View Single Post
Old 8th February 2006, 06:09 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Indic Forum

I have been looking through my traffic figures for recent acquisitions. It was noted that although there is little Google and almost no overture, there is significant traffic on Indic scripts and we are not even just talking Hindi and Urdu, surprisingly strong on the traffic figures was Punjabi and Bengla, but also featured were Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Gujarati.

This was a straw poll of the top traffic names. Arabic seemed to way out in front, but the Indic scripts were comparable in ranking terms to Russian, which surprised me!

In view of the fact that the interest is this market is increasing, I feel it was time we had an Indic Script forum. It may be that later we need separate forums for the more important languages but for now I think one combined forum would suffice. I do, however, feel that this area cannot be neglected much longer.