View Single Post
Old 18th August 2006, 01:25 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: Your Opinion Or Advice Is Needed

I reported the attacking posts to the moderation team at the time, with comments. I felt that it168 was way, way out of line.

I am frankly amazed that the whole thing was allowed to continue for so long, with a ranting newbie attacking again and again one of the most established members of this forum. My own impulse would be to err on the side of caution and keep things smooth and friendly by banning more readily the real troublemakers.

Don't get me wrong, Olney has a great community going here, but the bigger it gets the messier it becomes, following the path of just about every forum out there. Seemingly the only way to counter that would be to get stricter in moderating the fringe elements... but it's not my forum, so I mention it here simply because you're asking for opinions.