IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2006, 07:37 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Any quicker way to "development".

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Well, we all know that search engines hate parking pages. For one, i suspect that Google algo actually checks DNS server.
You did really answer my point. How could there have been a major massacre in 2001 as suggested as when much of the infrastructure we take for granted now didn't actually exist? There basically wasn't any PPC or Adsense Sites back then! It is therefore unlikely that many site would have been banned to prevent exploitation of a non-existent system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
I didnt get any comments on these yet, not sure why...but these are the best cost effective solution to succesful seo ranking results for our idn's and ascii imo... www.ppctip.com/demo
Yes, they looked interesting. Still have the problem of providing original content though.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 8th September 2006 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 8th September 2006, 07:39 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Thank goodness for that. I was beginning to think the only sensible course of action was to sell them or reg fee!

No joke, some of the parking sites i found are not showing on Google - try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...e+Search&meta=

Question is, how google decides which domain to blacklist and if the owner decides to "develop" the site, will it come back to index?
Old 8th September 2006, 07:42 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Ok, think about it, for $49 to generate 50-100 pages cross linked, they must have used some method that is fast enough. I suspect each site takes no more than an hour to create.
Very Possible but not sure, as with the template sample i posted if the content/articles are ready it also should take just around that time or a little more if you do it right using all seo related sections
Old 8th September 2006, 07:44 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, they looked interesting. Still have the problem of providing original content though.
True, Content has no short cuts unfortunately...even though as mentioned before..another huge idn advantage is that if you hire a translator..all they have to do is translate the related subject to the language working on and you have unique content in all means.
where in english you must start playing with moving the words for it to "appear" unique but is not.
Old 8th September 2006, 07:46 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Very Possible but not sure, as with the template sample i posted if the content/articles are ready it also should take just around that time or a little more if you do it right using all seo related sections

I'm still trying to check with them if they can do French or Spanish sites, and i might get a few sites done.

At the same time, i'm checking out the possibility of creating or (buying if there is one) a Windows application to generate the cross-linked htmls as they have done, and then hire a native speaker freelancer to generate the sites for me.

If these can't work, i'll just have to hire freelancers to create each site individually - this will definitely cost more.

Right now, i'm weighing the different options.

Last edited by touchring; 8th September 2006 at 07:57 PM..
Old 8th September 2006, 08:03 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

The reason i wanna push these templates is...IF it is like i think it is..its a good solid template that will give us good results...

i need to decide if i buy the license from the people who built it or i dont buy it.

thats why it would be great to really discuss what we got there and even if only 4-5 large portfolio holders that want to develop theyre portfolios will join in with it..we can easily buy it and save 1000's each when comparing to other options available to us.
(other options i mean template prices in dnf and other places,full development etc...and when i say 1000's i mean it even after article translations services)
Old 8th September 2006, 08:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
The reason i wanna push these templates is...IF it is like i think it is..its a good solid template that will give us good results...

i need to decide if i buy the license from the people who built it or i dont buy it.

thats why it would be great to really discuss what we got there and even if only 4-5 large portfolio holders that want to develop theyre portfolios will join in with it..we can easily buy it and save 1000's each when comparing to other options available to us.
(other options i mean template prices in dnf and other places,full development etc...and when i say 1000's i mean it even after article translations services)

For "solid template", i think the DNF template format is a good one - with adsense at eye level and maximum click exposure (it's as good as a parking page), and left and bottom menu for all the generated keywords.

The next issue is how to create or find a software that can generate such a site very quickly - the best is just one click of the button after filling up a single page form - the main page article, the keywords, subkeywords, and their respective articles.

As for the articles, we can use wikipedia or some other multi-language reference, and once the earnings start coming in, hire freelancer to repopulate with better articles.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:20 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

In this template we can make a list of what we want them to change..even though even now theyre not bad at all..far from it.

another major diffrence..dnf is 50 a piece...so if i wanna put 1000 domains i have to pay them $50,000 or even if they sell at half the price it is still $25k...and many here have more then 1000 domains (not saying its quick or ez to put all on templates but u get the idea)...

with these templates the price to BUY the license is less then that..and allows us to resell...to use unlimited amounts of them for us..etc etc
Old 8th September 2006, 08:26 PM
Veteran

My initial intention is to develop for my better names (single words), and also generics names with significant PPC. That will reduce the list to dozens.

For the template generator you are proposing to use, have you tried creating one real site? You can gauge the efficiency and the time needed from a test.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:28 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Same here, but you must agree its good you know you have the option to then further develop all your domains...resell templates to other who wont want to put up the initial small investment etc...

(another thing..as you previously mentioned..we dont even know if dnf supports all languages...these do.)
Old 8th September 2006, 08:36 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My initial intention is to develop for my better names (single words), and also generics names with significant PPC. That will reduce the list to dozens.

For the template generator you are proposing to use, have you tried creating one real site? You can gauge the efficiency and the time needed from a test.
How would you select your "better" names? Would you rank them based on current PPC income or total footprint? I am asking because some of my best total footprint names are the worst current PPC earners.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
How would you select your "better" names? Would you rank them based on current PPC income or total footprint? I am asking because some of my best total footprint names are the worst current PPC earners.

Well, i will base on either ppc income or "genericness". Even if we are to develop manually, we still need to choose or narrow down the list - that would probably be no more than half a dozen. There's no perfect scenario, we'll just have to 'save' as many names as possible given a limited amount of time and budget. In future, there might be a better content management software designed for parking.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:40 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Quote:
Not yet, i will get to it in next few days and not only the test will determine the efficiency..i am very curious to see where it gets ranked after a couple of weeks
Old 8th September 2006, 08:43 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, i will base on either ppc income or "genericness". Even if we are to develop manually, we still need to choose or narrow down the list - that would probably be no more than half a dozen. There's no perfect scenario, we'll just have to 'save' as many names as possible given a limited amount of time and budget. In future, there might be a better content management software designed for parking.
It does makes sense. I am just trying to figure out which ones to choose from. Leaning towards high OVT names.

Plus, "development" might be just a glorified mini-site as writing/creating original content in a foreign language is not as simple, at least for me.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:45 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

I would try and touch subjects you are closer to, know more of...and still as commercial as possible...it will only ensure you will get higher quality content,custom or not.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:47 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It does makes sense. I am just trying to figure out which ones to choose from. Leaning towards high OVT names.

Plus, "development" might be just a glorified mini-site as writing/creating original content in a foreign language is not as simple, at least for me.
I went the other way. I went high Bid.
Old 9th September 2006, 09:16 AM
Veteran

Quote:

Yes, it's not difficult, but some outsourcing to freelancer can make it easier. Copywriting work is cheap, it's creating the "google" friendly website that is a problem. Anyone found any ready solution, better than DNF templates, please feel free to post.