IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:40 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Wiki.com to be sold for 2,860,000 Yes Two Million Eight Hundred Sixty Thousand

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Old 2nd August 2006, 04:01 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Re: Wiki.com to be sold for 2,860,000 Yes Two Million Eight Hundred Sixty Thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Wikipedia IDN's all free: some coms other nets...

Wikipèdia
Википеди
Википедија
వికీపీడియా
วิกิพีเดีย
Уикипедия
Βικιπαίδεια
Vicipéid
ვიკიპედია
ዊኪፔድያ
Wicipǽdia
ویکیپدیا
Википедия
উইকিপিডিয়া
Viquipèdia
위키백과

... couldn't resist getting one or two...
Theres a diff between Wikipedia and "wiki" even tho they both would allow user added content etc. Besides doesn't Wikipedia have a trademark?
Old 2nd August 2006, 04:02 AM

Re: Wiki.com to be sold for 2,860,000 Yes Two Million Eight Hundred Sixty Thousand

I should also add that just because wiki.com was bought for 2.8 million do you really think it was worth the price?

I'd rather get property.com for $750k...

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 2nd August 2006 at 04:11 AM..
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:01 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Angry Re: Wiki.com to be sold for 2,860,000 Yes Two Million Eight Hundred Sixty Thousand

I was after the "wiki" on those names. I must be the most unlucky bastard in the world! The reason I deleted the first post was because my order didn't went over because of some issue with the credit card and didn't noticed that and posted this here!!!

1 minute after the post one of my best wikis was gonne, SO:

moshe shneider please return my Вики.com (wiki.com Russian)

Others were: ويكي or วิกิ

wiki(n.): A collaborative Web site comprises the perpetual collective work of many authors. Similar to a blog in structure and logic, a wiki allows anyone to edit, delete or modify content that has been placed on the Web site using a browser interface, including the work of previous authors. In contrast, a blog, typically authored by an individual, does not allow visitors to change the original posted material, only add comments to the original content.
The term wiki refers to either the Web site or the software used to create the site. Wiki wiki means “quick” in Hawaiian. The first wiki was created by Ward Cunnigham in 1995.
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:04 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

How about ウィキ.com?
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:08 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

"Your" russian wiki.com? never regged it because of your post..BUT...i wont even go there...pm me your info so i push it to u...good luck...and u can say/do things diffrently next time...

to be very clear..i am pushing it just because i have no will or time to go over some bs again...in no way it means i regged it after seeing your post...but again...done..pm info jose
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:09 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was after the "wiki" on those names. I must be the most unlucky bastard in the world! The reason I deleted the first post was because my order didn't went over because of some issue with the credit card and didn't noticed that and posted this here!!!

wiki(n.): A collaborative Web site comprises the perpetual collective work of many authors. Similar to a blog in structure and logic, a wiki allows anyone to edit, delete or modify content that has been placed on the Web site using a browser interface, including the work of previous authors. In contrast, a blog, typically authored by an individual, does not allow visitors to change the original posted material, only add comments to the original content.
The term wiki refers to either the Web site or the software used to create the site. Wiki wiki means “quick” in Hawaiian. The first wiki was created by Ward Cunnigham in 1995.
You lost out fair and square Jose. It was a fair sport.

Lesson learnt I hope.
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:12 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Alpha, thats what happans when you're a "scammer" i truly wish everyone to only deal with scammers like myself...i maybe wrong but i think whoever his opinion matters to me got to see a little bit what im about regardless of the cheap bs thats been around

Mods, if its not appropriate delete it..im done on this as far as im concerned

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:16 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:

[/I]
Jose are you serious, LOL .... Im sorry but com on Return your Domain it wasnt yours

Congrats Jose way to get it Back !

Last edited by thegenius1; 2nd August 2006 at 05:20 AM..
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:16 AM
Semi-retired

This is not going to turn into a Michael bashing session.

Jose posted a list of names. And they get regged, it's the way it goes.

As I said it was fair sport.

If this thread does degenerate into personal attacks it's going to evaporate.
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:20 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Jose are you serious, LOL .... Im sorry but com on Return your Domain it wasnt yours
the comment "... couldn't resist getting one or two..." ...

is suggesting that the rest are up for grabs. If this was me, i'd copy n' paste the lot in to DS and reg whats left.

IT WAS FAIR SPORT.

drop it guys.

Last edited by alpha; 2nd August 2006 at 05:31 AM..
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:21 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Ops. I didn't knew you were moshe shneider. I thought your name was Michael.

I trust your worlds my friend! But believe me, I was also telling the truth. I even had emailed my bank before because sometimes during this hour (5-6 AM local time) the card seems to go offline (can't even use the homebanking web site)

I have a solution: let's sell it now and split the profit!
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:28 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Jose,

As i said...just for fun..u choose...i dont mind

open a new thread with wiki.com russian...u set the auction terms etc... (just make sure u post its a "joint venture" lol - i believe we will be the 1st ever idn auction that has 2 sellers)

(lol..the problem what we do if wont sell..but will further discuss it via pm )
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
Jose,

As i said...just for fun..u choose...i dont mind

open a new thread with wiki.com russian...u set the auction terms etc... (just make sure u post its a "joint venture" lol - i believe we will be the 1st ever idn auction that has 2 sellers)

(lol..the problem what we do if wont sell..but will further discuss it via pm )
Guys settle down...

Everyone knows that since I'm the thread starter all your IDN wiki names belong to me :P

I will PM you guys my domainsite account. Start transferring.
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:30 AM
Veteran

My Gosh, from all dudes out there, it had to be you. I just wanted to put the scammer to shame (what I thought would be a scammer) because I know I would not get it back.

We'll solve this betwen friends. Sorry all. It's a happy ending

THE END
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:31 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Jeff, please attach your bank acct #...i also wanna transfer you some cash..lol
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:33 AM

oh you guys owe me alot of cash from those bank accounts.

I want $1 per OVT and a multiple of 10 years

That will be $83,920 x 10 years = $893920
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:40 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, use paypal balance where possible.
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:41 AM

lol i had a chance to reg these months ago but I never did ;-(

Anyways my newest domain is ウィキ.jp

Wiki.jp
Old 2nd August 2006, 05:48 AM
Veteran

Hey Jeff, that's mine, I was after that also, LOL. Joking with myself. Have to admit never thought looking there, only on the .org.

Congrats Jeff, Wiki.jp rocks! $xxx at least