IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > IDN Newbies

IDN Newbies IDN domain newbie questions like What is an IDN domain, what are idners, how do you use punycode, is there a Japanese sedo etc. Since this is a new market please don't hesitate to ask questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2006, 06:07 PM

eranbes is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Registrants -IDN

Hi all,
I have been reading alot since I joined the forum and wanted to thank
you all for all the information.

My question is :
Is there a cheep IDN registrant you are using ?
I saw pepole buying more then 1000 domains,
Are they paying 8$ for each of them?
Is there another way?

thanks.

eranbes:
Old 5th July 2006, 06:09 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road
Re: Registrants -IDN

I believe most use either Domainsite.com or Dynadot.com (Domainsite seems to be the more popular choice).

Dynadot is $7.99 per domain, and I believe Domainsite has a $6.99 payment option as well...
Old 5th July 2006, 06:12 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I pay $6.95 to reg them into my eNom reseller account.
Old 5th July 2006, 06:27 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Unless you can get your hands on a $6.95 ENOM reseller account then Domainsite is the cheapest at $6.99
Dynadot are $7.99 but they have the advantage of allowing you to delete the domain and get an account refund back if you find the name is an incorrect translation within a few days of registration.

Domainsite have the best interface and it is easy to do bulk changes.

Yes, those you see with 1000+ names have paid at least $6.95 for each name.
Old 5th July 2006, 07:02 PM

eranbes is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Registrants -IDN

thank you all for replying.

have a good one.

eranbes.
Old 5th July 2006, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

dynadot pisses all over domainsite in the "update nameservers" department.

domainsite's is modelled on dotsters "treat you like a [mod] child and hold your hand all the way" nameserver update. screen refresh after screen refresh of annoyance.

Last edited by mulligan; 5th July 2006 at 09:10 PM..
Old 5th July 2006, 08:31 PM

wdsbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wdsbg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
Unless you can get your hands on a $6.95 ENOM reseller account then Domainsite is the cheapest at $6.99
Dynadot are $7.99 but they have the advantage of allowing you to delete the domain and get an account refund back if you find the name is an incorrect translation within a few days of registration.

Domainsite have the best interface and it is easy to do bulk changes.

Yes, those you see with 1000+ names have paid at least $6.95 for each name.
Hey,
Do you know how many times you can delete domains and your acc to be credited?
Old 5th July 2006, 09:04 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
domainsite's is modelled on dotsters "treat you like a [mod] child and hold your hand all the way" nameserver update. screen refresh after screen refresh of annoyance.
The bulk nameserver update is much better than the single nameserver update function at Domainsite. Plus it allows you to enter bulk domains into a text box to edit.

Haven't used Dynadot so can't really compare.

Last edited by mulligan; 5th July 2006 at 09:11 PM..
Old 5th July 2006, 09:13 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsbg
Hey,
Do you know how many times you can delete domains and your acc to be credited?
I dont use Dynadot enough to know and havnt deleted any domains from there, I do know that you can but I think you have to email them very soon after registration
Old 6th July 2006, 01:45 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
The bulk nameserver update is much better than the single nameserver update function at Domainsite. Plus it allows you to enter bulk domains into a text box to edit.

Haven't used Dynadot so can't really compare.
That's right.

The bulk nameserver update tool is the best I have seen anywhere.

And it is actualy better than doing it in single domain mode. Even if I have to edit 1 domain, I still do it in bulk.
Old 6th July 2006, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Ah. $10 says I forget that fact next time I do a nameserver edit at domainsite
Old 6th July 2006, 02:57 AM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

I know that dotster charges $6.95 if you give them volume business and you can delete domain names within 5 days of registration and get refunds if need be. I currently reg all my domains at domainsite but will be trying dotster shortly. The other good thing at dotster is you can get free private whois option added for bulk business. Anyone here has any experience with dotster?

Enom at $6.95 sounds like a pretty good deal as well, Domain Guru, if I may ask did you have to pay any fee to get such reseller account? Do they include free whois privacy option for each domain as well?

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 6th July 2006 at 03:07 AM..
Old 23rd October 2006, 02:32 AM

davychow is an unknown quantity at this point

i think u may ask one ENOM reseller in ur country to help u reg IDN in enom