IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2006, 03:53 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
What's with the sea of red?

So I missed a few days here at the forum. Had a major tooth infection and had to have my wisdom teeth pulled been on some heavy antibiotics and pain killers. (Lymph Nodes the size of golf balls) I come back on today to see half of the active users names are red. I am a premium member also so I have the option to turning my name red as well but to tell you the truth all this red hurts my eyes. Is there any why we can choose colors? Like have our premium usernames in green, blue, yellow as well as red? Just a question.

Also. Did I miss anything big?

I see you guys laid into RJ it's about time that guy got it straight.

Anything else major I need to know about? Scammers? News? Extra?

Sorry still a little high from the drugs hope this all made sense.

Cheers.
Old 15th June 2006, 04:06 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: What's with the sea of red?

How the heck do I turn my red off? Its driving me nuts and I cant find an option in the control panel...
Old 15th June 2006, 04:11 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Anything else major I need to know about? Scammers? News? Extra? Cheers.
Yes, this was potpourri week here at the forum, a little bit of everything!
Scammers-yes News-yes Extra fun, Oh yes, Jerry Springer would be proud Cheers- not for US Soccer lol

Probably more fun to read threads so we won't spoil the endings!

I agree colors would be more interesting for premium members.
Old 15th June 2006, 04:37 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

In your CP under 'Group Memberships' you should be able to turn it off.
Old 15th June 2006, 04:41 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Nothing there except 'There are currently no public usergroups available for you to join.'
Old 15th June 2006, 04:47 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Strange... I see:

Registered Users Senior Member Identify me as a member of this group
Premium User
Optional membership for members who want more PM space & added prvilages
Premium Member Identify me as a member of this group

Maybe it's still there because I never changed it?
Old 15th June 2006, 06:34 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
Nothing there except 'There are currently no public usergroups available for you to join.'
it's under "group memberships", just select the identify me as a "senior member" radio button.

it just turns the red off.

i've turned mine off now. it did hurt the eyes. but i'm still greedy :p
Old 15th June 2006, 07:10 PM

DavyBUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the same problem as Mulligan with the same message under Group Memberships....I want to turn it back to blue too !

Welcome back Adam

David
Old 15th June 2006, 08:26 PM

vgemito is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a reminder that turning off the red may have the unintended effect of also discouraging new contributors.

The more red that members and future members can see, the stronger the lesson before them: contribute like so many others.

Alternately, with few members visibly contributing, the temptation for other members and future members might be to argue "Why should I bother when no one else does?"

So, I think that until some other distinction is devised, it is better to risk "hurting" your eyes for the greater benefit of this forum.

Regards
Old 15th June 2006, 09:28 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the welcomes back and for the pms from some of you.

It's been great catching back up...

But please, please, please... think about doing something with all the red names Olney.
Old 15th June 2006, 10:56 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgemito
Just a reminder that turning off the red may have the unintended effect of also discouraging new contributors.

The more red that members and future members can see, the stronger the lesson before them: contribute like so many others.

Alternately, with few members visibly contributing, the temptation for other members and future members might be to argue "Why should I bother when no one else does?"

So, I think that until some other distinction is devised, it is better to risk "hurting" your eyes for the greater benefit of this forum.

Regards
I agree.

RD
Old 16th June 2006, 03:24 PM

I Dig the new color Olney. Anyway to give users choices of others? How can I personalize my "premium member" line?