View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:42 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: A Japanese IDN .com live, in the wild...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
The article and information was great. What I meant was that since .nets are "second cousins" seems that in this field of internet marketing it would be wholy dominated with hundreds, if not thousands of .com businesses. I guess these guys do know their SEO!
Yes, much of this about SEO. When the dust settles IDN will give a clear SEO advantage, whether dot com or dot net. When it comes to type-in, it will all be down to who has the highest levels of public awareness. Dot com has to be the front runner there.

It may be, however, that direct navigation is not going to play as significant role as it has done in the US. For the most part direct navigation to unfamilar sites is for dummies, so the Search derived queries are more likely to be the most valuable longer-term. Even so, selection from the search results could still be influenced by extension.

Then there is memorability factor. If you don't mentally log the extension of domain that has been advertised, you may attempt to type in using the most familiar extensions. Dot com will again come out here.

Big business is generally fairly conservative and worries about cachet, as well as the pure navigation issues. I think large corporates will stay with dot com and there reinforce its use.