IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > General Domains > General Domain Names Discussion

General Domain Names Discussion For non Multilingual International Domain Name discussions. This is the place to post about normal .com .net .org .info .biz .us .tv etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2006, 03:19 PM

Prodigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Taking destiny into our own hands

Maybe it's because i'm young and brash, but I can't help feeling that we can do more to push the IDN market towards the direction that we need to get a return on our investments.

Personally, I have only bought .com's for Japanese and Chinese names, and I know alot of you have probably weighted alot in these 2 markets.

We could leave it up to ICANN or Microsoft (Bill Gate's -something- small and soft in "Chinese") to steer the market our way, or maybe, just maybe we can stand up and start taking a proactive stance in proliferating the use of IDN.com/ IDN.net in all markets.

We have the talent and the resources in this forum. I know in the end game, we're all out for personal profit (don't claim that IDNs will put an end to world poverty!) What if we collectively developed sites using IDNs that became cornerstones for the new wave of web search and browsing?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that as a group we might be able to achieve something great for the industry and ourselves.
Old 1st July 2006, 03:55 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: Taking destiny into our own hands

I fully agree, if I am finished overhauling idntools.net by the end of the summer I will shift my development attention to 1 solid idn.

I have said it on several occassions, we have the land now we have to build something on it.
Old 1st July 2006, 04:09 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I recently put a cap on my portfolio. I'm done regging.
Now it's time for development.
I have 3 IDN sites but hopefully I can make about 10 this year.
Old 1st July 2006, 04:20 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Some good sites have already been developed by members here, eg, www.裸.tv.

I am also hoping to get my top 5 traffic domains developed, including
クレジットカード.com, 说吧.com, 侨.com, 赚.net, 裸.com etc. Not sure if I could get some help here since I don't have a good budget for development.
Old 1st July 2006, 04:57 PM
A.W.O.L

Development depends on where you are.
You can get Japanese College kids to work for cheap depending on where you live.
If it's close to a college area, you're all good. Japanese students usually have problems finding jobs, even part time, so extra money is probably appreciated.

btw you spent all your money on the domains.... but development initially can go from $200 to $500...

Even try Craigslist.org
Old 1st July 2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

That's a very useable tip Olney, where do these jobseekers congregate ?
Old 1st July 2006, 05:03 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
That's a very useable tip Olney, where do these jobseekers congregate ?

Skype the best keep secret , i have met up with a few people i have some projects in the works with from there.
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I take it as a compliment that you copied from my site, but please do change the Title of your site, it still reads "女.tv".

Thanks.
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I take it as a compliment that you copied from my site, but please do change the Title of your site, it still reads "女.tv".

Thanks.
Old 1st July 2006, 05:09 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

For whoever is not familier with www.Elance.com , check it out...be CARFUL with the service providers you choose , be Clear and very specific of what you want done and what they excpect from you.
Old 1st July 2006, 05:12 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

裸.tv is not my site.

thegenius1, could you please post your secret Skype link here so that I too can get some helps from there. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2006, 05:15 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

thegenius1, could you please post your secret Skype link here so that I too can get some helps from there. Thanks.
Just download Skype and Start networking , its a Instant Messenger , It has features to allow you to search for people in other countries that speak english
Old 1st July 2006, 05:18 PM

Thanks thegenius1! Excellent info!
Old 1st July 2006, 05:20 PM

sakillll is an unknown quantity at this point

How to develope if you won't spoken any chinese or japanese.....
register a name is easy but building website is hard for not native people.
Old 1st July 2006, 05:37 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
裸.tv is not my site.

Markits, I think what Blast is nicely trying to communicate is that 裸.tv is HIS site.
Old 1st July 2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Markits, I think what Blast is nicely trying to communicate is that 裸.tv is HIS site.
Actually its my site , and me and blast are using the same affiliate layout but i forgot to edit the title of the page when i got the code from blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakillll
How to develope if you won't spoken any chinese or japanese.....
register a name is easy but building website is hard for not native people.
You hire people that speak your language and the language of which you would like to develop and then Walah !
And like Olney and myself said you recruite some young Native college kids that will work for a pretty low wage, YOu can use Skype and Craiglist to network with these people

Last edited by thegenius1; 1st July 2006 at 05:48 PM..
Old 1st July 2006, 05:58 PM
A.W.O.L

I don't know about using skype but if there's a large bunch of Japanese students, there's usually a Japanese Grocery store in the area.

Put a flyer on their bulletin board.

This works for Boston, New York, Atlanta, Baltimore, San Fransisco, & LA

Other places you have to do research.
Old 1st July 2006, 06:10 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Taking destiny into our own hands

Have to admit I though you and I met the same girl when I first read the title. Good times, Good times. WOW. But I digress.

Yes, now is the time to get some projects going. Get some sites made, get high serp results. I'm going to be getting an article in the local newspaper for some cheap graphics/webdesigner for some serious japanese sites that I am envisioning.
Old 1st July 2006, 06:15 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Don't forget to try your local universities, especially around now when droves of international foreign students are around for summer school.

It always seemed like summer school was mostly comprised of international students, at least around the San Francisco Bay Area.

Another thing... advertise for bilingual editors at freelance writing websites. They're often as international as this forum.

Last edited by gammascalper; 1st July 2006 at 06:23 PM..
Old 1st July 2006, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Destiny?

I'd heard you were a man's man, Sarcle, and would have gone for Captain Scarlet or Captain Ochre.

Destiny, I guess is the pick of the bunch, or maybe Rhapsody Angel.