IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:35 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The first $1mn IDN?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
My last enounter with IDNo left me thinking that he isn't a trouble maker, but more of a member who likes to get in there and argue a point.

but this post puts it in a new light and really shows his true colors.

you are correct, he is the Trol.

for those that are wondering, this is the real PM exchange he is referring to; compare it. :p (anyone who wishese to have this forwarded to them just ask)

Re: Hello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNo
Can you tell me why my post was deleted?

Yours and others were deleted in an attemt to bring the topic back on track.

The alternative is it will be closed instead.

I am sick of the constant bitching, and quite frankly my take on this is you come here, you post a comment to stir it up - and you disappear again - that it no way to operate, and will not be tolerated.

Do you think i'm an idiot - even your user name is stiring it up alone.

Trouble makers are not welcome here.

What is welcome here is healthy debates - you do not have to believe in IDN, but be graceful about it, there's no need to fire of comments just in an attempt to kick start a brawl.

and no you were not singled out, sadly other members here also want a public brawl - they have been brought in line too.

You have to understand the psychology behind all this - it's all about money. Domainers that invested heavily in ascii dot com are now feeling threatened by IDNs. It's the new versus the old. IDN is now sucking quite a bit of money from the ascii dot com market.

The reality is that even if there were no IDNF, there will be still another IDN forum. Nothing can stop people from using IDNs if IE7 starts supporting IDNs. The market will take off by itself. So any effort to delay is fruitless. The only strategy now is to engage it and ride on the boom. Of cos, one can always hang on to the "Sinking Ship" - not to say ascii dot com will sink, but an analogy, and in life, there are really people that will hang on until it goes under.

Last edited by touchring; 23rd June 2006 at 09:40 AM..
Old 23rd June 2006, 02:14 PM

IDNo is an unknown quantity at this point

First let me apologize for my posts last night. I was angry and took it out on you guys. I'm sorry.

Let me try to explain why I was so mad.

If you read any of my posts before last night you will see they were not rude or mean. I was critical of IDN's and some of the claims, but I was not rude or mean about it.

I kept getting attacked and insulted from all sides. It eventfully got to me.

Then I saw a comment from "Drewbert" saying that America was morally bankrupt and that really offended me. I made a post about it and that post got deleted. That made me more angry.

It appears Drewbert says a lot of insulting things and it's just his personality, but I think the guy needs to chill out and work on himself a little.

Also somebody close to me from another forum named namepros told me how "genius" and others had created a big stink over there and treated them unfairly in the threads over here. I happen to know those namepros guys are very nice and it pissed me off to see them treated badly or talked about.

All of these things plus others added up together got me angry.

I was mad. I dished out to you guys what had been dished out to me.

However, two wrongs don't make a right and I should have bitten my tongue.

I apologize.

There you have it.
Old 23rd June 2006, 02:23 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNo
First let me apologize for my posts last night. I was angry and took it out on you guys. I'm sorry.

Let me try to explain why I was so mad.

If you read any of my posts before last night you will see they were not rude or mean. I was critical of IDN's and some of the claims, but I was not rude or mean about it.

I kept getting attacked and insulted from all sides. It eventfully got to me.

Then I saw a comment from "Drewbert" saying that America was morally bankrupt and that really offended me. I made a post about it and that post got deleted. That made me more angry.

It appears Drewbert says a lot of insulting things and it's just his personality, but I think the guy needs to chill out and work on himself a little.

Also somebody close to me from another forum named namepros told me how "genius" and others had created a big stink over there and treated them unfairly in the threads over here. I happen to know those namepros guys are very nice and it pissed me off to see them treated badly or talked about.

All of these things plus others added up together got me angry.

I was mad. I dished out to you guys what had been dished out to me.

However, two wrongs don't make a right and I should have bitten my tongue.

I apologize.

There you have it.
thank you for the apology IDNo, it takes guts to say that.

now lets keep a clean fight

Last edited by alpha; 23rd June 2006 at 03:04 PM..
Old 23rd June 2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>Then I saw a comment from "Drewbert" saying that America was morally bankrupt and that really offended me.

Why were you offended? Embarrassed by the truth?

Prove to me the USA is NOT morally bankrupt, and I'll apologise for offending you.
Old 24th June 2006, 05:51 AM

IDNo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
Why were you offended? Embarrassed by the truth?
I could say a lot of things, about you, about how you've been banned from multiple forums, about the country who's flag you fly, etc.

But I won't. I don't feel it's necessary.

I honestly think you are a sociopath, and my only wish for you -- is that you get help.

Good luck with that.

Last edited by IDNo; 24th June 2006 at 05:57 AM..
Old 24th June 2006, 06:09 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Politics shouldn't be a topic to be debated in this thread, or even in this forum.
Old 24th June 2006, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>about how you've been banned from multiple forums

Yeah, right.

>I honestly think you are a sociopath, and my only wish for you -- is that you get help.

And you need an appointment with Doctor Reality.