View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2007, 11:54 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Are you going to renew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmg67
What's everyone doing regarding symbol renewals?

Mine are all up for renewal and I just don't know what to do. I wrote an email to IETF and they never responded. I would think that if they had good news, they would have responded reassuringly. But their silence worries me, like they aren't going to bother responding because it's not good news. I wrote them a 2nd email just asking them if they could please respond to my first one (did that today). We'll see if it helps.

Anyway, are you renewing? All of them? Some? etc.
Laurie
well I only have 2:

so, it's easy for me to say keep them.

I think we have all pretty much agreed that they have a limited life, like all these things, it comes down to 3 elements:

1) the $
2) the quantity
3) emotion

the first one is easy, if you have money to burn, why not just renew them and take the chance

the second one (is somewhat related to the first) - if you only have 1-50 of them, then i'd just renew them

the third is trickier. You can't let your emotions guide you, you need to accept their fate - no matter how much you don't want it to happen, won't change their fate

Knowing when to hold and when to fold is THE most important decision you will make

I don't know for sure, but I believe that you are heavily invested in these - so that will make it difficult for you to decide as points 1 & 2 above will apply, but you can't let 3 guide you.

It's your call at the end of the day - but my advice would at least be to mitigate the loss and drop some.