IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2006, 02:12 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Homeimprovement.com in english goes for $168,000

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Edit: $166,000 English version ;-)

No IDNs listed on this weeks sales chart
Old 9th August 2006, 03:37 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Homeimprovement.com in english goes for $168,000

Why don't you list your nude.com there for next week, so that people know who's the Jew and who's the Fool .

In case you don't know this yet. The Chinese always think they are very good in commerce, only after the Jews.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 9th August 2006 at 03:41 AM..
Old 9th August 2006, 03:42 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Giant are you going mel gibson on us?
Old 9th August 2006, 03:48 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
There are some funny apologies on YouTube.com
Old 9th August 2006, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Nothing bad. Jeff is young among us, but I saw him how he made business decisions. That's the exact quality that a good businessman should have.

Jeff has talked to me for buying domain names a few times. His communications were terrible, he never address you politely, that's why I never took him seriously. But his judgement on the name nude.com and how he tried to get it, proves he's a potential rich man.

I don't know "Jews" mean anything negative, but I use it in Chinese way -- very positively.

@

Last edited by Giant; 9th August 2006 at 03:56 AM..
Old 9th August 2006, 04:06 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Just kidding, never thought it was negative...and yes..no doubt jeff did good with his selection of nude.com will know how good when he sells it.
Old 9th August 2006, 04:11 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
no doubt jeff did good with his selection of nude.com will know how good when he sells it.

Either that or if he allows you to see what he is making per day off of it when we hit half of critical mass !
Old 9th August 2006, 04:14 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Your'e right, as in many cases premium domains are rarely resold.

What shows again that a domain is worth what one is willing to pay for it:

Top 3 Reported YTD sales of 2word.com

WirelessPhone com Sold for 355k (28k ovt)
FlashGames com Sold for 226k (151k ovt)
HomeImprovment com Sold for 166k (229k ovt)

Length makes some diffrence and industry size obviously (far from accurate stats below)

Source: www.bizstats.com
Numbers in Billions:

Electronics and appliance stores 166.3

Amusement, gambling, and recreation industries 66.7

Furniture and home furnishings stores 100.2
Building construction and general contracting. 608.8

Last edited by 555; 9th August 2006 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 9th August 2006, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Your'e right, as in many cases premium domains are rarely resold
Not that I didn't know the value of this name, I knew it like Jeff did. The only thing I am different from regular businessmen is I am a philosopher by nature. I don't pay too much attention to the goal of becoming too rich like Mr. Buffet and then have problem getting rid of my fortune. I rather enjoy the fun, the beauty, the smoothness in doing business. If I have problem developing the name for Japanese market (because I have too many projects in China), I feel happy to take $3,000 (I need) now and let Jeff enjoy the profit of $300K later.

@
Old 9th August 2006, 04:49 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

Well Philosophy is exactly what it is, philosophy..i understand what your 'e saying but there's so much more to it..there are a minimum of 10 types of "philosophers"

IMO, u dont have to squeeze anything (domain in this case) to death and be afraid to let go for whatever personal , financial or philosophical reason...

its a simple game...get what u excpected from it when u just got it/started it and move on to new games..but always try and have enough $ for the time u want to play other games which are not business

the 1 thing i love most about this business is the true freedom it allows you...love it more then anything...u just don't have alot of businesses that allow you this freedom of being anywhere anytime and being able to continue with your business like this one.

i feel bad for any lawyer,doctor or retail business owner with disregard of how much money they make (and if u r one of the few successful domainers you make as much if not more)

how much is enough? thats going back to philosophy

And as for you knowing the value of the domain..sorry i cant agree..(and i respect you being one of the true pioneers/believers in the idn business).
everyone knows it looks and seems valuble, very valuble..but no way to put a figure on it or anything close at this point and time as its allmost obvious what is going to develop off of idn domains but its all in future form
Old 9th August 2006, 05:33 AM

Yes, you understand LIFE (philosophically) well!

Your "future form" is of course an important factor in deciding the present value of IDNs:

Quote:
... everyone knows it looks and seems valuble, very valuble..but no way to put a figure on it or anything close at this point and time as its allmost obvious what is going to develop off of idn domains but its all in future form
BUT

the smart businessman is the one that knows when "present form" = "future form".

If my experience and knowledge worth something then:

Future Form of IDNs is equal to its Present Form or BETTER.

@
Old 9th August 2006, 05:40 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

lets stay on philosophy...who is to determine what is a smart business man

(smart,luck,timing...all of the above)

But seriously...imo what is called an "act of god" or worst needs to happan for idn's not to be as u said better/more then present value (after all, its about 370 people in the world it seems that make the value at this time)

on a simular but diffrent note...at this point i stopped worrying about what they decide as to the extension (dname/ns root etc) but started thinking of time lines as to when the cctld idn's might show up...optimistic we dont want them anytime soon...
Old 9th August 2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
lets stay on philosophy...who is to determine what is a smart business man

(smart,luck,timing...all of the above) .
Yes, all of the above.

Generally, a smart businessman is one that knows the techniques and makes good decisions to achieve his goal of accumulating wealth. But that's not all, he must also knows to enjoy good LIFE during the process. Also, he must not be discouraged by the discussions of IDN.IDN.

Quote:
But seriously...imo what is called an "act of god" or worst needs to happan for idn's not to be as u said better/more then present value (after all, its about 370 people in the world it seems that make the value at this time)

on a simular but diffrent note...at this point i stopped worrying about what they decide as to the extension (dname/ns root etc) but started thinking of time lines as to when the cctld idn's might show up...optimistic we dont want them anytime soon...
If you want to know what would happen to future IDNs, you learn it from the PAST. There should not be things we call "act of God", because God entrusted the world to mankind long time ago, all things should happen according to our plans.

Although only a small group of people making decisions for future IDNs, the outcome is easy to predict because humans behave or make decisions following rules and laws.

If IDN is so urgently needed, who dare to continue ignoring it. IDN.IDN is to add value to IDN.com and IDN.ccTLDs, ICANN and VeriSign will not violate business sense and rules and make IDN less valuable.

@