View Single Post
Old 9th February 2007, 11:29 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: symbols/dingbats are safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmg67
OK so I'll write ICANN. I'll let you all know what they say. (though I do believe that Verisign is echoing whatever ICANN is saying...still, it would be nice to hear it from the "horse's mouth" and for them to hear that people are paying attention to this issue and to some people it matters a LOT.)
I'm sorry but you are not in the right ballpark here. If you want to know whether lottery tickets are a good investment, you don't ask the guy selling you the ticket, do you?

The IETF is currently drafting a new "inclusive" standard for IDNs that will 99.9% not include dingbats or any other symbols. The only question for me is whether current domains are deleted, or allowed to be renewed indefinitely.