View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2006, 09:10 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Re: 16 Bidder Slugfest at Snapnames

As I understand it, if your registrar or their associate (generally Snapnames or Pool) want your name. After the 30 day grace period it is not returned to the registry but retained by the registrar. They pay the registry to renew the name for another year ($5.50). It is then market Redemption at he registar but not at the registry as it is not really in redemption. However, if you try to renew at this stage you will get stung with the usually highly inflated fee. It then slips through the channels into the Drop Auctions without ever actually dropping. Some players are in a position to push names through the system this way, but I think you have to be big-time. There is an advantage in doing this as Snapnames generally get better prices faster than Sedo or any of the other Domain Retailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
You better point out which rabbit hole to look in. As I understand it, the REGISTRARS (only) compete for the drops in a special "pool" before the drops slide to the next level.

So question...if a name expires at Enom...do they get to "keep" their customers drops if they so choose, or do they have to compete on those in the pool with other registrars. And if not, how would someone dropping to know which registrar is going to end up with the drop and set up the deal with them and Snap.

I don't disbelieve you, just seems uh....like a bit of collusion here.