IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2006, 05:24 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Opinion Or Advice Is Needed

As you have seen in the last several days, I was attacked by "it168" verbally with terrible language. "it168" was the same person "SAHOO" that attacked me 2 months ago. "SAHOO" was stealing people's ID for his domains and was banned permanently, but he was allowed to use another usename "it168".

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5025...ighlight=sahoo

Both times, the bad language and false accusations were left on the web for a long time although some were deleted later.

I have invested for more than 200 thousand dollars in domain names (ACSII and IDN), and hoped to make a few million dollars. So it's important for me to protect my reputation and myself from false accusations.

If you know me, you know I am a person never hesitates to act to protect myself if it is neccessary. But I want to make sure I will act appropriately. So, I need opinion or advice from you -- domain investors like me, and I promise your opinion or advice be kept absolute confidential.

Please send them to ... (EDITED)

Thank you very much in advance.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 22nd August 2006 at 11:02 PM..
Old 17th August 2006, 06:35 AM

drbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished road
Re: Your Opinion Or Advice Is Needed

From whatever little experience I have on this forum, I can safely vouch that Giant is one of those few persons who I can trust. I believe that one can easily get lots of hints about the traits of a person from what he writes.

Well, I found him to be one of the most matured and sober members of this forum. He has presented himself with highly dignified behaviour, always ready to extend his helping hand without any airs. I have never seen him ever indulging in personal attacks.

Personally, it is almost impossible for me to even think that he can dupe someone.
Old 17th August 2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

idn1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this needs looking in to, are you able
to tell us what your job is?
Old 17th August 2006, 08:37 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn1234

Why do you want to know everybodys occupation when you have not answered 1 single question about yours ? you have been asked many times but you ignore the question.
Old 17th August 2006, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Why do you want to know everybodys occupation when you have not answered 1 single question about yours ? you have been asked many times but you ignore the question.
If "giant" is able to tell us more about
who he is then perhaps people will be
more able to consider his concern.
Old 17th August 2006, 09:24 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Before Giant has to justify who he is or where he comes from, it should be noted that we know absolutely nothing about Sahoo, except that he is a scoundrel. Giant has more reason to protect his identity than most. I am happy for him to only divulge that which he wishes to do so. Anonimity is not going to be easy to achieve, but I can understand why he should wish to do so.

Giant, I would simply ignore it. None of these accusations, that frankly didn't come properly to my attention, are given any serious consideration by those that matter here.

One of the problems of being successful is that others envy you. The more successful you are the more that is the case.

Anyway, it is any consolation, your credit limit with us is well into 5 figures. Not many on here have that kind of standing.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 17th August 2006 at 09:58 AM..
Old 17th August 2006, 10:57 AM

Beamerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Giant, I would simply ignore it. None of these accusations, that frankly didn't come properly to my attention, are given any serious consideration by those that matter here.

One of the problems of being successful is that others envy you. The more successful you are the more that is the case.

Anyway, it is any consolation, your credit limit with us is well into 5 figures. Not many on here have that kind of standing.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad this has been brought up, because I for one am getting sick and tired of reading IT168’s continuous attacks on Giant. If it is found that IT168 is in fact SAHOO then he should be kicked off this forum now! (Moderators, take note)
As for needing to know just what his job is, who gives a damn? Would it make any difference if he was a road sweeper, or a rich successful businessman?.... No.
A lot of members here have a better quality portfolio thanks to people like Giant, Rubber Duck, Olney and so on (you know who you are), who have helped others to build this forum up to what it is today.
These attacks are purely based on jealousy, nothing else, so just ignore it…… if not sue his ass off
As to the question of your reputation and credit rating, I personally don’t think anyone here is giving that a second thought.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:55 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Exactly what needs looking into?
Old 17th August 2006, 01:25 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Just pencil in "Soon to be retired multiple millionaire".
Old 17th August 2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Just pencil in "Soon to be retired multiple millionaire".
Just to remind you guys, the plane for
'fantasy island' is leaving soon... :-)
Old 17th August 2006, 01:44 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
If "giant" is able to tell us more about
who he is then perhaps people will be
more able to consider his concern.
Are you using this forum to extract information for your thesis/dissertation possibly?
Old 17th August 2006, 01:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Just to remind you guys, the plane for
'fantasy island' is leaving soon... :-)
Well actually is it, but it won't be full of tossers!
Old 17th August 2006, 02:41 PM

Prodigy is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion is that you don't really need to do anything about this issue at all Joe.

The core buying and selling IDN community exists on this forum and we all have a high opinion of your credibility. He might be able to spread rumours about you among the Chinese IDNers but to be honest, how worried are you about your rep among "wet-behind-the-ears" 20-25 year olds who have no buying power excepy Daddy's credit card limit?

In China, cash is king, even more so than the US. Your credibility stands even if they've labelled you all those names because you have the names in the bank.

It is good however that you publicized the injustice done to your rep so that people are aware of the situation.

I wouldnt lose a minute's sleep over this one.
Old 17th August 2006, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Why? Are you looking for more staff for your STD Clinic Toilet Cleaning business?
Old 17th August 2006, 06:16 PM

kenne is an unknown quantity at this point

Giant, take it easy. The guy's nutty in the head.

It will be nice if we have a blacklist in addition to a buddy list.
Old 17th August 2006, 07:07 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Giant, just ignore or post simple replies like "not true. end of story."

Don't get him free pulicity. You know, the more you dig on sh* the more it stincks.
Old 17th August 2006, 07:41 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

The way he conducted himself in this whole thing says alot about his character.

I don't believe anyone here gives any weight to his ramblings.
Old 17th August 2006, 07:49 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
The way he conducted himself in this whole thing says alot about his character.

I don't believe anyone here gives any weight to his ramblings.

I second that , its jealousy we all see right threw it , Giant has alot of character in my eyes , he has even seen me make a mistake on a domain regd it and pushed it to me to make sure that i got it before someone else got there hands on it , great guy in my book for a number of reasons.
Old 18th August 2006, 01:21 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all very much for your kind comments. It's so nice to have friends like you!

I will reply to your emails when I have more time.

As for the question of my job, the most correct answer is I am a businessman.

I've devoted most of my time in business in China since 2000. My company name in China is 敏X立 Software Limited Company, but my business is done through my friend's large local company because he has all the necessary licenses for deploying applications on the web.

If not because of the Dot Com Bubble and the 9/11 Bombing, I should be making quite a lot of money right now. Despite the bad timing I chose to come to China, I am happy to have seen China transforming.

Besides business, I also involve with activities in some large organisations. Most of my friends are from education circle.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 18th August 2006, 01:25 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

I reported the attacking posts to the moderation team at the time, with comments. I felt that it168 was way, way out of line.

I am frankly amazed that the whole thing was allowed to continue for so long, with a ranting newbie attacking again and again one of the most established members of this forum. My own impulse would be to err on the side of caution and keep things smooth and friendly by banning more readily the real troublemakers.

Don't get me wrong, Olney has a great community going here, but the bigger it gets the messier it becomes, following the path of just about every forum out there. Seemingly the only way to counter that would be to get stricter in moderating the fringe elements... but it's not my forum, so I mention it here simply because you're asking for opinions.