IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2006, 05:01 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
German IDN domain, Holzhäuser.biz sold at €1,500 = $1,768

From DN Journal, Nov. 2005. Quote: .Biz also claimed the #3 slot with a German IDN domain, Holzhäuser.biz at €1,500 ($1,768). Holzhäuser translates to "wood houses" in English. Found this posting and thought it might be of interest.

Old 28th January 2006, 06:17 PM

pro is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,

I own the non-IDN-Version of holzhäuser.biz --> holzhaeuser.biz.

I am convinced that the IDN has more value than the Non-IDN.
A guy in a german forum "consultdomain.de" sold holzhäuser.biz and blockhäuser.biz. When he ask the new owner of holzhäuser.biz to buy also the non-IDN of Blockhäuser, they are not interested.

Reasons: (my opnion)
- for germans holzhäuser looks much better
-much more searches for Holzhäuser than Holzhaeuser
-shorter and faster to write

But I think in general their are different opions about the quality of IDN/ non-IDN in
germany.

Best regards Pro

Last edited by pro; 28th January 2006 at 06:19 PM..
Old 28th January 2006, 06:21 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro
Hello,

I own the non-IDN-Version of holzhäuser.biz --> holzhaeuser.biz.

I am convinced that the IDN has more value than the Non-IDN.
A guy in a german forum "consultdomain.de" sold holzhäuser.biz and blockhäuser.biz. When he ask the new owner of holzhäuser.biz to buy also the non-IDN of Blockhäuser, they are not interested.

Reasons: (my opnion)
- for germans holzhäuser looks much better
-much more searches for Holzhäuser than Holzhaeuser
-shorter and faster to write

But I think in general their are different opions about the quality of IDN/ non-IDN in
germany.

Best regards Pro
Thanks -- that's really good information. It's nice hearing that from somebody with a finger at the pulse of the german market.

This is yet another data point in favor of IDN.
Old 28th January 2006, 06:40 PM

donwebcorleone is an unknown quantity at this point
i find that in some latin languages like spanish, french, italian or portuguese - which i also understand ; ) - is way too much complicated and slow to search/write the grammatically correct word. but well the whole IDN idea is also that in a few years people will come back to the idea to search words but grammatically correct.
Old 28th January 2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
is way too much complicated and slow to search/write the grammatically correct word. but well the whole IDN idea is also that in a few years people will come back to the idea to search words but grammatically correct.
In german language its not complicated to write ä,ü,ö. It is simply as to write a, u, o.

ä,ü,ö are faster to write than ae, ue, oe- and it causes less mistakes in writing!

For example: Wärmedämmung/ Waermedaemmung- first looks sexier to me and is easier to write.

When the new Internet-explorer support IDN, I think it will cause a rush on IDN in Germany- but that could also takes some years.

Best regards Pro

Last edited by pro; 28th January 2006 at 07:41 PM..
Old 28th January 2006, 10:43 PM

Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro
In german language its not complicated to write ä,ü,ö. It is simply as to write a, u, o.

ä,ü,ö are faster to write than ae, ue, oe- and it causes less mistakes in writing!

For example: Wärmedämmung/ Waermedaemmung- first looks sexier to me and is easier to write.

When the new Internet-explorer support IDN, I think it will cause a rush on IDN in Germany- but that could also takes some years.

Best regards Pro
Why do you think it will take years?
Old 28th January 2006, 10:44 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro

Best regards Pro

We are already in that rush, which is why we see these domains selling for $20,000 dollars!
Old 28th January 2006, 11:36 PM

@jackal,

Quote:
Why do you think it will take years?
Because I don´t know how long it takes until the users prefer IDN.
I have often noticed that also domainers in the german domainforums seems to be a little sceptical about IDN- but it changes.

You often hear: (Example)"You got the holzhäuser.biz but it would be much better to have the holzhaeuser.biz too, if you want to sell for a good price." That I mean with sceptical to the worth of IDN.
The ideal is to have both versions of a domain- IDN and non-IDN. But its often not possible. When you build an project on only one version its probable to loose some traffic to the other version- and this is something that slow down the developement.

If you want to sell a B-quality IDN-domain and the non-IDN is allready taken its maybe difficult to find someone to sell.

@sarcle,

Quote:
We are already in that rush, which is why we see these domains selling for $20,000 dollars!
Really? My interest in IDN is very fresh- perhaps I need some Information.

Best regards Pro
Old 28th January 2006, 11:39 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Sure no problem

Taken from dnjournal.com

Quote:
übersetzer.de ("translator" in German) at €19,500 ($23,672). That sale will surely cheer the small but growing cadre of IDN fans who believe the spread of non-English alphabets to domain names is presenting a golden opportunity for investors.
Link
http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Make no mistake, it's already happening!
Old 28th January 2006, 11:42 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
If Europe is interesting. Asia is electric.

I am literally getting torn to pieces with investors trying to buy domains right now.

On the other hand I got a co-pilot tugging at the hand brake with both arms!

Believe me, if you got something on your list in Chinese or Japanese that is vaguely commercial Generic, get it regged before its too late!

Dave
Old 29th January 2006, 12:03 AM

sarcle and Dwrixon,

thanks for these informations.

Did you sold
Quote:
Chinese or Japanese ... commercial Generic
domains? Or do you recommend me a website where I can have a look on some
asian IDN-sales.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards Pro
Old 29th January 2006, 12:08 AM

Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro
@jackal,

Because I don´t know how long it takes until the users prefer IDN.
I have often noticed that also domainers in the german domainforums seems to be a little sceptical about IDN- but it changes.

You often hear: (Example)"You got the holzhäuser.biz but it would be much better to have the holzhaeuser.biz too, if you want to sell for a good price." That I mean with sceptical to the worth of IDN.
The ideal is to have both versions of a domain- IDN and non-IDN. But its often not possible. When you build an project on only one version its probable to loose some traffic to the other version- and this is something that slow down the developement.

If you want to sell a B-quality IDN-domain and the non-IDN is allready taken its maybe difficult to find someone to sell.

Best regards Pro
Thank you. Interesting input.
Old 29th January 2006, 12:09 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro
sarcle and Dwrixon,

thanks for these informations.

Did you sold domains? Or do you recommend me a website where I can have a look on some
asian IDN-sales.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards Pro
No, I am selling domains largely to newcomers to this forum. My IDN sales this month have substantially topped anything I have sold previously IDN or otherwise.

The hardest thing at the moment is disciplining oneself to say No!

Dave
Old 29th January 2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
No, I am selling domains largely to newcomers to this forum. My IDN sales this month have substantially topped anything I have sold previously IDN or otherwise.

The hardest thing at the moment is disciplining oneself to say No!

Dave
I too, have to talk myself out of several sales, or I will be completly idn-less.
Old 29th January 2006, 12:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
I too, have to talk myself out of several sales, or I will be completly idn-less.
Yes, it is a bit of job to get ones head around it. If I were to sell my entire portfolio in the current market, I would probably be a multi-millionaire. For someone who after the divorce was left with little more than a portfolio of two word combo dot nets that is quite a turn around!

If I hold for a while they are going to be worth 10 to 100 times currently value. Its all a bit demotivating when I am supposed to be churning out Structural Reports.

Best Regards
Dave
Old 29th January 2006, 12:53 AM

I never thought about register asian-IDN before I entered this forum today.

But it sounds very well. This forum seems to be the right place to inform about this subject. Thank you for interesting input.

Best regards Pro

Last edited by pro; 29th January 2006 at 01:43 AM..
Old 29th January 2006, 08:04 AM

DeTep is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro
I never thought about register asian-IDN before I entered this forum today.

But it sounds very well. This forum seems to be the right place to inform about this subject. Thank you for interesting input.

Best regards Pro
I just found this forum today and I established various ideas as far as idn domains are concerned.

Feel free to offer me all your german and hebrew IDN domains.

regards,
Daniel
Old 26th February 2006, 11:13 AM

Lmg67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: German IDN domain, Holzhäuser.biz sold at €1,500 = $1,768

Hi I have a question for you. Are single-letter IDN domain names of interest to investors as they obviously would be in non-IDN names? or are there too many japanese/chinese/korean/etc. letters so that they are not valuable unless they have a specific meaning?

thanks.
Laurie

Oh, and where do you find all these investors??
Old 26th February 2006, 11:19 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmg67
Hi I have a question for you. Are single-letter IDN domain names of interest to investors as they obviously would be in non-IDN names? or are there too many japanese/chinese/korean/etc. letters so that they are not valuable unless they have a specific meaning?

thanks.
Laurie

Oh, and where do you find all these investors??
Yes, they are of interest, but when it comes down to value it is all down to scarcity and usage.

I went through the Chinese Characters in the early days looking for ones with High Google. We own most of the Arabic, Davengari and Hindi, Alphabets and the first character in quite a few others. We also have the odd Russian Cyrillic. I would say that in order of value, you are talking Arabic, Cyrillics, Hirigana, Hangul and then in general Hanzi or Kanji. The later though can be words in their own right and some are extremely valuable in my opinion. Note though that with Kanji and Hanzi, single character does not forcibly imply single keystroke!
Old 26th February 2006, 11:58 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
If Europe is interesting. Asia is electric.

I am literally getting torn to pieces with investors trying to buy domains right now.

On the other hand I got a co-pilot tugging at the hand brake with both arms!

Believe me, if you got something on your list in Chinese or Japanese that is vaguely commercial Generic, get it regged before its too late!

Dave
Just for inspirtation and motivational purposes can you share the Ball Park they are talking, this means im going to loose even more sleep... gosh D@#$..lol