IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Special Character IDN Domains

Special Character IDN Domains Discuss novelty IDN Domains, Special Character Domains & Digbat Domains.. This is only for IDN Domains that can be typed with the same character set or single character dingbat domains. We do not allow IDN domains that look like an existing domain & may be used for IDN spoofing or IDN domain phishing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2006, 06:52 PM

damitssam is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking ҹ.com

I registered ҹ.com

Apparently, it is a member of the Cyrillian Alphabet

Ahh well good old ebay
Old 28th June 2006, 06:55 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: ҹ.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by damitssam
I registered ҹ.com

Apparently, it is a member of the Cyrillian Alphabet

Ahh well good old ebay
Used in Azeri when written in Cyrillic.

http://az.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azərbaycan_dili

This post doesn't belong in the Symbols section. This is not a symbol. Actually, some letters or characters can be used symbollically, this is not one of them.

It is kind of ignorant to take someone else's language, grab a letter, and call it s symbol just because you don't know how it is used.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 28th June 2006 at 07:24 PM..
Old 28th June 2006, 07:25 PM

Thats great... Exactly what does that mean

I am an idn newbie but I feel that one character names can be ebayed for 100% ROI within a week.

Old 28th June 2006, 07:29 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thats great... Exactly what does that mean

I am an idn newbie but I feel that one character names can be ebayed for 100% ROI within a week.

A lot of things can be ebayed for a 100% ROI.

But here, we are kind of focused on serious domaining. Therefore, you have to take into account what something means, the propensity of people to type it in, and so on.

I'm sure this is a valuable domain to someone who targets the Azeri Cyrillic audience, but you should do the research yourself on the language before you reg more single characters in random.

To tell you the truth, the official script of Azeri is now Latin based and not Cyrillic.
Old 29th June 2006, 05:04 PM
Banned

idn1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damitssam: I agree with Blast but would
just like to say welcome to the forum and
we look forward to hearing some of your
views.

Oh, do be careful on eBay; i've always found
it to be an absolute sewer, in terms of decent
IDN, and if you do want to buy/sell quality IDN
then doing it here is prob. your best bet.

Regards
Old 29th June 2006, 05:16 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn1234
Damitssam: I agree with Blast but would
just like to say welcome to the forum and
we look forward to hearing some of your
views.

Oh, do be careful on eBay; i've always found
it to be an absolute sewer, in terms of decent
IDN, and if you do want to buy/sell quality IDN
then doing it here is prob. your best bet.

Regards
I am not
a fan of
preying
on other
people's
lack of
idn knowledge
on Ebay.
The market
exists for
selling crap,
it just
depends on
how you
want to
potray
yourself as
an idner.
Old 29th June 2006, 06:53 PM

Apparently this "crap" is a letter of the Russian Alphabet according to a russian Namepros member.

Hmmm. I do appreciate the welcomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
I am not
a fan of
preying
on other
people's
lack of
idn knowledge
on Ebay.
The market
exists for
selling crap,
it just
depends on
how you
want to
potray
yourself as
an idner.
I do not potray myself as an idner. I potray myself as the short term profit domainer. Apparently these one character names do earn a decent ROI. I scanned all the one character unicode names.... lots of weird indiana one characters ...

Last edited by damitssam; 29th June 2006 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th June 2006, 06:56 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Apparently this "crap" is a letter of the Russian Alphabet according to a russian Namepros member.

Hmmm. I do appreciate the welcomes.
The "crap" statement was not directed at your name, but towards idns sold on Ebay in general. Sorry for the confusion. Also, don't believe everything you hear or read
Old 29th June 2006, 07:10 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

It is not Russian, it is Azeri.
It is a cyrillic character used when writing Azeri.
Your russian friend is not correct to say it is Russian, although it is cyrillic

Cyrillic characters are used for several languages and it is a mistaken belef that it is only Russian

See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azeri_alphabet

Also see:
Quote:
The Cyrillic alphabet (or azbuka, from the old name of the first two letters) is an alphabet used to write six Slavic languages (Belarusian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian, and Ukrainian) and many other languages of the former Soviet Union, Asia and Eastern Europe. It has also been used for other languages in the past. Not all letters in the Cyrillic alphabet are used in every language which is written with it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

Last edited by mulligan; 29th June 2006 at 07:13 PM..
Old 29th June 2006, 08:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I scanned all the one character unicode names.... lots of weird indiana one characters ...
I don't like your attitude. They aren't weird, they are characters used by people somewhere as their own.

Calling other people's languages or characters weird isn't going to sit well with people here.

There are people on this forum who are from all over the world. While we may joke around a bit sometimes, it is essential to have respect for other people's ways.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 29th June 2006 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th June 2006, 08:57 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
... lots of weird indiana one characters ...
Old 9th July 2006, 06:02 AM

Looks like i earned a nice 300% ROI.

Old 9th July 2006, 06:06 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like i earned a nice 300% ROI.
Lets see the paypal link.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 9th July 2006 at 06:19 AM..
Old 9th July 2006, 06:52 AM

sure:

Old 9th July 2006, 07:00 AM
Veteran

Hey congrats buddy. With just a little leg work and dictionary cutting and pasting skills you could be making a lot more than that, right here on this forum.