IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

View Poll Results: Interested or Not?
Count me in 9 52.94%
Not interested 2 11.76%
If interested I would mainly be a seller 7 41.18%
If interested I would mainly be a buyer 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2006, 08:31 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Live auctions and setting one up -- Thoughts

What do you all think?

Have one every week or two weeks?
I can run it -- we could use Skype or MSN?

You submit your names for auction and we all 'meet' once a week/two weeks for a live auction...

I am just guaging the level of interest -- If enough I will set it up and finalise the details

If interested please state whether you would mainly be a seller or a buyer -- Results are anonymous

Vote your preferences in the poll -- Comments welcome

Last edited by mulligan; 24th July 2006 at 08:35 PM..
Old 24th July 2006, 08:35 PM

rudomen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Live auctions and setting one up -- Thoughts

Not everyone can gather during one time
Not everyone speak in one language
imho
Old 24th July 2006, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
What do you all think?

Have one every week or two weeks?
I can run it -- we could use Skype or MSN?

You submit your names for auction and we all 'meet' once a week/two weeks for a live auction...

I am just guaging the level of interest -- If enough I will set it up and finalise the details

If interested please state whether you would mainly be a seller or a buyer -- Results are anonymous

Vote your preferences in the poll -- Comments welcome
Idea is probably good in principle but I think I will abstain until there is clear evidence of serious buyer interest on the usual sales threads.

Having said that I am now devoting my efforts to trying to get my PPC indexed. If that pays off then we won't be selling period!
Old 24th July 2006, 08:43 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Idea is probably good in principle but I think I will abstain until there is clear evidence of serious buyer interest on the usual sales threads.

Having said that I am now devoting my efforts to trying to get my PPC indexed. If that pays off then we won't be selling period!

Despite what we have seen for SN, auctioning might not always be the best way to sell one's name when the market is "more selective". Another way is to create a 100-300 name shopping list and invite offers. It might be necessary to state OVT and last 30 day's traffic.
Old 24th July 2006, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Despite what we have seen for SN, auctioning might not always be the best way to sell one's name when the market is "more selective". Another way is to create a 100-300 name shopping list and invite offers. It might be necessary to state OVT and last 30 day's traffic.
Trust me, anonimity will soon be the name of the game!
Old 25th July 2006, 01:10 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

I have been saying this for ages. Live auctions can drive prices up a lot due to the momentum irrational emotional state of the buyers.

http://www.chatcreator.com/chatap/rooms/idnliveauction/
Old 25th July 2006, 01:57 AM
Veteran

Second thoughts. I have been SEOing our PPC pages today. Got about 200 names done. If these come through in a serious way, we will be in and buying.
It is clear to me that is those with an early revenue stream that are going to buy the market North and clear up a lot of good names in the process.
Old 25th July 2006, 06:35 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Trust me, anonimity will soon be the name of the game!

Yes, if you go by what some guys on Domainstate are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
I have been saying this for ages. Live auctions can drive prices up a lot due to the momentum irrational emotional state of the buyers.

http://www.chatcreator.com/chatap/rooms/idnliveauction/

Irrational? who?

Quote:
Second thoughts. I have been SEOing our PPC pages today. Got about 200 names done. If these come through in a serious way, we will be in and buying.
It is clear to me that is those with an early revenue stream that are going to buy the market North and clear up a lot of good names in the process.

Cool, start showing your visitors some relevant content.

Last edited by touchring; 25th July 2006 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25th July 2006, 08:02 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Cool, start showing your visitors some relevant content.
Well this is a really interesting concept, and potentially very lucrative. Also, they should not Sandbox like name you index and park, because the indexed information remains constant.

Furthermore, we may be able to get a sufficient number of domains ranked in search to shake up the SEO industry in Japan. If that happens it will be like putting a spark to a powder keg.
Old 25th July 2006, 01:41 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

RD -- Are you now URL forwarding instead of nameservers?
Old 25th July 2006, 02:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
RD -- Are you now URL forwarding instead of nameservers?
Yes, working through them as all URL forwarding has to be done individually and Titles, Keywords and Descriptions need to be done individually. Don't forget you need to reset your Nameservers to Regristar's before forwarding. If everyone does this and it works, the SEO guys are going to start seeing a lot of our parking pages. That will start to ring a few alarm bells.
Old 25th July 2006, 03:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, working through them as all URL forwarding has to be done individually and Titles, Keywords and Descriptions need to be done individually. Don't forget you need to reset your Nameservers to Regristar's before forwarding. If everyone does this and it works, the SEO guys are going to start seeing a lot of our parking pages. That will start to ring a few alarm bells.

Wow, you going to custom make for every name? Is there some software that feed in names and output the pages?
Old 25th July 2006, 04:09 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'd probably suggest starting with ones that should get high number of clicks or the click price is high...

Quote:
Wow, you going to custom make for every name? Is there some software that feed in names and output the pages?
Old 25th July 2006, 04:14 PM
Veteran

I have a system, it involves half a dozen copy and past a couple of look up operations. I am finding it much easier to work through the list. I am not doing anything highly complexed at this stage as we can always go for complexity later.

Does anyone know how long one should expect to wait before getting and search rankings? I know there is no precise answer, but a guess would be good.

Quote:
No, but it is not as bad as it sound once you get your system worked out.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 25th July 2006 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost