IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Português Nomes de Domínio

Português Nomes de Domínio Discussion of Portugese IDN Domains.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2012, 07:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
where do they sell them at?
there is no one place yet really, but there are sales. i'll post biggest ones in the next couple of days. Also, there are some interesting developments such as:
biggest ticket seller online was ingressorapido .com.br until now. Hoje there is a big competitor, which advertise on .com ingressos .com (they also have com.br)
And many others
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 20th February 2012, 01:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,092
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2438
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
there is no one place yet really, but there are sales. i'll post biggest ones in the next couple of days. Also, there are some interesting developments such as:
biggest ticket seller online was ingressorapido .com.br until now. Hoje there is a big competitor, which advertise on .com ingressos .com (they also have com.br)
And many others
Doesn't seem the Spanish, Portuguese or French has embraced the "idn" versions of proper spelling or grammer to much extent.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 20th February 2012, 01:31 AM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,097
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Spanish domains with ñ in them go well because it's a separate letter to n and also appears on spanish keyboards.

Not sure if the same applies to õ
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 20th February 2012, 02:14 AM
jose's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,731
iTrader: (49)
Rep Power: 5543
jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Same goes for ç in Portuguese.
__________________
Looking for the perfect, still free .com domain name, for your next endeavor? Ask me. $5 only. Here's my most recent, 101th story of success: CarRealtime.com
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 20th February 2012, 06:58 AM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2999
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Idns, .com
com.br is wiped out and very expensive on aftermarket, although still there are no big sales
I remember Imoveis.com.br for 300k. Great to see .com grow in Brasil. Care to post your revenue names?

Last edited by bumblebee man; 20th February 2012 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 20th February 2012, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
I remember Imoveis.com.br for 300k. Great to see .com grow in Brasil. Care to post your revenue names?
Are several:
The best producing month to month is
Alianças.com Wedding Rings
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 546
Rossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished road
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Thank you Sarcle, appreciate it.
As far as Brazilians, their domain market is virtually non-existent and due to (perhaps) excess of sunshine, en masse they are very notoriously slow and relaxed. Still many opportunities in idns which now ultrapass by far their ascii similars and in general, generate increasing traffic (for exemple, one of my Portuguese idn made $325.00 in a month and a bunch make $200+/year)
Also, several big sales last year (I'll post separately)
In a nutshell, many positive developments
Are we brazilians notoriously slow and relaxed?? OMG, No way!
We work very, very hard!

Do you know we are the 6th largest economy in the world? We overtaked UK last year. This is the result of hard work, my friend.

Do we know how to be happy and enjoy life? SURE! Our country is amazing! So, yes, we go to the beaches. On the weekends.

Yes, there are a lot of good opportunities in portuguese_idn.com because most of us use .com.br domains. I still believe in portuguese_idn.com domains - I think they will be very valuable on the next 5 years.

About alianças.com (WeddingRings.com in portuguese): GREAT domain you have. Congratulations! I told you that last year.

Note: we know each other, BlackPower. I did not expect that "notoriously slow and relaxed" from you, man.

Last edited by Rossin; 7th March 2012 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 08:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossin View Post
Are we brazilians notoriously slow and relaxed?? OMG, No way!
We work very, very hard!

Do you know we are the 6th largest economy in the world? We overtaked UK last year. This is the result of hard work, my friend.

Do we know how to be happy and enjoy life? SURE! Our country is amazing! So, yes, we go to the beaches. On the weekends.

Yes, there are a lot of good opportunities in portuguese_idn.com because most of us use .com.br domains. I still believe in portuguese_idn.com domains - I think they will be very valuable on the next 5 years.

About alianças.com (WeddingRings.com in portuguese): GREAT domain you have. Congratulations! Do you have more top generics?
Rossin, I did not mean it in a bad way, just in case.
I think Brasil has a great future; due to proximity to US it will see a lot of american business. It has a very stable political system and great geo location.
I kind of follow what is going on there (especially Financial markets, Real Estate) and I am amazed at how fast progress it makes...
How do you like these generics, I'd like you to tell if they are good since portuguese in Brasil is a bit different from what I learned;
Agência .com (Agency)
Imóveis .net (Real Estate or Properties)
Imóvel .com (Real Estate or Property)
SãoPaulo .net (São Paulo)
Saldão .com (Sale)
Mobília .com (Furniture)
Armações .com ( Frames)
Galpão .com (Warehouse)
Alianças .com (Wedding Rings)
Veículo .com (Car)
SeguroAuto .com (Auto Insurance)
Segurança .com (Security)
Condomínios .com (Condos)
Preços .com (Prices)
Aluguéis .com (Rentals)
Bem-Estar .com (Wellbeing, welfare)
Cartão .com (Card)
-Concessionária .com (Car Dealer)
-Concessionárias .com (Car Dealers)
-Consórcio .com (Partnership)
-Consórcios .com (Partnerships)
BTW, .com/net will become very popular and very soon since com.br 1)most good domains are being held and 2) many great domains cannot be registered in com.br

Last edited by blackpower; 7th March 2012 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 08:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 546
Rossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished roadRossin is on a distinguished road
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

BlackPower, it´s ok! I understood.

You have great generics, as I told you. There´re gems!

All the domains on the list are in great brazilian portuguese, don´t worry about that! You did an excellent job.

Regards!
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 08:55 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1853
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
BTW, .com/net will become very popular and very soon since com.br 1)most good domains are being held and 2) many great domains cannot be registered in com.br
I'd venture to say they already are. I looked at some of my earlier domains even .orgs have a GAKT score with the extension.

I even found a domain with 480 GAKT with extension since you've renewed this thread, and it gets traffic. Thanks!
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 09:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
I'd venture to say they already are. I looked at some of my earlier domains even .orgs have a GAKT score with the extension.

I even found a domain with 480 GAKT with extension since you've renewed this thread, and it gets traffic. Thanks!
It helps other than .com.br extentions in Brazil that
1) com.br although being most popular, still cannot accomodate all and due to strange registration rules in Brazil, many keyword com.br registrants after 2001 have to compete with others for the same domain and as result , good keywords cannot be registered. Besides, many keywords are arbitrarily held (reserved) by National registry.
2).net in Portuguese (I thinkk) has hint of something "online" and therefore many very popular sites use .net
A big company would still want .com/.com.br for address, otherwise .net is fine (although second to .com/com.br) and in some cases it can be even purposly distinguishable for marketing purposes
3) .com is still a shorter of .com.br. Many new advertising venturs/companies prefer to have both and advertise .com
I wonder when domain market appears in Brazil, I think the country is ripe for that

Last edited by blackpower; 7th March 2012 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 10:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossin View Post

Note: we know each other, BlackPower. I did not expect that "notoriously slow and relaxed" from you, man.
Rossin,
I already said i did not mean any ill. Nobody believes in Brazil/brasilians more than myself, my portfolio is 95% brazilian Portuguese.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 7th March 2012, 10:13 PM
jose's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,731
iTrader: (49)
Rep Power: 5543
jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Saravá meus caros amigos.
__________________
Looking for the perfect, still free .com domain name, for your next endeavor? Ask me. $5 only. Here's my most recent, 101th story of success: CarRealtime.com
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 03:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1561
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Are several:
The best producing month to month is
Alianças.com Wedding Rings
How much traffic/revenue are you getting a month? nice name
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 03:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
How much traffic/revenue are you getting a month? nice name
I frankly gave up on Sedo and don't even bother anymore with how much they pay ppc. traffic to this one is most constant, 20-25 uniques /day lately, ctr is higher than 50%. Nothing spectacular... Needs to be developed but punicod in url does not help... As soon as this is resolved, the development for many names can start. But lately I got few ascii versions on my better idns, so logically thinking that it's may be time

Last edited by blackpower; 8th March 2012 at 04:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 05:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North America
Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 433
Keldon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossin View Post
Are we brazilians notoriously slow and relaxed?? OMG, No way!
We work very, very hard!...........
I've never seen any lazy Brazilians. I've been to Brazil quite a few times, have lots of Brazilian friends, my wife is Brazilian, and I never noticed that.

I think there is always a notion that all of Latin America is "lazy", meaning more slow-moving than actually lazy.

In my experience, Brazilians are the smartest, most industrious of all Latin Americans

.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 05:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North America
Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 433
Keldon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
.......
Agência .com (Agency)
Imóveis .net (Real Estate or Properties)
Imóvel .com (Real Estate or Property)
SãoPaulo .net (São Paulo)
Saldão .com (Sale)
Mobília .com (Furniture)
Armações .com ( Frames)
Galpão .com (Warehouse)
Alianças .com (Wedding Rings)
Veículo .com (Car)
SeguroAuto .com (Auto Insurance)
Segurança .com (Security)
Condomínios .com (Condos)
Preços .com (Prices)
Aluguéis .com (Rentals)
Bem-Estar .com (Wellbeing, welfare)
Cartão .com (Card)
-Concessionária .com (Car Dealer)
-Concessionárias .com (Car Dealers)
-Consórcio .com (Partnership)
-Consórcios .com (Partnerships)
...........
Simply amazing, BlackPower !

Good for you.

.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 06:02 PM
jose's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,731
iTrader: (49)
Rep Power: 5543
jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Sold preços.net for 4 digits € one month ago.
__________________
Looking for the perfect, still free .com domain name, for your next endeavor? Ask me. $5 only. Here's my most recent, 101th story of success: CarRealtime.com
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 06:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North America
Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 433
Keldon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
I wonder when domain market appears in Brazil, I think the country is ripe for that
Blackpower, I have a good number of ASCII Brazilian language domains and I am starting to get a good number of inquiries, and have made a few sales as well, my best being almost 9K, having to do with "garotas" .

I personally am seeing the market start to form for domains as many of these potential buyers are speculators themselves. The rest seem to be developers.

Also, I know lots of Brazilians and they are all mumbling at every party how they need to get their site going or get their biz Online, get a domain, etc.... and many are coming to me for advice, so I see the uptick in interest definitely.

I'll also add one thing to what you said, I know many Brazilians that are flush with cash. The Brazil economy has been good and they want to invest and Online will be one of the investment venues they will chose in the coming years.

I think there will be healthy market in two years or so, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2012, 06:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York / Ukraine
Posts: 714
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1680
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Traffic to portugese .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
Blackpower, I have a good number of ASCII Brazilian language domains and I am starting to get a good number of inquiries, and have made a few sales as well, my best being almost 9K, having to do with "garotas" .

I personally am seeing the market start to form for domains as many of these potential buyers are speculators themselves. The rest seem to be developers.

Also, I know lots of Brazilians and they are all mumbling at every party how they need to get their site going or get their biz Online, get a domain, etc.... and many are coming to me for advice, so I see the uptick in interest definitely.

I'll also add one thing to what you said, I know many Brazilians that are flush with cash. The Brazil economy has been good and they want to invest and Online will be one of the investment venues they will chose in the coming years.

I think there will be healthy market in two years or so, IMO.
Keldon, thank you.
I am sure there is already a need for domain market in Brazil.
Economy in Brazil has enormous potential, free from uncertainces in other parts of the world.
p.s. garotas.tv is the only tv of mine that gets traffic
__________________
dedetização.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58