IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Site Suggestions & Feedback We would like to hear what you think might make the site better or any feedback.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
The time for Moderators is now

I think it's time for some moderators here at IDNF. Recent activity has created some "tension" related to IDNs. Some member feel the need to inflame others and things really spiral out of control quickly. Keeping the integrity of this forum is essential for everyone involved.

Olney, please give it some thought.
Old 14th June 2006, 06:37 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: The time for Moderators is now

This has been discussed with Olney, and I know for a fact he has a plan for mods. I just don't think he had time to put it in place before he went out of town.
Old 14th June 2006, 07:14 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Looking a bit like the Hatfields and McCoys around here, or maybe closer to the "OK Corral".

Last edited by bwhhisc; 14th June 2006 at 08:33 PM..
Old 14th June 2006, 07:50 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Depending on the amount of effort required I could be willing to mod but time is scarce...
Old 14th June 2006, 09:27 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

I agree.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:36 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Looking a bit like the Hatfields and McCoys around here, or maybe closer to the "OK Corral".
Yes, but sometimes just better to let them say their peace, get thrown to the wolves, storm off in a huff and then creep back like sheep. No names no pack drill.
Old 14th June 2006, 11:26 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, but sometimes just better to let them say their peace, get thrown to the wolves, storm off in a huff and then creep back like sheep. No names no pack drill.
I think it was a good exercise in bringing in a few naysayers in to shake up the thinking and redefine the fact that the IDN system was created from the "bottom up" by some very solid thinking.

It is not easy to absorb all this IDN philosophy on your first go round, but many of these ascii domainers will probably be impelled to spend a bit of time researching, reading and learning more. You can only hope that the light will go "on" in time to take advantage of the current IDN opportunities.
Old 14th June 2006, 11:35 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I think it was a good exercise in bringing in a few naysayers in to shake up the thinking and redefine the fact that the IDN system was created from the "bottom up" by some very solid thinking.

It is not easy to absorb all this IDN philosophy on your first go round, but many of these ascii domainers will probably be impelled to spend a bit of time researching, reading and learning more. You can only hope that the light will go "on" in time to take advantage of the current IDN opportunities.
Olney got into this by trying to come up with arguments to put down my assertions on DNF. He ended converting himself. Don't worry debate on issues can only bring out the truth. I think one or two have seen the light already.
Old 16th June 2006, 06:26 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

A mod/mods is definitely in order even if it is simply to act as arbitrator in the event of disputes.

I think that one thing in particular will come from the recent namepros debacle is that you will see more interest in IDNs despite the heavy handed approach from some parties.

The interest will create more members on this forum with no doubt an increased expertise in various languages , that will dilute the reliance upon, and "importance" of some existing members who at times seem distant and off handed with responses particularly to newbies. If the cap fits!

I know I am preaching to the converted but I personally can only see a huge future for IDN's and have been convinced by people such as RD, fab5, markits etc who have been particularly helpful - thanks to you guys.