IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2006, 08:21 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
A little help

I am fairly new to the IDN biz, and was looking for a little clarity from the more experienced members. I want to park some Russian,Arabic,Chinese,and Japanese IDNs. But apparently (from what ive read) i picked the wrong languages for parking. Is there any place that i can park these names? Even if i park these will they generate revenue? I understand that Arabic can generate AdSense, but can you make a page of no content, just ads? Thanks for your help.
Old 25th January 2006, 08:35 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
But apparently (from what ive read) i picked the wrong languages for parking. Is there any place that i can park these names?
The only time you're asked to pick a language is during registration. This probably doesn't materially affect anything.

You can park all your IDN at namedrive.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross
I understand that Arabic can generate AdSense, but can you make a page of no content, just ads?
No. That's what parking programs are for.

It's against Google's TOS to make a page specifically for AdSense unless you have a premium account. It's quite a broad prohibition, so do the best you can by putting up useful and relevant content. The more relevant and unique content you have the better you'll look in the eyes of the search engine ranking algos and your ads will usually be more targeted.

In any case, you won't see much traffic to any of those IDNs you mentioned right now, except Russian.
Old 25th January 2006, 09:26 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Another opinion.

Here is information from another pm we had received on this..

I park my IDN's at NameDrive (probably the best because they actually display the IDN in actual characters on the landing page e.g. xn--izg.com )
and DomainSponsor. I should note 100% of my IDN revenue comes from European IDN's like Spanish,French,and Turkish.

I have plenty of Chinese/Arabic/Japanese IDN too, but they are not as widely used yet and don't earn me any revenue at all. In the future I expect that to change, but in the meantime I recommend NameDrive. Matt
Old 25th January 2006, 10:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
I am fairly new to the IDN biz, and was looking for a little clarity from the more experienced members. I want to park some Russian,Arabic,Chinese,and Japanese IDNs. But apparently (from what ive read) i picked the wrong languages for parking. Is there any place that i can park these names? Even if i park these will they generate revenue? I understand that Arabic can generate AdSense, but can you make a page of no content, just ads? Thanks for your help.
You picked exactly the right languages, but like the rest of us you are going to have to patient on the traffic revenue a little while longer. If these domains generate anything like the revenue of the their Latin counterparts, you are going to have to be a real Numpty to pick a portfolio that won't make a healthy return.

Be interested to see what a Newbie has managed to pick up.

Dave