST.

The difficulty that you imagine the Chinese typer would have is simply non-existant. Your subjective view can't represent the fact.

The Chinese actually think the other way should be true. They don't understand why so "complicated and hard to remember" English is still being used today. Example:

Mississippi Department of Transportation = 密西西比运输部.

Which one do you think is easier to type? Of course, the Chinese one!

Quote:
I do not see Japanese or Chinese domains taking off due to the complexity of typing domain names.
Sam
Bill Gate will let you see soon

*** Olney should be elected "Ambassador of IDN to the English speaking world"!

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 2nd August 2006 at 04:04 AM..