IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Browser, Mobile & Software

Browser, Mobile & Software Discussion of IDNs & browsers such as Microsoft IE, mobile cell phones, or other software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2006, 11:34 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Indexing Yahoo.co.jp

Have only been doing this a few days but it does seem to be working.

www.おまとめローン.com comes up in the number one position. As apparently does either the Punycode or the Unicode for the exact Url. This may be why so many US domainers are very keen on Overture with the dot com. If people search that way, you seem to get automatic number one spot on Yahoo!

Well I have the keyword as the title and the description for this one. Exactly as I set the Metatags, and it has only taken two days to show up. The rest of my domains, who knows. I guess typically much longer.

Interesting to note the number of other results that include the exact domain name. Why would that be?
Old 28th July 2006, 11:36 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: Indexing Yahoo.co.jp

I have some names that when entered in a search engine inside double quotes show results, sometimes tens of thousands!
Old 28th July 2006, 12:01 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Well, it is interesting to see how many others are using Domain Names they don't own, but some results are going to be domains with your keyword tagged on the end. It, however, goes to show how completely confused the situation is currently in Japan. This will of course not resolve itself until IE 7 comes out, and they all realise that "all your bases are belong to us".

The point about indexing seems to be highly significant. Whilst the punycode can get top slot on a frequent basis without Indexing using URL forwarding, nobody is going to click on something as weird looking a punycode. However, once that punycode becomes Unicode, then there is very good chance that they might.

It may be that instead of just putting the keyword in the Title, we should be using more complexed phrases for both title and descriptions. This is more likely to give a feel good factor.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:12 PM

Edwin is an unknown quantity at this point

That's similar to Google asking you whether you meant to visit the site "おまとめローン.com" - it's just presented in a different way.

What would be magic - but unfortunately not the case - would be if you put in "おまとめローン" (without the .com) and automatically came up #1
Old 28th July 2006, 12:21 PM
Veteran

Yes, but interestingly the domains which are are now indexed with keywords both previously belonged to you. One in particular has taken off this month after doing nothing in previous months. Confusingly, however, the traffic and revenue kicked in before I started to mess about with URL forwarding. So it the fact that they are getting indexed properly now something I have done or just an improvement in the way that Yahoo index?

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...6131341va5.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6131923cr3.jpg

Or perhaps they are indexed because of something you did with them, prior to me getting them?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 28th July 2006 at 01:37 PM..
Old 28th July 2006, 01:59 PM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point

RD, are you using the DomainSite built-in URL forwarding or another method?

I don't have the DomainSite URL forwarding option, so I'm wondering what is the most effective and proper method to get the search engines to index the meta tags on my own server, but redirect human visitors to NameDrive (and avoid blacklisting).

Will this work?

Code:
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX,NOFOLLOW">  
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT=”3; URL=http://www.ndparking.com/domainname.com”>
 <META HTTP-EQUIV="title" CONTENT="site title"> 
 <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
 <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="site description">
 <META NAME="KeyWords" CONTENT="keyword1, keyword2">
Or

Code:
<?php 
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"title\" CONTENT=\"site title\">"; 
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Content-Type\" CONTENT=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\">";
echo "<META NAME=\"Description\" CONTENT=\"site description\">";
echo "<META NAME=\"KeyWords\" CONTENT=\"keyword1, keyword2\">";  

header("Location: http://www.ndparking.com/domainname.com") ; 

?>
Or something else?

Thanks for you help.
Old 28th July 2006, 02:48 PM
Veteran

Alex,

I am a simpleton. I don't have my own servers but I do have URL forwarding at Domainsite.com.

The first one looks similar to the Domainsite.com approach but your guess is as good as mine.

This line looks interesting:

Do you think I should include this at Domainsite.com. Obviously, they don't prompt for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex
RD, are you using the DomainSite built-in URL forwarding or another method?

I don't have the DomainSite URL forwarding option, so I'm wondering what is the most effective and proper method to get the search engines to index the meta tags on my own server, but redirect human visitors to NameDrive (and avoid blacklisting).

Will this work?

Code:
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX,NOFOLLOW">  
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT=”3; URL=http://www.ndparking.com/domainname.com”>
 <META HTTP-EQUIV="title" CONTENT="site title"> 
 <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="site description">
 <META NAME="KeyWords" CONTENT="keyword1, keyword2">
Or

Code:
<?php 
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"title\" CONTENT=\"site title\">"; 
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Content-Type\" CONTENT=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\">";
echo "<META NAME=\"Description\" CONTENT=\"site description\">";
echo "<META NAME=\"KeyWords\" CONTENT=\"keyword1, keyword2\">";  

header("Location: http://www.ndparking.com/domainname.com") ; 

?>
Or something else?

Thanks for you help.
Old 28th July 2006, 03:00 PM

Edwin is an unknown quantity at this point

I did nothing with them except park them at ND using ND's own nameservers.
Old 28th July 2006, 03:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
I did nothing with them except park them at ND using ND's own nameservers.
Thanks Edwin. Can only conclude that Indexing is down to URL forwarding but has little to do with traffic and revenue to date.

I am not getting any meaningful Page Rank the way I have done it, but Title=Keyword, Description=Keyword is probably not the way to go. I think we need to be a bit more imaginative than that! A few more words might give the impression that it was leading to some meaningful content. Throwing in a few extra keywords might also be worth a go.

I have tried to do a few of the ones with Traffic with a bit more care.
Old 28th July 2006, 03:40 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

So now by having a term indexed you guys realize why I said it's an important factor.
It's just a beginning Dave I know it's hard to write proper keywords & discriptions in other languages.

Imagine if we did write 6 or 7 keyword & got picked up in a good spot for just 1 or 2.
All we need is to be picked up by 5 uniques a day average on a relevant term for my formula to word.

It's not the best solution but it proves why our Japanese IDNs aren't getting much traffic now.

I've impressed Dave it didn't take long for your domains to be reindexed.

Also Dave you are experiencing what I described here
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5271...-question.html

When people call their site Something.com & the actual site URL looks nothing remotely like the real domain.
Old 28th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
So now by having a term indexed you guys realize why I said it's an important factor.
It's just a beginning Dave I know it's hard to write proper keywords & discriptions in other languages.

Imagine if we did write 6 or 7 keyword & got picked up in a good spot for just 1 or 2.
All we need is to be picked up by 5 uniques a day average on a relevant term for my formula to word.

It's not the best solution but it proves why our Japanese IDNs aren't getting much traffic now.

I've impressed Dave it didn't take long for your domains to be reindexed.

Also Dave you are experiencing what I described here
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5271...-question.html

When people call their site Something.com & the actual site URL looks nothing remotely like the real domain.
Early days, we are going to have to take this and see where it flies.

Seems to me that you can set up Mega Tags on Yahoo in such a way that you can immitate a proper site not just a parked domain.

It would also seem to me that some limited Page Rank should be possible according to what you put in.

I have seen one on GOOGLE of FabFives with some Japanese and whole load of content that has been appended in English from the Parking Pages.

格安チケット.net
格安チケット.net. Cheap Flights Flight Deals Cheap Flights To Australia Discounted Tickets Dating Music Downloads. Related Searches. Cheap Flights ...
www.格安チケット.net/

This clearly suggest to me that somehow the thing needs to be set up so that the adverts appear in Japanese so that these can be Spidered to give us good Page Rank based on relevant content.

It must be possible for Google to serve local ads to its own spiders without breaking any rules of engagement. There has to be some neat way of doing this!
Old 28th July 2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
...I don't have my own servers but I do have URL forwarding at Domainsite.com.

The first one looks similar to the Domainsite.com approach but your guess is as good as mine.

This line looks interesting:

Do you think I should include this at Domainsite.com. Obviously, they don't prompt for it?
That probably wouldn't affect the indexing, but I would include it to make sure the title, description and keywords are read correctly (of course, in your example, it seems that they are already being read fine without this tag).

Does anyone else have ideas about constructing a blacklist-safe redirect that functions the same as the DomainSite URL forwarding and will allow Yahoo to grab my meta tags?
Old 28th July 2006, 05:05 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Indexing Yahoo.co.jp

Oh boy, I knew this day would come, sooner or later.

Before being IDN addicted, I was BH addicted, so I know what I am talking about.

Been there, done that. You’re just starting to “optimize” your land pages and, if you’re like me, you won’t stop till you’re doing Markov Chains and stuff like that.

I just have one single question to you: if you were an end user, would you like to search for おまとめローン and end up at the おまとめローン.com page?

Of course not, right? So, it’s just a mater of time till Google and Yahoo find that also.

PLEASE, PLEASE, don’t go that way!

There are several “tools" available to do Black Hat Seo, that can easily create millions of pages on the fly. You only need a keyword and the scripts will do the rest, including content ripped from the web and mixed up, links, images, etc. Some use complex schemes to change the ripped content so that Google won’t find out it is copied content.

Nevertheless, you decide to go that way. Let me describe what will happen next: if you used the right tools, backed up with some nice auto post blog scripts to collect back links, one day you’ll find your pages like if they had been slashdotted! I mean you reach SERP10 easily, and in our case, with the keyword.com it’s even easier. And the next days, enjoy the ride because you’re AdSense account will explode.

Now comes the drawback: in two weeks your domain is banned AND you’ll loose your AdSense account (some folks are out of relatives to create adsense accounts, lol) and you’ll have to start it all over again.

And the drawback for all IDNers: people will start seeing IDN as spam pages and that’s not good at all.

You can find me at syndk8 I am one the oldest ones, but of course, my nick is not “Jose”.

Last edited by jose; 28th July 2006 at 05:50 PM..
Old 28th July 2006, 05:21 PM
A.W.O.L

Sorry Jose
if it's a black hat site you can probably understand why I wouldn't this site in the referals or us having a live link to it.

Also I will very much publicly tell members if I saw anything that was moving into BH techniques.

We are only going as far as trying to get our parking pages indexed in the local language with relevant descriptions.

Development of IDNs is a whole different matter completely.
Old 28th July 2006, 05:40 PM
Veteran

For this reason, it would seem to me that Google have a vested interest in only Indexing what is served locally rather than what is served somewhere else. If you take the dopa.com situation, people within China get relevant ads in Chinese, outside you get Gambling Info in English.

There has to be some kind of workaround so that ND and others can present to Googles Spiders what they are presenting to the relevant target audience.

It would seem to me that Google should be able to detect it is a Japanese and then over-ride the Geotargeting. In other words the Geotargeting algorythm comes up with US, but the answer is simply overwiritten with Japan, before the Ads are served.

I think this answer Japan needs to be communicated to the Ad Servers by Namedrive. Perhaps Namedrive can just communicate the setting that the Domain owner enters. Simply put we tell ND or indeed Sedo that information is communicated to the Adservers and this then over-rides the Geotargeting. It sound simple enough assuming Googles cooperation and understanding can be obtained. I cannot see that it can be too difficult impliment ultimately. There may already be such an over-ride mechanism at Google, but nobody is aware of it or knows how to use it.

Quote:
Sorry Jose
if it's a black hat site you can probably understand why I wouldn't this site in the referals or us having a live link to it.

Also I will very much publicly tell members if I saw anything that was moving into BH techniques.

We are only going as far as trying to get our parking pages indexed in the local language with relevant descriptions.

Development of IDNs is a whole different matter completely.
Old 28th July 2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Oh boy, I knew this day will come, sooner or later.
My only goal is to get Japanese pages to show up with their proper titles and reflect the proper language and actual content of the ads on the page.

The search engines claim that they want to accurately index what a human visitor will find when they get to the site. Currently, they're doing a poor job, which results in no title (even though the source of the NameDrive pages has the native language title), no summary of page content and and a nonsense punycode URL.

I'm specifically asking for ways that are within the rules of the parking providers and search engines, which won't result in blacklisting.

Does DomainSite's URL forwarding fall outside those rules?
Old 28th July 2006, 05:46 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex
My only goal is to get Japanese pages to show up with their proper titles and reflect the proper language and actual content of the ads on the page.

The search engines claim that they want to accurately index what a human visitor will find when they get to the site. Currently, they're doing a poor job, which results in no title (even though the source of the NameDrive pages has the native language title), no summary of page content and and a nonsense punycode URL.

I'm specifically asking for ways that are within the rules of the parking providers and search engines, which won't result in blacklisting.

Does DomainSite's URL forwarding fall outside those rules?
No it seems fair to do what we are currently doing at Domainsite or to emulate it elsewhere.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 28th July 2006 at 06:01 PM..
Old 28th July 2006, 05:55 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Forgot to say, Google now goes after *all* domains with your whois info and if you have whois private on GoDaddy, forget. GoDaddy 301's don't work also, lol. Best part is that bans seems to last long now, but things may soon change.
Old 28th July 2006, 06:15 PM
A.W.O.L

Hey guys...

We are not doing anything damaging...
weren't not going down the road of getting banned. I'm trying to offer solutions that WE can implement ourselves till Sedo & NameDrive resolve their problems.

RD even though you are discoving a bit more what is wrong i've been going over this for a while.

I believe both companies are serving Ads by Google.
The best thing is to initially make the companies fully aware of the problem, which I did already.

They still have to go by Google guidelines. We can recommend many things but they need to consult with Google to do this. Most of use are not at the point of consulting with Google about their Domain Adsense program. Google may change the guidelines & might even help but making global corporate decisions is not an overnite task...

It is in ND & Sedo's best interest to resolve the issue & I know they are working on it...

And yes Jose if we do cloaking (ourselves) we will get banned. I would never suggest WE try anything like that.

What we could do is:

1. Domain Forwarding
2. Trying to use keywords that produce ads globally.
Old 28th July 2006, 06:20 PM
Veteran

Should we used masked or redirect forwarding. I have been using masked. Is that correct?

Quote:
Hey guys...

We are not doing anything damaging...
weren't not going down the road of getting banned. I'm trying to offer solutions that WE can implement ourselves till Sedo & NameDrive resolve their problems.

RD even though you are discoving a bit more what is wrong i've been going over this for a while.

I believe both companies are serving Ads by Google.
The best thing is to initially make the companies fully aware of the problem, which I did already.

They still have to go by Google guidelines. We can recommend many things but they need to consult with Google to do this. Most of use are not at the point of consulting with Google about their Domain Adsense program. Google may change the guidelines & might even help but making global corporate decisions is not an overnite task...

It is in ND & Sedo's best interest to resolve the issue & I know they are working on it...

And yes Jose if we do cloaking (ourselves) we will get banned. I would never suggest WE try anything like that.

What we could do is:

1. Domain Forwarding
2. Trying to use keywords that produce ads globally.