IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Thumbs up New Countries Added to ND!

Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the United Arab Emirates added to the country settings on Namedrive pages!

I haven't tried it out yet, but great progress by ND. Thanks, Ed!
Old 13th June 2006, 08:57 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Re: New Countries Added to ND!

I'm getting emotional...

There's even a little ad inventory in Russian!
Old 13th June 2006, 09:00 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road

Alas, it looks like at least Russia won't stick. The setting reverts to United States after exit. Don't waste your time changing anything over yet.

But I'm sure the ND team is working hard to fix this.

Last edited by thefabfive; 13th June 2006 at 09:09 PM..
Old 13th June 2006, 09:09 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
Alas, it looks like at least Russia won't stick. The setting revert to United States after exit.

But I'm sure the ND is working hard to fix this.
Ed hasn't been specific, but I *think* the country selector creates an ad preview as if the user was viewing the ad from the location selected. I assumed the country setting reverting to the US didn't change anything.

Ed care to comment?
Old 13th June 2006, 09:14 PM
Administrator

You are correct, gamma. Same thing happens for Japanese and I think we've concluded that those work fine.

Party's on again!
Old 13th June 2006, 09:18 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a major development. It may not be perfect yet, but it's a significant step in the right direction.
Old 13th June 2006, 09:18 PM
Veteran

It's a little hard taking on faith that the parking pages look like what we're shown in the previews, that's for sure.

But yeah, Party on Garth!
Old 13th June 2006, 09:22 PM

NameDriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to NameDriver

Party on Wayne...

The preview is simply to see how the pages will look for a user with an IP from that country.

I did promise...

Ed
Old 13th June 2006, 09:28 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
You are correct, gamma. Same thing happens for Japanese and I think we've concluded that those work fine. Party's on again!
Are you getting traffic for Japanese?
Old 13th June 2006, 09:28 PM

P.S.
Thanks very much for our translators for the Russian and Arabic portals, they look fabulous. Thai, Korean and maybe even India would be very very much appreciated.
I believe Mr. Guru is looking to work some magic there.
Ed
Old 13th June 2006, 09:57 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameDriver
P.S.
Thanks very much for our translators for the Russian and Arabic portals, they look fabulous. Thai, Korean and maybe even India would be very very much appreciated.
I believe Mr. Guru is looking to work some magic there.
Ed
you're the man Mr Ed.
Old 13th June 2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Are you getting traffic for Japanese?
Me? No, not much Japanese traffic to speak of. But my Japanese names aren't exactly cream of the crop.
Old 13th June 2006, 10:51 PM
Veteran

I don't get much traffic to Japanese either.

The best performers are novelty names, which people seem to type-in curious to see if they actually do work, like あいうえお.

Ed:

Can you confirm that namedrive is using the domain name as keyword when no keyword is entered? That way we will only have to actively optimize the compound non-CKJ IDN.

Last edited by gammascalper; 13th June 2006 at 10:54 PM..
Old 13th June 2006, 11:14 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Those Russian ads are awesome! That's my best suit, and it is incredible! I get a lot of traffic to date, and few clicks, so this should really help with mine! KUDOS!
Old 13th June 2006, 11:27 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
Those Russian ads are awesome! That's my best suit, and it is incredible! I get a lot of traffic to date, and few clicks, so this should really help with mine! KUDOS!
Well my CTR on Russian has been about 15% which is less than Arabic but this should certainly help us get that figure up and hopeful land a few richer pickings as well!
Old 14th June 2006, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
I don't get much traffic to Japanese either.

The best performers are novelty names, which people seem to type-in curious to see if they actually do work, like あいうえお.

Ed:

Can you confirm that namedrive is using the domain name as keyword when no keyword is entered? That way we will only have to actively optimize the compound non-CKJ IDN.
This would be an INCREDIBLE time saver. About 95% of my IDN's are pure keywords. If I only had to go through the other 5% to put the correct keyword hint in, I would save HOURS of work.

If it's not happening already Ed, please consider doing this. Maybe as an option assignable as default? "use domain name as keyword".
Old 14th June 2006, 09:36 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
This would be an INCREDIBLE time saver. About 95% of my IDN's are pure keywords. If I only had to go through the other 5% to put the correct keyword hint in, I would save HOURS of work.

If it's not happening already Ed, please consider doing this. Maybe as an option assignable as default? "use domain name as keyword".
Sedo do this, but as many good Keywords have few Ads to date, it is not quite as good as it sounds.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:32 AM

Hi guys,

For Latin character names, Google will 'read' the domain and return ads without use of a keyword. If this doesn't happen for IDN names, tech have said it is because of Google rather than us.
In addition to this, lame as it may sound, as none of us speak Japanese etc, it's hard to see if the ads Google returns automatically actually match the domain name. Maybe some people in Japan / Russia such as Olney or Edwin could confirm whether this works or not for them...

Ed
Old 14th June 2006, 10:37 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameDriver
Hi guys,

For Latin character names, Google will 'read' the domain and return ads without use of a keyword. If this doesn't happen for IDN names, tech have said it is because of Google rather than us.
In addition to this, lame as it may sound, as none of us speak Japanese etc, it's hard to see if the ads Google returns automatically actually match the domain name. Maybe some people in Japan / Russia such as Olney or Edwin could confirm whether this works or not for them...

Ed
Sorry Ed, but I think you missed the point. Sedo, admittedly at times rather irritating name inputting process actually set the keyword as default to the truncated domain name. This in many instances would be the first keyword most would try especially for good names. This has nothing to do with Googles system it is to do with the interface. I think it is a useful feature and it should be straightforward to do this not only for IDN but for ASCII as well.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:59 AM

Oh, I see.

The thing is with this is that if you add Doctor.com to my Sedo account and they automatically set the keyword to 'Doctor', this has exactly the same effect as parking Doctor.com with us and we submit 'Doctor.com' to Google. They then return ads for Doctor.
If you then list Doctorsexchange.com with Sedo and they set the keyword automatically to Doctorsexchange or Doctors Exchange or Doctor Sex Change, their automated system is still the same as simply submitting Doctorsexchange.com to Google who read the truncated domain name - I'd be inclined to trust the Google tech over anyone else in this as they love playing with this stuff.
So the issue is really whether Google can then read the IDN version of 'Doctor' or 'Doctorsexchange' as well as they can read ASCII versions. I would hope so, especially for the single keyword names, but I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the case. Before, they were simply reading 'xn-' and getting confused, so I can understand the advantage of having a Sedo style auto-keyowrd option.

Ed