IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2006, 06:41 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Time to buy Microsoft shares is NOW

Time to buy Microsoft Shares is NOW.

CNN reported: http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/15/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

-- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is giving up his day-to-day role at the company.

rumour has it he wants to spend more time with his family, and to reg lots of IDN's.
Old 16th June 2006, 06:47 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Time to buy Microsoft shares is NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
Time to buy Microsoft Shares is NOW.

CNN reported: http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/15/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

-- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is giving up his day-to-day role at the company.

rumour has it he wants to spend more time with his family, and to reg lots of IDN's.

Hmm, are people trying to relate Bill Gates to Dubya? :p

Where's the rumor that he wants to spend more time with his family?
Old 16th June 2006, 04:11 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Considering Microsoft is around their 5 year low. Anytime between now and the release of Vista (whenever that maybe) is a good time. You're a shoe-in for a profit.

*Of course I am not a financial expert and all of this is purely speculation
Old 16th June 2006, 04:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Considering Microsoft is around their 5 year low. Anytime between now and the release of Vista (whenever that maybe) is a good time. You're a shoe-in for a profit.

*Of course I am not a financial expert and all of this is purely speculation

Any experts on shares care to comment?

Early this month i junked Outlook for Thunderbird and my email productivity shot up 50%.
Old 16th June 2006, 04:26 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Any experts on shares care to comment?

Early this month i junked Outlook for Thunderbird and my email productivity shot up 50%.
I too really would love to hear some of the online traders comments on this.

It's all about bottom line and Vista is going to add a huge revenue stream for Microsoft not to mention the stockholders.
Old 16th June 2006, 04:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
I too really would love to hear some of the online traders comments on this.

It's all about bottom line and Vista is going to add a huge revenue stream for Microsoft not to mention the stockholders.
Bottomline? But i seem to hear double digit profit and revenue growth new reports on Microsoft all the time?
Old 16th June 2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Bottomline? But i seem to hear double digit profit and revenue growth new reports on Microsoft all the time?
Innovation too my friend. XP has run it's course and is stagnant (i.e nervous stockholders). Now a new OS, new browser, new office, new programs. The whole package. Just wait. I predict another split. I'm taking wagers.
Old 16th June 2006, 04:52 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, MSFT doubled its revenue in the last six years (not easy with such a huge base) with consistently increasing net income every quarter. We just had a $12bn quarter. And how has our stock performed? Flat. It is a value play, but who has dollars to invest in the stock market these days - everything discretionary is in IDN!
Old 16th June 2006, 05:01 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Yes, MSFT doubled its revenue in the last six years (not easy with such a huge base) with consistently increasing net income every quarter. We just had a $12bn quarter. And how has our stock performed? Flat. It is a value play, but who has dollars to invest in the stock market these days - everything discretionary is in IDN!
All that tells me is that Microsoft is probably not as Overvalues as it was six years ago. What is P/E and is that reasonable in view of that fact that it takes six years to double it revenue?
Old 16th June 2006, 05:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
All that tells me is that Microsoft is probably not as Overvalues as it was six years ago. What is P/E and is that reasonable in view of that fact that it takes six years to double it revenue?

Yes, PE ratio is important. The other thing will be the publicity from Vista. But the question is - when is the best time to enter - because if M$ declares another delay for Vista, prices might get even better. But even that, i think it's a short term play, so timing is important.

Just found an interesting read - http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/15/tech...cast/index.htm

Last edited by touchring; 16th June 2006 at 05:24 PM..
Old 16th June 2006, 05:29 PM

BTW - gates is not doing it to spend more time with family, but to take on day to day management of the bill & melinda gates foundation - by far the largest charitable foundation on earth. One thing I can't fault the man for is the way he spends his money.

The US government pisses away $100 billion setting up the world's largest terrorist training camp and at least Gates is trying to create a vaccine for malaria and to finally eradicate polio.
Old 16th June 2006, 06:07 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

and with the new guy entering he will want to make an impression - and if he makes the right decisions, it could prove lucrative for investors.
Old 16th June 2006, 07:37 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
BTW - gates is not doing it to spend more time with family, but to take on day to day management of the bill & melinda gates foundation - Gates is trying to create a vaccine for malaria and to finally eradicate polio.
Bill & Melinda Gates have the power, influence and money to really make a difference. I am glad for his decision, only good things can come from it to change the world for the better.
Old 16th June 2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
and with the new guy entering he will want to make an impression - and if he makes the right decisions, it could prove lucrative for investors.
Actually, there is no new guy. Gates will still be chairman, just not full time and Steve Balmer has been running Microsoft for the past 6 years as CEO and will continue to do so. These changes by the way, only go into effect 2 years from now in 2008. Clearly, they are giving the market a long lead time to incorporate the news.