IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2006, 04:37 AM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road
eまち.com??

I hate to do this, and I usually reg smarter, but here's the situation:

I was just looking around at some stuff that dropped today, and I saw that this domain: eまち.com was dropping and happened to be available when I checked. I noticed it was 3 years old, had some google links and possibly page rank(I thought IDNs didn't get page rank)? So I grabbed it.

However, I have absolutely no idea as to what it means... Can somebody help? I want to make sure it isn't a TM, 'cuz if it is, I'm going to email Dynadot and see if they can refund me.

Thanks!
Old 13th July 2006, 04:53 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: eまち.com??

People start registering eDomains when Domains become scarce. This is a good sign showing that the IDN market has entered a new phase.

I'm not sure about this domain. Wait for the native speakers to comment, but there is no need to call Dynadot. Just email them. It works for me.
Old 13th July 2006, 04:55 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
People start registering eDomains when Domains become scarce. This is a good sign showing that the IDN market has entered a new phase.

I'm not sure about this domain. Wait for the native speakers to comment, but there is no need to call Dynadot. Just email them. It works for me.
Whatever it is... it gets searched according to ovt hehe
Old 13th July 2006, 05:31 AM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point

It's like "e-town".

Looking at Google, it's the name of a local area information portal site. They have area portals like kyoto.e-machi.ne.jp. That network seems to be run by a division of NTT (Japanese phone company).

There's another site called "emachi town" (www.emachi.co.jp), which seems to be a similar local portal network, but un-affiliated with the NTT sites.

The Overture results are people searching for one of those two portal networks.

I'm guessing eまち alone isn't a TM, because if it was, then one of those two networks would be suing the other.

I would probably drop it though...

Last edited by alex; 13th July 2006 at 05:36 AM..
Old 13th July 2006, 05:44 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex
I'm guessing eまち alone isn't a TM, because if it was, then one of those two networks would be suing the other.
Either that or they have an agreement that we don't know about.
Old 13th July 2006, 05:50 AM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I appreciate the help and feedback with this!
Old 4th August 2006, 04:39 PM

Rockafeller is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rockafeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
I hate to do this, and I usually reg smarter, but here's the situation:

I was just looking around at some stuff that dropped today, and I saw that this domain: eまち.com was dropping and happened to be available when I checked. I noticed it was 3 years old, had some google links and possibly page rank(I thought IDNs didn't get page rank)? So I grabbed it.

However, I have absolutely no idea as to what it means... Can somebody help? I want to make sure it isn't a TM, 'cuz if it is, I'm going to email Dynadot and see if they can refund me.

Thanks!
When I was combing through the Japanese overture last week I noticed several of them..most of them had very high ovt w/ext though I held off on them because I wasnt sure. Is this one receiving any traffic? Have you checked its overture?
Old 4th August 2006, 08:02 PM

It only gets about 1,300 OVT, and no OVT w/ext results. In the 2 days that I owned it, it got zero traffic. I got a refund from Dynadot for it, so it is actually free to reg currently, but it doesn't seem worth it...