IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Browser, Mobile & Software

Browser, Mobile & Software Discussion of IDNs & browsers such as Microsoft IE, mobile cell phones, or other software

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 07:11 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4486
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Well, the first non obvious one that I have come up with by a process of elimination, is that names that are not properly parked (in my case that mean ND at the moment) are much more likely not to be indexed at Google than those that are properly parked.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 07:26 PM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2493
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

If you want to hand-submit, just go here:

http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?hl=en&continue=/addurl
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 07:27 PM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1236
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well, the first non obvious one that I have come up with by a process of elimination, is that names that are not properly parked (in my case that mean ND at the moment) are much more likely not to be indexed at Google than those that are properly parked.

Do you mean names that do not resolve? Names that do not resolve naturally will not be indexed by Google. :p
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 07:30 PM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2493
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Do you mean names that do not resolve? Names that do not resolve naturally will not be indexed by Google. :p
Yes, don't forget search engines are interested in web pages not domains. If there are no web pages, there is nothing to interest search engines.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 07:37 PM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1236
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
Yes, don't forget search engines are interested in web pages not domains. If there are no web pages, there is nothing to interest search engines.

I suspect, RD meant a different idea, can't possibly be that he would believe a domain that has no webpage will be indexed! :p
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 5th August 2006, 11:25 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4486
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

We seem to be able to get basic indexation on Yahoo for anything that is parked at ND in Russian, Arabic and Hindi, but not in Chinese or Japanese. The Chinese an probably be explained because of Dopa rather than ND, but the Japanese situation is perplexing and a real bummer!
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 05:13 AM
rhys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,044
iTrader: (25)
Rep Power: 681
rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

RD - are you sure that URL forwarding is working properly and the nameservers are pointing back at Domainsite? I made that mistake several times.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 05:59 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4486
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
RD - are you sure that URL forwarding is working properly and the nameservers are pointing back at Domainsite? I made that mistake several times.
Everywhere else worked without URL forwarding, just nameservers.

My problems appear to be that Nameservers were not correctly pointed with Japanese. Many were still with Dopa because they had been mixed with Chinese.

I have had problems updating Nameservers at Domainsite.com. I have put this down to IE 7 Beta 3. Switching to Opera for this operation resolved the issue.

Thinking about it, it would seem unlikely that Spiders will work on PRC hosted sites. If you want your Simplified Chinese Indexed at all then it is unlikely that will happen if they are pointed at Dopa. I would guesss the answer is to point them temporarily at ND for this purpose.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 6th August 2006 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 12:39 PM
mulligan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,253
iTrader: (78)
Rep Power: 2005
mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

You have to change your nameservers back to Domainsite nameservers for URL forwarding to work properly is what Rhys is saying?

I have done this as well, setting up URL forwarding and forgetting to alter my namesrevers back from fastpark/dopa/SEDO nameservers to Domainsite nameservers...

Maybe Domainsite can 'fix' it so that when changing nameservers the bulk change can show the current nameservers instead of blank boxes??

I have also noticed that I have difficulty pointing nameservers at SEDO with newly registered names for some reason... I didnt discover this until they started emailing me that they couldnt confirm ownership of the names in question....
I then satrted checking the messages in my control panel and discovered quite a few bulk nameserver chnages had 'failed' for whatever reason... I now check the message in the control panel everytime to ensure the changes have been sucessful....

Last edited by mulligan; 6th August 2006 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 12:47 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4486
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
You have to change your nameservers back to Domainsite nameservers for URL forwarding to work properly is what Rhys is saying?

I have done this as well, setting up URL forwarding and forgetting to alter my namesrevers back from fastpark/dopa/SEDO nameservers to Domainsite nameservers...

Maybe Domainsite can 'fix' it so that when changing nameservers the bulk change can show the current nameservers instead of blank boxes??

I have also noticed that I have difficulty pointing nameservers at SEDO with newly registered names for some reason... I didnt discover this until they started emailing me that they couldnt confirm ownership of the names in question....
I then satrted checking the messages in my control panel and discovered quite a few bulk nameserver chnages had 'failed' for whatever reason... I now check the message in the control panel everytime to ensure the changes have been sucessful....
Well I have had it working OK, but domains that Google Indexed Yahoo has left alone. I can tell everything was working correctly because the Indexing reflects the Meta Tags that I set. Normally, when you set up URL forwarding it removes all other A Records and set the Domainsite.com servers, but yes it is worth checking.

As an aside if you are having problems with updating Nameservers at DS, it is probably because you are using IE 7.0. There a clearly issue at this level. I have been using Opera for this purpose.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 12:49 PM
rhys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,044
iTrader: (25)
Rep Power: 681
rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Everywhere else worked without URL forwarding, just nameservers.
Hey RD - if you aren't even trying URL forwarding as Olney suggested with the metatags, it doesn't seem like you've exhausted the arsenal so to speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well I have had it working OK, but domains that Google Indexed Yahoo has left alone. I can tell everything was working correctly because the Indexing reflects the Meta Tags that I set. Normally, when you set up URL forwarding it removes all other A Records and set the Domainsite.com servers, but yes it is worth checking.

As an aside if you are having problems with updating Nameservers at DS, it is probably because you are using IE 7.0. There a clearly issue at this level. I have been using Opera for this purpose.
Actually, when you set up URL forwarding, the Domainsite.com name servers do not get set automatically. It's a second step that I have to always reset the nameservers manually.

Last edited by rhys; 6th August 2006 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2006, 12:53 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4486
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reasons for names not Indexing Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Hey RD - if you aren't even trying URL forwarding as Olney suggested with the metatags, it doesn't seem like you've exhausted the arsenal so to speak...



Actually, when you set up URL forwarding, the Domainsite.com name servers do not get set automatically. It's a second step that I have to always reset the nameservers manually.
Holding my hands up on this one. We are not being Stone Walled at all. Although we have only limited success. The names are there! They are indexing. It is finding evidence of it that is one of the main problems. To verify listing on Yahoo for Japanese. Go to Yahoo.co.jp and search on the Unicode Version of the Domain. If it is there you should get first slot. Obviously, Japanese is a bit different that other languages in this respect, but some of them definitely are there, if you know how to look!
__________________
All offers to sell are void.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 6th August 2006 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy idns
domain name lawyer
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54