IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   IDN Expired or Deleted Domains (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/idn-expired-or-deleted-domains/)
-   -   What time do IDN's drop ? (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5076-what-time-do-idns-drop.html)

DomenForum.net 14th July 2006 02:22 AM

What time do IDN's drop ?

Let's say domain drops on July 20, what is the EXAXT time on July 20 would it be available for registration ?

Olney 14th July 2006 02:32 AM

Re: What time do IDN's drop ?

I don't think anyone would reveal that....

DomenForum.net 14th July 2006 02:54 AM

Well, one way or another I will find out an approximate timing, and few days later an exact timing. Once I find that out I will reveal that for sure.

There would be no market if nobody would reveal anything!

blastfromthepast 14th July 2006 02:56 AM

I don't think it is appropriate to ask questions like this in a public forum.

DomenForum.net 14th July 2006 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
I don't think it is appropriate to ask questions like this in a public forum.

I do not think it is appropriate to keep this information top secret. In fact, that's what forums are for!

alpha 14th July 2006 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomenForum.net
I do not think it is appropriate to keep this information top secret. In fact, that's what forums are for!

The drop game is a highly competitive business for IDN's, mainly because the corporate catchers are not playing yet, meaning average Joe has a chance still - hence why I seriously doubt you will get a reply to this question.

If you do uncover the mystery and still fell compelled to post, please at least post it in the members area.

blastfromthepast 14th July 2006 04:00 AM

Quote:

Drops are competetive. The more people that are in the game, the less chance of anyone getting anything.

Also, if you post anything important, post in the members section so that it does not become part of the record and searched by the world.

Drewbert 14th July 2006 04:41 AM

Your actions, if and when you figure out the drop, will tell us a lot about what sort of person you are and how much respect you have for other members of this board.

Just remember, the Internet never forgets and your reputation will follow you for the rest of your Internet life.

DomenForum.net 14th July 2006 04:45 AM

So, your advise is to keep it in secret and not share very useful info with other members, or vice versa?

Drewbert 14th July 2006 04:52 AM

People work very hard to obtain just an ounce of advantage in the very competitive domain drops.

If you figure it out all by yourself, you should pat yourself on the back and use the advantage you've just gained.

Giving out the information to a bunch of other people serves only 2 purposes - stroking of your own ego, giving yourself more competition, and pissing off all the people that already figured it out but guard it.

OK. 3 purposes.

idn 14th July 2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Well, one way or another I will find out an approximate timing, and few days later an exact timing. Once I find that out I will reveal that for sure.

Very noble of you.

IDNCowboy 14th July 2006 04:05 PM

Doesn't really matter if you reveal it to the public once you find out. Oregon Names picks up most of the idn drops nowadays. Chances of getting a drop is slim.

Rubber Duck 14th July 2006 04:08 PM

When I was in that game, there was no exact timing.

I have packed it in as it was too cut throat for my taste.

Olney 14th July 2006 04:57 PM

Wasn't those the good old days.
I picked up Anime.com as a drop, my internet connection went down & I got it like 8 to 12 hours at least after it dropped.
It was like me & Dave back then doing things by email.
More chance of seeing George Bush in a Lil' Jon music video than getting a drop like that left for hours now....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
When I was in that game, there was no exact timing.

I have packed it in as it was too cut throat for my taste.

Explorer 14th July 2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olney

We all miss them :-)

thegenius1 14th July 2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explorer
We all miss them :-)

LOL wasnt to long ago , I'm sure we will be saying this real soon about just looking at a decent name and not regging it ....

Rubber Duck 14th July 2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olney
I picked up Anime.com as a drop, my internet connection went down & I got it like 8 to 12 hours at least after it dropped.
It was like me & Dave back then doing things by email.
More chance of seeing George Bush in a Lil' Jon music video than getting a drop like that left for hours now....

Yes, heady times. I should have written it all down before I forgot most of it.

Those were the Salad Days!

Olney 14th July 2006 05:22 PM

I guess the main point DomenForum is
you go & search for quality "real premium" drops
After you get about 5
Not just OK drops but like 5 undoubtable premium drops...

See how you feel about letting the world know what you went through to get those....

Rubber Duck 14th July 2006 05:32 PM

Yes, I think all Newbies should try to drop a domain, then they would have some idea of what the game is all about.

Bimbo 20th December 2006 04:50 AM

kiss