View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2007, 12:39 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is IE7 for IDNs here yet? Please share stats. Thks.

On the Type-in front, I can tell you my 900 or so Japanese IDN in terms of revenue this month on Namedrive so far is trailing behind:

Arabic
Russian
Simplified Chinese
Farsi
Thai
German
Azeri

In some language including Simplified Chinese we are talking only a handful of domains and on Namedrive as well!!!

Japanese is a complete Bust at the moment. Things are so bad, I would not even be surprised if I was told that the ISPs were filtering out IDN traffic!!!

I would suggest that the reason we are getting so little is that apart from the fact there is little typein culture, I would suggest apart from that which is attributable to Vista there is almost no incidences of IE7 installation in Japan. I am sure more evidence of direct navigation from Vista will emerge over the coming weeks, but it is likely that the early adopter of Vista in Japan, have other priorities other than direct navigation using Japanese characters.