IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Português Nomes de Domínio

Português Nomes de Domínio Discussion of Portugese IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2007, 11:22 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevan
Hello everyone, i know this topic is old, but i´m new here and i thought i could say hello.
Well, the problem with brazillian traffic is that brazillians are used to type .com.br, even if a site is .com they would go for the com.br first.
Cheers.
Hi Grevan,

Yep, we've figured it out already.

Brasil is just one example why some idns will perform better with the cctld.
Old 20th November 2007, 01:10 AM

L@@K is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevan
Hello everyone, i know this topic is old, but i´m new here and i thought i could say hello.
Well, the problem with brazillian traffic is that brazillians are used to type .com.br, even if a site is .com they would go for the com.br first.
Cheers.
Hello grevan & wellcome aboard !
Reading your post I suppose you're brazilian.
So, what do you think about br.com please?
I've got one of the best term in ascii.br.com (=> several visits for the price, but few for the parking... :p )
It was (it is) a bet, so we will see but I would be interested by your opinion.
Plus, what do you think also about idn.tv for brazilian market please ?
See U,
L@@K
Old 20th November 2007, 08:19 PM

gari is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Traffic to my Portugese/Brazillian is climbing steady and the CTR is a lot better than most. It all depends on your idn's, me i have a lot of place names.
Regards
Gari

πορνογραφία.com - παιχνίδι.com - 歌剧.com - 模版.com
Old 8th February 2008, 07:49 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Is anyone actually receiving traffic from their Portuguese idns? I do not mean 20 visitors a month. I am about ready to drop most of mine. Comments appreciated.
Old 8th February 2008, 08:40 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

I do. Send them this way before dropping, thanks.
Old 8th February 2008, 08:58 PM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
Is anyone actually receiving traffic from their Portuguese idns? I do not mean 20 visitors a month. I am about ready to drop most of mine. Comments appreciated.

I don't know what to say i have leilões.net = auctions.net and i sold it for € 1.000 it is fine i don't expect lots of traffic right now for any IDN but that sell help me to keep other IDNs i just wait, if you see the traffic is nothing but i think it was a good sell for that language and at this time.

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leiloesvd4.jpg

At the same time you have here traduçao.com and is getting a little more traffic every 2 month and is a Portuguese typo i have receive offers in the middle $ Xxx.

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?i...raducaomh2.jpg

Last edited by Charrua; 8th February 2008 at 09:13 PM..
Old 8th February 2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I'm getting traffic but nothing spectacular which is understandable considering the strength of .com.br. and that ccTLD's policy of automatically assigning the IDN version of names to the owner of the ASCII typo.

Last edited by Drewbert; 8th February 2008 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13th May 2008, 12:00 AM

grevan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Charrua.
Don´t know if you wrote it right, but the right word for translation is "tradução" not "traduçao".

Cheers,
Daniel
Old 5th September 2009, 06:37 PM

tonecas is an unknown quantity at this point

following up on this thread because i feel there is a lack of a portuguese domainers community.

there are many words and terms available as reg fee when it comes to pure US-ASCII domains. of course, the best ones are already taken but there are many generics and great two words domains available for register. The problem is, there is still no market for them and the PPCs are low. This is because the portuguese speaking language market is still very fragil, with low buying power, but things are changing fast. Also, the biggest market, Brazil, is still very .com.br minded.

as a simple experiment, pick a portuguese document like from a major online newspaper like www.publico.pt or the columns of one of the most demolisher opinon maker in Portugal Miguel Sousa Tavares and make some searches on the words that appear. if you have an automated tool better yet.

regarding portuguese form Portugal and portuguese from Brazil there are many differences, specially when it comes to jargon, but in general most of the words are the same and everyone can understand each other (portugueses however are more easy in understanding brasilians because the portuguese from Brazil has more open vowels).

also, there is finaly an agreement to make some words and rules that used to differ being written the same. however this represents less than 3% (i think) of the language. one of the most important modifications is the drop of the letter "c" in words were this letter is actual not spoken that in portuguese from Portugal is very used, for instance, when connecting to "ção" like acção (=stock, action) or colecção (=colection).

finally, portuguese languages/versions are not only Portugal and Brazil. There is Angola that is getting more notice in the world, Mozambique and others. Those countries are more close to the portuguese from Portugal version than form the Brazil version.

As a final note, Brazil has the most portuguese speakers and it will be natural that it will push the portuguese languages to their version has they have one of the biggest consumer market to explore (see BRICs).

i reg this week one of my first IDNs: câncer.com. it was a lucky shot because it seems a very interesting word (means cancer as in cancer disease and as in zodiac sign. in portuguese from Portugal, cancer is translated to "cancro" and the zodiac sign is "caranguejo")

regards,
tonecas

Last edited by tonecas; 5th September 2009 at 07:17 PM..
Old 5th September 2009, 07:22 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Tonecas! Looks like you are jumping right into IDNs. Right now, my portuguese IDNs are getting a little traffic and they are earning a little money.

As more people in Portugal and Brazil shop online, the PPC value will continue to rise.

Also we do have some experts with Portuguese on the forum, and one of them is Jose. He developed an excellent tool for checking an IDNs value: idn.bz - use other tools too, like google keywords etc.

Good Luck,

Phio
Old 5th September 2009, 07:52 PM

tonecas is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you Phio

as for the Jose's idn.biz it seems really great!

i've been making scripts and tools for helping my "normal domains" activity but i'm very lazy and until know i haven't got the courage to build a tool to verify all those things that i do by hand. lot's of APIs to integrate and screen scrapping to do :p

and with IDNs things get more complicated because of the different languages and bad translations.

anyway, this community seems great!

regards,
tonecas
Old 19th February 2012, 12:35 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevan View Post
Cheers.
No, you're far from being late. Awesome names still available. Brazilians are still in the stone age as far as idns
Old 19th February 2012, 03:52 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Brazilians are still in the stone age as far as idns
Know of any country that isn't? The biggest demand in the aftermarket I see are Germanese. Other than that, not much in the aftermarket as far as sales. IDN anywhere aren't exactly flying off the shelves for end-user development.

Just wanted to add. This thread is several years old. You may want to ask them how their traffic is doing now.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

Last edited by sarcle; 19th February 2012 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: klklkjlkjlklkjlkjlk
Old 19th February 2012, 04:48 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post

BTW, welcome to the forums.
Thank you Sarcle, appreciate it.
As far as Brazilians, their domain market is virtually non-existent and due to (perhaps) excess of sunshine, en masse they are very notoriously slow and relaxed. Still many opportunities in idns which now ultrapass by far their ascii similars and in general, generate increasing traffic (for exemple, one of my Portuguese idn made $325.00 in a month and a bunch make $200+/year)
Also, several big sales last year (I'll post separately)
In a nutshell, many positive developments
Old 19th February 2012, 05:19 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Still many opportunities in idns which now ultrapass by far their ascii similars and in general, generate increasing traffic (for exemple, one of my Portuguese idn made $325.00 in a month and a bunch make $200+/year)
Also, several big sales last year (I'll post separately)
In a nutshell, many positive developments
Just to clarify, are you talking IDN.com or IDN.com.br ?
Old 19th February 2012, 05:28 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

.com

I see what kind of names your referring to. Cool of you to start posting here. Cheers.
Old 19th February 2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Just to clarify, are you talking IDN.com or IDN.com.br ?
Idns, .com
com.br is wiped out and very expensive on aftermarket, although still there are no big sales and this is a reason they more and more look for .com
Old 19th February 2012, 05:54 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Idns, .com
com.br is wiped out and very expensive on aftermarket, although still there are no big sales and this is a reason they more and more look for .com
Hello there. Welcome on board. Do you speak Portuguese?
Old 19th February 2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Hello there. Welcome on board. Do you speak Portuguese?
Hello, Jose and thanks. i do speak some (brasilian ) but understand a lot
Old 19th February 2012, 07:28 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Idns, .com
where do they sell them at?