IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
ND Shows User Searches in Native Language

Namedrive now appears to show User Searches in native languages. It used to just show ?? when users typed in their native language into the search boxes on parked domains. This should help us customize our keywords to what most people are looking for.

On a side note - I've seen some Arabic ads show up for Arabic keywords.

Very nice progress!
Old 8th June 2006, 05:00 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Re: ND Shows User Searches in Native Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
Namedrive now appears to show User Searches in native languages. It used to just show ?? when users typed in their native language into the search boxes on parked domains. This should help us customize our keywords to what most people are looking for.

On a side note - I've seen some Arabic ads show up for Arabic keywords.

Very nice progress!
Yes, my estimation of what is happening is that much of the drop off is effectively due to better targeting of traffic away from US speculators to Asiatic browsers. This seems to have resulted in a drop in earnings. Frankly, I think is very positive, as we can expect real earnings growth from this source.
Old 8th June 2006, 05:12 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

I know this is a little off topic but it pertains to the same thing.

My question is when is cpanel going to switch to unicode so I can see what my visitors where searching for when they come to my sites?
Old 8th June 2006, 05:15 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
I know this is a little off topic but it pertains to the same thing.

My question is when is cpanel going to switch to unicode so I can see what my visitors where searching for when they come to my sites?
i can answer that. the chances are they were searching for some disgusting sexual connotation, and were awarded accordingly :p

seriously, yes this is a major short-coming
Old 8th June 2006, 05:24 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
chances are they were searching for some disgusting sexual connotation, and were awarded accordingly
I resent that. My visitors are looking for information on the art of sweet love making and being thoughtful and respectful lovers.
Old 8th June 2006, 05:25 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
I resent that. My visitors are looking for information on the art of sweet love making and being thoughtful and respectful lovers.
... while dressed in gimp suits
Old 8th June 2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
... while dressed in gimp suits
I prefer "Tender lovemaking outfits."
Old 8th June 2006, 05:37 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
I prefer "Tender lovemaking outfits."
i need to stop this now. I'm giving you a bad reputaion simultanteously on two threads.
Old 8th June 2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
i need to stop this now. I'm giving you a bad reputaion simultanteously on two threads.
Nah, it's all in jest and good fun. But in terms of metaphors you can't beat me.

Anyways back on topic, that's great news for namedrive... just need cpanel to get with the program.
Old 8th June 2006, 05:53 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone knows when this happened? I'm trying to find a reason for super high PPC the past 7 day - i'll break $1k if this trend sustains. My first suspicion is the usual Google trick - some surprises once in a while just to prevent defection. But i won't discount any other possibilities.
Old 8th June 2006, 05:58 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Does anyone knows when this happened? I'm trying to find a reason for super high PPC the past 7 day - i'll break $1k if this trend sustains. My first suspicion is the usual Google trick - some surprises once in a while just to prevent defection. But i won't discount any other possibilities.
I think you will find that changes are down to Geotargeted advertising using multilingual keywords.
Old 8th June 2006, 06:02 PM
Veteran

But i see one problem, at least with Japanese, there seem to be too few native ads, only 1 or 2! This will reduce clickthru. I know Google.co.jp has more than 1 or 2 for my keyword.

I also noticed that my adult japanese names got no native ads! Do we still need to switch to PORTAL to get native ads to appear?

Last edited by touchring; 8th June 2006 at 06:05 PM..
Old 8th June 2006, 06:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
But i see one problem, at least with Japanese, there seem to be too few native ads, only 1 or 2! This will reduce clickthru. I know Google.co.jp has more than 1 or 2 for my keyword.

I also noticed that my adult japanese names got no native ads! Do we still need to switch to PORTAL to get native ads to appear?
Yes, this appears to be a Google Problem. What I did notice was when I tried to evaluate the cost of booking terms on Adwords even with very high Overture Bids the cost on Google was apparently very low. I am not sure that Google isn't giving away Ads to penetrate the market and these are not being loaded onto the PPC portals. There is something strange going on, but it does appear to be down to Namedrive, as the Sedo situation appears to be much the same.
Old 8th June 2006, 06:51 PM
Veteran

Yahoo and Google are practically controlling the whole targeted PPC market - more players should come in to reduce their commission. We're practically begging for PPC when they are earning so much.
Old 8th June 2006, 11:37 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road

Just checked the Hebrew keyword - סקס (sex) - and it shows a full page of Hebrew ads!!

Have to check all the high traffic names now. It would be nice if ND sent a little note or something about these changes.
Old 8th June 2006, 11:39 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yahoo and Google are practically controlling the whole targeted PPC market - more players should come in to reduce their commission. We're practically begging for PPC when they are earning so much.
Welcome Microsoft....
Old 8th June 2006, 11:43 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
Just checked the Hebrew keyword - סקס (sex) - and it shows a full page of Hebrew ads!!

Have to check all the high traffic names now. It would be nice if ND sent a little note or something about these changes.
Strange -- I tried using סקס and defaulted to the portal page. No Hebrew ads in sight. Do you have a sample url?
Old 8th June 2006, 11:51 PM
Administrator

I haven't checked the actual page (and can't right now or the IT police will get me) but the domain it's on is סקסחינם.com.

Disclaimer - please don't click on the ads.

Funny thing - when I went to check the preview of the page - by clicking the magnifying glass on ND - the סקס was replaced by ??. When I put סקס again as the keyword the Hebrew ads were still there. I'll have to check the page when I get home. I'll post a screenshot if no one else can confirm this "anomoly".

Last edited by thefabfive; 8th June 2006 at 11:59 PM..
Old 8th June 2006, 11:58 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

I see it! Almost a full page of Hebrew ads mostly using .co.il TLDs.

Looks good. For some reason they don't appear for my non-Hebrew domains using that keyword.
Old 9th June 2006, 01:33 AM
Administrator

I'm seeing almost a full page of ads for many Hebrew keywords!

Got some work to do.

Last edited by thefabfive; 9th June 2006 at 01:43 AM..