IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Site Suggestions & Feedback We would like to hear what you think might make the site better or any feedback.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2006, 06:50 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Mouse Droppings

I don't know whether anyone else has been experiencing it lately but I seem to be be dropping my Mouse quite frequently lately. It always seems to occur when I have been writing or editing on IDNForums.com and seems to have started since I have downloaded IE 7.0. Not really clear what is going on. Perhaps there is something of a problem between FF and IE or perhaps it is this site that is at least partially to blame. Has anyone else noticed similar problems and if so, do you have any light to throw on the problem?
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:12 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mouse Droppings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I don't know whether anyone else has been experiencing it lately but I seem to be be dropping my Mouse quite frequently lately. It always seems to occur when I have been writing or editing on IDNForums.com and seems to have started since I have downloaded IE 7.0. Not really clear what is going on. Perhaps there is something of a problem between FF and IE or perhaps it is this site that is at least partially to blame. Has anyone else noticed similar problems and if so, do you have any light to throw on the problem?
No, it's your Windows problem, caused by some sort of virus.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:19 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
No, it's your Windows problem, caused by some sort of virus.
Thanks,

Yes, those were my thoughts but Norton Scans the whole system every 24 hrs but it doesn't seem to pick anything up. I have also run Adware, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I am wonder whether my "virus" could be IE 7.0 Beta 3. I guess if there are issues with it, they will soon get ironed out.

Problem only seem to relate to inputting data at IDNForums. Of course perhaps it would occur elsewhere as well, but I have really noticed that. Need to keep an eye on this.
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:41 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

You can also try the anti-malware program from www.ewido.net. It cleaned up my system when I had some nasty problems going on that even my anti-virus programs couldn't take care of.
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:43 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

If there's a trojan, quickly change all DS, PP and Enom passwords.
Old 4th July 2006, 12:24 AM
Veteran

<<<Originally Posted by Alphamale
are you saying that the mouse stops responding?

how is it connected, USB or PS2 (green plug thing)?

if you using USB, and you are using a PS2/USB connector, remove the connector and plug it straight in the Green PS2 socket.

If you are using PS2, then get a connector and plug it in USB.

in other words swap it over>>>

I might give that a go. But I ran the Adware programme above and it got rid of whole bundle of about 750 objects which all appear to be related. I am hoping that things start to behave properly now. If anyone else is having problems with Adware, I would strongly recommend that.

Also thanks Touch, due to your prodding I was up late into the night changing all 30 passwords at DS.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 4th July 2006 at 10:01 AM..
Old 6th July 2006, 04:01 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Funny you would say it. My mouse died today too. It was almost 10 years old.

So, as I have a Mac, I'm now running the number keypad as a mouse.

Tommorow it's to the Apple store for a new shiny white one.