IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2006, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
PR Opportunity.

Just guessing, but does Nippon Television have a news department?

If anyone is interest I would be quite happy to given them a free transfer of:

xn--ddk0a0ew52yzlb.com 日本テレビ Nippon Television

The thing is somebody would need to explain to them what it is that is exactly on offer, which may not prove to an easy task. However, they would stand to potential avoid themselves a lot of time and aggrevation.

On the positive side we could put Domain Speculators in Japan in a more positive light, with the Japanese Media, and possible even get a New item somewhere.

If somebody with the appropriate skills would feel interested in doing this. Just let me know. I can push you the domain or just hold it until it is time. It is due to drop in October.
Old 19th June 2006, 01:34 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: PR Opportunity.

Actually I was going to inform you about this but I forgot.
The TV show I do in Tokyo is actually on NTV.
Since they released DVDs of it's one of their top grossing shows.

I don't know my next shoot schedule but when I do I can try to speak to one of the producers or young directors.

They might be able to put me in the right direction but I'm not sure how to work it out so it gets "press"...

I'll try to work out how to get Press before approaching them though.
I sometimes message staff for the show but I'm not sure how much clout they got...
Old 19th June 2006, 01:38 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
Actually I was going to inform you about this but I forgot.
The TV show I do in Tokyo is actually on NTV.
Since they released DVDs of it's one of their top grossing shows.

I don't know my next shoot schedule but when I do I can try to speak to one of the producers or young directors.

They might be able to put me in the right direction but I'm not sure how to work it out so it gets "press"...

I'll try to work out how to get Press before approaching them though.
I sometimes message staff for the show but I'm not sure how much clout they got...
Thanks Olney, I am not setting conditions on hand this over. All I am saying is that if it is handled right there might be some mileage. Even a lot of mileage if we get lucky.

OK! I will take it that you are handling this. Until you tell me otherwise, I will hold onto the domain. You can put in a "might be able to pursuade" light if you like.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 19th June 2006 at 01:41 PM..
Old 19th June 2006, 01:39 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

I think you'd have to forego any chance of getting press from the handing it over side of things, otherwise it's just a "cybersquatter has change of heart"-type story since it's by rights theirs anyway.

But perhaps they could be persuaded to (somehow, somewhere, somewhen) mention IDNs and say that they have now secured (no details) their own company name in IDN and plan to use it (in some way) from now on? In fact, just educating someone there "enough" about IDN for them to turn it on and build on it would be great since they're a huge company and could be seen to lead by example...

A long shot, but better than trying to go for the PR value of a "handover" since I believe that value is actually negative.
Old 19th June 2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

I think you should try to bring this up casually in a conversation with someone of the newsroom or the marketing department, maybe they can use this information as the starting point for a newsitem on idn's ?

A longshot but worth a try, I bet you can use your own activities to make the topic more newsworthy .
Old 19th June 2006, 02:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
I think you should try to bring this up casually in a conversation with someone of the newsroom or the marketing department, maybe they can use this information as the starting point for a newsitem on idn's ?

A longshot but worth a try, I bet you can use your own activities to make the topic more newsworthy .
Yes, but I think you need to bear in mind that this organisation will be bigger than some of the "Cities" that get put up for sale here!
Old 19th June 2006, 02:47 PM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, but I think you need to bear in mind that this organisation will be bigger than some of the "Cities" that get put up for sale here!
This is true. It's a good idea, but it might be tough to get in touch with the right people in various unrelated departments, and even tougher to get the right message across.

I haven't dealt with NTV specificially, but I have had minor contact with three other Japanese networks and they are definitely behemoths. It is worth a try though and could succeed if Olney can get in touch with the right people.
Old 19th June 2006, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I agree strongly with Edwin. The chances of a "handover" backfiring is too great.

I'm having trouble remembering any good PR in the ASCII dept.

Better to do it quietly, and then highlight the fact that they have staked their claim in the IDN market.

Last edited by Drewbert; 19th June 2006 at 06:28 PM..
Old 19th June 2006, 06:27 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
I agree strongly with Edwin. The chances of a "handover" backfiring is too great.

I'm having trouble remembering any good PR in the ASCII dept.

Better to do it quietly, then highlight the fact that they have staked their claim in the IDN market.
Well, I let Olney handle it the best way he sees fit. He will probably struggle to find anyone who knows what he is talking about. Anyway they have two choices. They can take it from him or they can try and figure out where it lands after it has dropped.
Old 19th June 2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

idn1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
If anyone is interest I would be quite happy to given them a free transfer of:

xn--ddk0a0ew52yzlb.com 日本テレビ Nippon Television
What a generous offer, I think that offering
them this idn.com is a good idea...
Old 19th June 2006, 07:17 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't see such need to give the name to NTV, they may not want it, they would consider such offer a conspiracy. A large Japanese corporation like NTV don't think the way we think, they think very politically.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 19th June 2006 at 07:24 PM..
Old 19th June 2006, 08:05 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Actually they already own the dot jp.
Old 19th June 2006, 08:10 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wonder what they will make of the .com version?
Do you think the would place any value on it, or just write it off as a 'foreign' domain and therefore not worth bothering about?

How savvy and clued in they are about domains in general would have a large influence on what they would say/do?
Old 19th June 2006, 08:10 PM
Banned

idn1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But if they have the .com, surely they'll be
happier?