IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2006, 07:32 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Chinese IDN.com Traffic?

Well for all the Doubting Thomases out there, here is a screen shot of a single days traffic from Dopa. OK, the PPC are not wonderful, but anyone who says the Chinese won't type in or click through from IDN.com (Yes the ASCII version), is to put it politely talking out of their arse!

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6202655yw5.jpg
Old 15th July 2006, 07:44 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Chinese IDN.com Traffic?

How long have you parked at Dopa?
Old 15th July 2006, 07:44 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well for all the Doubting Thomases out there, here is a screen shot of a single days traffic from Dopa. OK, the PPC are not wonderful, but anyone who says the Chinese won't type in or click through from IDN.com (Yes the ASCII version), is to put it politely talking out of their arse!

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6202655yw5.jpg
Thanks for sharing that info. Are you getting pretty much the same amount of traffic when these domains were at SC? What's your sense?
Old 15th July 2006, 07:45 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
How long have you parked at Dopa?
This is the first full 24hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
Thanks for sharing that info. Are you getting pretty much the same amount of traffic when these domains were at SC? What's your sense?
I think I am getting the same as I would be getting, but a lot more than I was getting when I packed it in several months ago. If that makes any sense.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 15th July 2006 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15th July 2006, 07:53 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Care to share what are the 1st 2 names with hundreds of views a day?
2. How many names did you park altogether at Dopa?
3. Has anyone parked at both Dopa and SC, what's the difference in average PPC between both of them?

That's why i advocate parking names after registration, if not, you would have sold off a gem for less than what you want!

Last edited by touchring; 15th July 2006 at 07:57 PM..
Old 15th July 2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
1. Care to share what are the 1st 2 names with hundreds of views a day?
2. How many names did you park altogether at Dopa?

2. 382 names. :-)
Old 15th July 2006, 08:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
2. 382 names. :-)
No there are more than that, not all name yet have traffic, and I guess many won't for some time.

The covered names are covered because I don't wish to share. Suffice it to say that they are not Generics.
Old 15th July 2006, 08:13 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No there are more than that, not all name yet have traffic, and I guess many won't for some time.

The covered names are covered because I don't wish to share. Suffice it to say that they are not Generics.

Ok. didn't realise the window was placed intentionally.

Chinese domains get a lot of traffic - i think most of us here agree, especially vis a vis Japanese, the difference is tremendous. This is a mystery that has to be unravelled somehow.

Last edited by touchring; 15th July 2006 at 08:17 PM..
Old 15th July 2006, 10:14 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Ok. didn't realise the window was placed intentionally.

Chinese domains get a lot of traffic - i think most of us here agree, especially vis a vis Japanese, the difference is tremendous. This is a mystery that has to be unravelled somehow.
Well, I think the level of type-ins is primarily down to a higher level of browser support in China.

What is most puzzling is the low CTR for Japan, although one needs to be sure that something of interest is being presented. Ad Pool is very shallow, and keywords that work at the beginning of the month may run dry later.
Old 15th July 2006, 11:18 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

I just noticed this strange occurence from Dopa. The revenue jump is from a corresponding traffic and search increase, not increased CTR or PPC.

Only a few domains were added from July 1 to July 15 and they don't figure in the increase. Anyone else seeing something similar? I'll have to see if it continues tomorrow.
Old 15th July 2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
I just noticed this strange occurence from Dopa.

Only a few domains were added from July 1 to July 15 and they don't figure in the increase. Anyone else seeing something similar? I'll have to see if it continues tomorrow.
I had a huge pop like that on 15th on SC, but figured they credited my account for some missed clickes a week ago.
Old 15th July 2006, 11:26 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
I had a huge pop like that on 15th on SC, but figured they credited my account for some missed clickes a week ago.
Were the traffic levels normal on the 15th?
Old 15th July 2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
Were the traffic levels normal on the 15th?
3-4 times higher than the average, but 16th shows back to normal so far, but 16th isn't over yet in china?
Old 15th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
3-4 times higher than the average, but 16th shows back to normal so far, but 16th isn't over yet in china?
16th won't be over for another 16 hrs in China and has yet to start in the US?

Not only that the bit they have had so far has mainly involved everyone being in bed. Most people will be getting up and having Breakfast soon.
Old 15th July 2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
16th won't be over for another 16 hrs in China and has yet to start in the US?

Not only that the bit they have had so far has mainly involved everyone being in bed. Most people will be getting up and having Breakfast soon.
I just realized that. So, how can we explain a huge pop on the 15th (3-4 times the average) and the same huge (proportional) pop for a few hours of the 16th? Also, can some other SC or dopa parkers confirm the pops?
Old 15th July 2006, 11:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I just realized that. So, how can we explain a huge pop on the 15th (3-4 times the average) and the same huge (proportional) pop for a few hours of the 16th? Also, can some other SC or dopa parkers confirm the pops?
Well in my case it cannot be adding back missed traffic as I have only just turned up.

The assumption must therefore be that the traffic is indeed real.

It may be that some improvement in the system somewhere is enabling me to get more traffic than I would have had previously, but it is not creating traffic from thin air.
Old 15th July 2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Well in my case it cannot be adding back missed traffic as I have only just turned up.

The assumption must therefore be that the traffic is indeed real.

It may be that some improvement in the system somewhere is enabling me to get more traffic than I would have had previously, but it is not creating traffic from thin air.
Agree. Would be great if we could get some confirmation from other members as well. 3-4 times improvement is a very big deal.
Old 16th July 2006, 12:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Agree. Would be great if we could get some confirmation from other members as well. 3-4 times improvement is a very big deal.
Actually, funny you should say that. Having just looked at my Arabic, they have shot up by a factor of 3-4 today as well. Of course they are at Namedrive and have nothing to do with all the DNS rigging that is going on in China. IE 7.0 isn't out is it? Or perhaps some advanced publicity that is changing people's navigation behaviour?
Old 16th July 2006, 12:27 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If you still remember Mar 1st 2006, China made some changes to their domain system. My Chinese traffic dropped 50% in March, but the traffic came back slowly, and it's now around 85% of my traffic in February this year.

My traffic revenue at SC is not bad, I am happy with them, and hope they know how to make me more happier

I haven't got my stats updated for the last few days yet, I will let you know what happened with mine when they are ready.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 16th July 2006 at 12:30 AM..
Old 16th July 2006, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
If you still remember Mar 1st 2006, China made some changes to their domain system. My Chinese traffic dropped 50% in March, but the traffic came back slowly, and it's now around 85% of my traffic in February this year.

My traffic revenue at SC is not bad, I am happy with them, and hope they know how to make me more happier
So, you didn't see a huge pop yesterday and today?