IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2006, 03:49 AM

ScottFish is an unknown quantity at this point
"Marketing" in Spanish - Appraisals...

Could I get an appraisal for Comercialización.net ?

(Marketing En Espanol)
Old 20th July 2006, 07:20 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: "Marketing" in Spanish - Appraisals...

Just my two cents.... Echoes of other .net discussions.

I actually have some very good .nets in several languages - including Spanish, Portuguese, and French. Even those with nearly one million native overture get too few views and clicks. In contrast, my good (not great) .coms get more than their fair share of views and clicks.

As always for me, my Russian .nets (and .coms) are the exception and the views and clicks dwarf the other language groups of my IDNs. Japanese .nets aren't too bad, either.

I am sure that my experience is not necessarily representative of the population, but it is my experience. The amount of unregistered Spanish IDN .nets with incredible stats is astounding, but I, personally, am not going to gamble any more reg fees on them again. The same is true for French, Portuguese, etc.

I didn't want to believe it, but I think I learned the hard way: Dot Com is King. Especially with Latins. Just my two cents....
Old 20th July 2006, 07:23 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
I didn't want to believe it, but I think I learned the hard way: Dot Com is King. Especially with Latins. Just my two cents....
This seems to echo my own miserable experiences.
Old 20th July 2006, 07:40 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

It is the same with ascii - should know by now.

.com or local cc.tld , don't waste money on .net - be many years before they will have even a small % of the .com . JMO
Old 20th July 2006, 07:54 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
Just my two cents.... Echoes of other .net discussions.

I actually have some very good .nets in several languages - including Spanish, Portuguese, and French. Even those with nearly one million native overture get too few views and clicks. In contrast, my good (not great) .coms get more than their fair share of views and clicks.

As always for me, my Russian .nets (and .coms) are the exception and the views and clicks dwarf the other language groups of my IDNs. Japanese .nets aren't too bad, either.

I am sure that my experience is not necessarily representative of the population, but it is my experience. The amount of unregistered Spanish IDN .nets with incredible stats is astounding, but I, personally, am not going to gamble any more reg fees on them again. The same is true for French, Portuguese, etc.

"Dot com is king with latin"

Now, that's a refinement over the dot com is king statement.
Old 20th July 2006, 07:56 AM

One thing I will add is that my ASCII Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc. .nets are respectable earners. Not wonderful, but not money pits. They make their reg fees. However, even some misspelled/ungrammatical IDN.coms do better. Overall, the .nets are not worth my time to hunt and reg at this period inn history. Too many extensions compete.

A wise man once wrote, "No one types in .net without a reason."

I really hate to write this stuff, because I know that domainers love .nets, too. I think they have their place if you are willing to develop the domain. Don't expect to get rich parking .nets.

Again, that is just my own experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

.com or local cc.tld , don't waste money on .net - be many years before they will have even a small % of the .com . JMO
I was writing my 'confession' when you posted this. As long as 'site development' and SEO is in your plan, dot nets are fine. But they are rarely as good as dot coms.

Last edited by burnsinternet; 20th July 2006 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20th July 2006, 09:17 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

Dot Com is the US ccTLD. Dot com prices are frankly self-perpetuating and irrational to some degree. Much of the stuff going for thousand will have very little type in. In many cases a good dot not would be much more brandable and a much better investment. Frankly, I imagine that the Asian market will be a bit more discerning. Yes, a good established extension will be important, but don't expect the same blind dogma that we have seen in the US. Dot net is well established in the public perception internationally, it will be used and with solid keywords, it will be valued.
Old 20th July 2006, 10:46 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Dot Com is the US ccTLD. Dot com prices are frankly self-perpetuating and irrational to some degree. Much of the stuff going for thousand will have very little type in. In many cases a good dot not would be much more brandable and a much better investment. Frankly, I imagine that the Asian market will be a bit more discerning. Yes, a good established extension will be important, but don't expect the same blind dogma that we have seen in the US. Dot net is well established in the public perception internationally, it will be used and with solid keywords, it will be valued.

One of my best sales was a .net - Dog.net , last year. And I noted your sale of the Tokyo .net idn. That said , out of over 1,000 domain names I have 5 .net, two of which are idn. I personally will not be adding .net to my portfolio unless it is an outstanding name.

I will continue to seek out any reasonable .com's remaining in a few select languages and will add local cctld when I see an opportunity. Recently picked up some very nice .tw - my opinion of course.

Having come in to the idn game relatively late- appears a couple of months qualifies? - I have mapped out my course of action. I leave the .net to those who have the belief- more power to their elbow.

Whatever one's preference I sincerely believe that we are all fortunate to be in the early rounds of what should be an exciting ride.

Don't you just love it !!!!!
Old 20th July 2006, 11:02 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Whatever one's preference I sincerely believe that we are all fortunate to be in the early rounds of what should be an exciting ride.

Don't you just love it !!!!!
Well actually, I am starting to get impatient now. I have a misspent youth to catch up on!
Old 20th July 2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Well actually, I am starting to get impatient now. I have a misspent youth to catch up on!
Ah, sometimes there is a disadvantage in being the early bird.

Hopefully you and the other worm catchers will reap the benefits of your persistence many times over. Should that be the happy outcome there will quite a few of us riding on your coat tails.

Nothing wrong with a mis-spent youth, just depends how.
Old 20th July 2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Good answer!