Thread: 劵 and 券
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2006, 04:07 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough
劵 and 券

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/6243...ions%29-a.html

The above thread contain a mistake by someone saying that 劵 and 券 are both Chinese and that 劵 is the trad and 券 is the simp. This is wrong. In fact, both the trad and simp form of this char is same in Chinese -- 券. The another char, 劵, is a Japanese Kanji char, not in Chinese dictionary and can't be processed by a Chinese processing system.

I feel guilty if I saw someone made mistake and do not take time to correct it. I have seen people gave wrong Chinese translation or interpretaion in the past and as a consequence a few members here made big waste from these Chinese translations and explationations. Please don't take this personally. As I said, everyone makes mistake.

I have to open a new thread because the orginal thread was closed before I find the mistake.