IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:12 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
How to find Wild IDN

All you do is take your generic.com and search in quotation marks. Studying the Google results will produce many. I have started with バイト.COM. Lets see how many I can find:

オフィスバイト.COM

http://www.rizoba.com/knowledge/index.php is tell me is wants to be リゾバ.com

http://www.resortbaito.com/ wants to be リゾートバイト.com but this is parked at ND and owned by Blizzard Investments

urabaito.com wants to be urabaito.com 裏バイト.COM but Touchring has that one!

http://www.ko-gaku.com/ wants to be 高額.com

http://www.campuspark.net/hikaeshits...ito/index.html advertises 短期バイト.com

http://www.digi-beit.com/kiyaku/index.html wants to be デジバイト.com

I could go on indefinitely, but you quickly come to the conclusion that not owning you own IDN.com is becoming very popular in Japan. These people are obviously mad about IDN dot com but just don't feel the need to actually register them!
__________________
All offers to sell are void.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 2nd August 2006 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1445
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
All you do is take your generic.com and search in quotation marks. Studying the Google results will produce many. I have started with バイト.COM. Lets see how many I can find:

オフィスバイト.COM

http://www.rizoba.com/knowledge/index.php is tell me is wants to be リゾバ.com

http://www.resortbaito.com/ wants to be リゾートバイト.com but this is parked at ND and owned by Blizzard Investments

urabaito.com wants to be urabaito.com 裏バイト.COM but Touchring has that one!

http://www.ko-gaku.com/ wants to be 高額.com

http://www.campuspark.net/hikaeshits...ito/index.html advertises 短期バイト.com

http://www.digi-beit.com/kiyaku/index.html wants to be デジバイト.com

I could go on indefinitely, but you quickly come to the conclusion that not owning you own IDN.com is becoming very popular in Japan. These people are obviously mad about IDN dot com but just don't feel the need to actually register them!
You're forgetting a few things....

IE 7 isn't final yet.

Plus some people regged their name years ago and might not have known about IDN. Thus they registered the romanji version and put the japanese url in their native tags.

It doesn't mean they are against IDN it just may mean they dont' know about it yet.

Remember what happened when .com first came out? It took a while for ppl to actually register them. Hell they couldn't even give them away for free. Times change.
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:10 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
You're forgetting a few things....

IE 7 isn't final yet.

Plus some people regged their name years ago and might not have known about IDN. Thus they registered the romanji version and put the japanese url in their native tags.

It doesn't mean they are against IDN it just may mean they dont' know about it yet.

Remember what happened when .com first came out? It took a while for ppl to actually register them. Hell they couldn't even give them away for free. Times change.
It not so much that but they are actively promoting themselves using generic IDN that others own. If you have a good Generic and somebody wants to blow their advertising budget send people to your Adsense site, your not exactly going to cry all the way to the bank. Some of these people are nonsensically advertising URLs that they will never own.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1445
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
It not so much that but they are actively promoting themselves using generic IDN that others own. If you have a good Generic and somebody wants to blow their advertising budget send people to your Adsense site, your not exactly going to cry all the way to the bank. Some of these people are nonsensically advertising URLs that they will never own.
Right but only a few japanese domain registrars I came across actually allow regging of IDNs... Sure Domainsite has alot of U.S. IDN domain holders but I doubt they advertise in Japan. The registrars will have to advertise to get Japanese to be aware they can reg IDNs in their own language.

The URL in meta tags is nothing new. THis has been happening for years I'm sure and this has been discussed on the forums before.

I wouldn't say putting the URL in the meta tags got them in the top position. That would suck for google who tries to make their SE cheating free(still ways to work around it). Rather their webmasters spent alot of time optimizing and thus perfected their SEO.
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:24 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Right but only a few japanese domain registrars I came across actually allow regging of IDNs... Sure Domainsite has alot of U.S. IDN domain holders but I doubt they advertise in Japan. The registrars will have to advertise to get Japanese to be aware they can reg IDNs in their own language.

The URL in meta tags is nothing new. THis has been happening for years I'm sure and this has been discussed on the forums before.

I wouldn't say putting the URL in the meta tags got them in the top position. That would suck for google who tries to make their SE cheating free(still ways to work around it). Rather their webmasters spent alot of time optimizing and thus perfected their SEO.
Yes, but it is not just the metatags. They show this in there site logos. It will encourage people to type domains that we own.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1445
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, but it is not just the metatags. They show this in there site logos. It will encourage people to type domains that we own.
still maybe they don't know about IDN? Not every registrar supports IDN... Look at IDN now in China.... Aren't your domains getting much much more traffic since a few months ago? Once Japan starts promoting them the same thing should happen. If not then all those japanese advertisers offering dollars a click are wasting their time and should focus their interests offline. :-)
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:42 PM
Olney's Avatar
A.W.O.L
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,747
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 0
Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Actually most of the more common Japan registries do promote IDNs
They make more by doing it...

It's the Japan hosting companies that sometimes don't (not yet).

But Dave I tried to explain this situation before in the thread about sites using my Haken & the CC dot com...

These sites have a URL that is sometimes in no way close to be near the IDN

I tried to explain it in the 7th post here.
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5271...-question.html
__________________
テスト中: ベリーダンス : Japan SEM : カードローン
LosAngeles.jp (Not an IDN, yeah I do those too)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1445
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Sometimes it takes years to get used to it... Even if it doesn't happen so fast todays children in japan can possibly grow up knowing about IDNs thus this age group is likely to browse idn sites in the future. Theres always children that are techies that are more advanced with the PC than their parents.
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:54 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to find Wild IDN

Thanks Olney, yes I know you have touched on this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Sometimes it takes years to get used to it... Even if it doesn't happen so fast todays children in japan can possibly grow up knowing about IDNs thus this age group is likely to browse idn sites in the future. Theres always children that are techies that are more advanced with the PC than their parents.
Don't worry they will smarten up real fast. Even in Japan there will be an understanding the Traffic reflects on the bottom line. If all theirs ends up somewhere else, there will be hell on. Some of these guys are going to get real upset!
__________________
All offers to sell are void.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 2nd August 2006 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:50 AM
Edwin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 966
iTrader: (6)
Rep Power: 914
Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: How to find Wild IDN

It reminds me of the hairdresser in Cambridge with the name "Hair.co.uk" as their name on their sign above the shop. I took a look and somebody else owns the domain - guess they thought it was "cool" and "trendy" to give themselves a ".co.uk" name.
__________________
JapaneseDomains.com - cheap .jp registrations, English interface, no local presence needed. Alphabet and IDN names. Hefty bulk discounts.
Please don't PM me for appraisals or translations, thanks.
All sales threads over 1 week old are no longer valid, period!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54