IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking? (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5343-traffic-increase-wishful-thinking.html)

burnsinternet 24th July 2006 11:10 AM

Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
I know I brought this up about my French domains, but now I am seeing a clear pattern of increased traffic. Anyone else?

Korean and Portuguese domains that had never been viewed are now getting local (Asia & Latin America) traffic. Arabic domains are getting more Other traffic and Russian, French, and Spanish are definitely getting more local traffic now. My Japanese, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, and others are relatively flat, but not decreasing. Traffic is clearly up about 80% in the last 30 days. Clicks are not increasing quite as much, but are clearly increasing, too.

I thought it was domainer traffic, and that may still be the case in some instances. However, domainers usually don't click, right?

Rubber Duck 24th July 2006 11:36 AM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsinternet
I know I brought this up about my French domains, but now I am seeing a clear pattern of increased traffic. Anyone else?

Korean and Portuguese domains that had never been viewed are now getting local (Asia & Latin America) traffic. Arabic domains are getting more Other traffic and Russian, French, and Spanish are definitely getting more local traffic now. My Japanese, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, and others are relatively flat, but not decreasing. Traffic is clearly up about 80% in the last 30 days. Clicks are not increasing quite as much, but are clearly increasing, too.

I thought it was domainer traffic, and that may still be the case in some instances. However, domainers usually don't click, right?

And the seasonally adjusted stats?

burnsinternet 24th July 2006 11:45 AM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
Do you have numbers for seasonal adjustment? I didn't expect an increase until August, but I don't have hard data to compare on any generally expected seasonal trend. My ASCII domains are not showing an increase nearly as sharp. My ASCII peaked in June, and July has been slower.

Rubber Duck 24th July 2006 12:01 PM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsinternet
Do you have numbers for seasonal adjustment? I didn't expect an increase until August, but I don't have hard data to compare on any generally expected seasonal trend. My ASCII domains are not showing an increase nearly as sharp. My ASCII peaked in June, and July has been slower.

I was just pointing out that there is normally a slump in ASCII traffic at this time of year.

burnsinternet 24th July 2006 12:15 PM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I was just pointing out that there is normally a slump in ASCII traffic at this time of year.

Hmmm.... Has your historical IDN data shown a similar trend/slump? My IDNs are going through the roof this month and I am not sure what is happening.

touchring 24th July 2006 01:22 PM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
Have you drilled down to individual domain level, you might have a few domains that got indexed or linked and traffic shot up 5 or 10 times, thus increasing your overall total.

Like Drewbert, i've not seen any statistically significant increase although Japanese did increase by quite a bit, but we'll need a few months data to confirm the trend. Fab also made a similar observation.

burnsinternet 25th July 2006 12:47 AM

Re: Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?
 
For the most part, it is across the board. I'll keep you posted. Maybe it is just a lucky hiccup. Thanks!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54