IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5875-how-do-i-sign-up-to-dopa-says-i-need-1000-uniques-day.html)

IDNCowboy 10th August 2006 11:17 PM

How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
form won't let me signup and I don't even have that kind of traffic ;)

alpha 10th August 2006 11:17 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
form won't let me signup and I don't even have that kind of traffic ;)

thats bolox, I thought that. and submitted a list without even the nameservers set. And I still got accepted with zero traffic coming in.

thefabfive 10th August 2006 11:38 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
I live in constant fear of being kicked out of Dopa for insufficient traffic.

But it hasn't happened yet. :)

gammascalper 10th August 2006 11:39 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
You don't want to lose than 1 RMB a day :p

thefabfive 10th August 2006 11:45 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

You don't want to lose than 1 RMB a day
Ain't that the truth. And most of that is from the domain you sold me. :o

Giant 10th August 2006 11:55 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
I live in constant fear of being kicked out of Dopa for insufficient traffic.

But it hasn't happened yet. :)

No, they won't kick you out. Yeah, what's the point putting 1000IP there?

IDNCowboy 10th August 2006 11:59 PM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Is the low payment per click due to DOPA being cheap? or is that a good enough income percentage for chinese traffic at this time?

gammascalper 11th August 2006 12:01 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
The clicks don't convert at a good clip, so they're priced accordingly.

This will improve over time with better affiliates, better landing pages and more internet savvy consumers.

IDNCowboy 11th August 2006 12:03 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gammascalper
The clicks don't convert at a good clip, so they're priced accordingly.

This will improve over time with better affiliates, better landing pages and more internet savvy consumers.

darn I just paid a few thousand for a premium chinese IDN cause everyone was bragging about the traffic and how much $ they'd make from them :(.

Hope this changes in the next few years hehehe

Olney 11th August 2006 12:52 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Don't worry Jeff they denied me too.
I think I only have about 10 to 15 Chinese domains...

bwhhisc 11th August 2006 02:27 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Good luck. The site won't let you create an ID, although it seems to asks you to register. You have to send them an email but I have yet to hear back from them after an initial note that we needed 1000 visitors. (we did not have our Chinese at namedrive on our first app so we did not claim the 1000 visitors). Now that I am parked at Namedrive, we will easily have over 1000 visitors a month to our Chinese idn and have written dopa back at least 3 times with no response.

IDNCowboy 11th August 2006 02:34 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Good luck. The site won't let you create an ID, although it seems to asks you to register. You have to send them an email but I have yet to hear back from them after an initial note that we needed 1000 visitors. (we did not have our Chinese at namedrive on our first app so we did not claim the 1000 visitors). Now that I am parked at Namedrive, we will easily have over 1000 visitors a month to our Chinese idn and have written dopa back at least 3 times with no response.

So namedrive is perfectly safe in regards to chinese idns now?

The IP serving the ad is chinese based? Didn't know Namedrive had a base in China however you never know since Chris Chena funded the startup ;-).

bwhhisc 11th August 2006 02:40 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
So namedrive is perfectly safe in regards to chinese idns now?
The IP serving the ad is chinese based? Didn't know Namedrive had a base in China however you never know since Chris Chena funded the startup ;-).

I don't know if they are 'safe,' but thats where they are parked. I am not sure what kind of ads they serve up to be truthful but they do get hits, not a lot of clicks though. I just started sorting Japanese from Chinese, but I have a feeling they might be serving up Japanese ads.

5 minutes later....the bad news since I just looked is 226 views month to date on the half of the portfolio we sorted, but 0 clicks. I have the folder labeled Chinese but not sure what Namedrive puts up...but I will look.

Can anyone advise how to see what the ads look like in foreign language?
I thought it mentioned you can see it by turning on a certain setting.

Olney 11th August 2006 02:45 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
What region are the ads showing that many views from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I don't know if they are 'safe,' but thats where they are parked. I am not sure what kind of ads they serve up to be truthful but they do get hits, not a lot of clicks though. I just started sorting Japanese from Chinese, but I have a feeling they might be serving up Japanese ads.

5 minutes later....the bad news since I just looked is 226 views month to date on the half of the portfolio we sorted, but 0 clicks. I have the folder labeled Chinese but not sure what Namedrive puts up...but I will look.


bwhhisc 11th August 2006 02:53 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olney
What region are the ads showing that many views from?

Surprised me...243 out of the 249 are North America. Hits up 23 just tonight...since earlier post.
Most of hits are on Chinese cities, averaging about 1 hit per day per city on the larger ones which are .nets.

thefabfive 11th August 2006 02:57 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
There's been a .net 'bot making the rounds today. I've had high visits to .nets at least three times this week - undoubtedly from this 'bot. No doubt ND will ban that IP soon.

bwhhisc 11th August 2006 03:01 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
There's been a .net 'bot making the rounds today. I've had high visits to .nets at least three times this week - undoubtedly from this 'bot. No doubt ND will ban that IP soon.

That explains whats going on with my Japanese .nets as well, seeing an unusual amount of hits and no clicks.
Namedrive needs to get some people photos that more match the regions and cultures too!

thefabfive 11th August 2006 03:05 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Namedrive needs to get some people photos that more match the regions and cultures too!
LOL. Agreed.

bwhhisc 11th August 2006 03:12 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
LOL. Agreed.

I think that might explain the scarcity of Sarcle...on a photo shoot of sorts to spice up our parking pages.

555 11th August 2006 03:15 AM

Re: How do I sign up to Dopa? Says I need 1000 uniques/day
 
Choose.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96.../Universe5.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54