IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19th August 2006, 05:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

hi,guys.
welcome to IDNwhois.org

http://www.idnwhois.org

it is a BETA.

1 IDN whois
2 IDN daily drop list(google result,ASCII,language,OVT(coming soon))
3 punycode converter
4 Bulk converter
5 IDN parking
......

just enjoy it,and let me know your advice.you can give advice on my guestbook.

if it is usefull pls markbook it and tell your friend.

Thanks.very very very very much.

Lee.

ps:my msn is mrleewood (at) gmail (dot) com

Last edited by mrleewood; 14th September 2006 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19th August 2006, 06:17 PM
rhys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,043
iTrader: (25)
Rep Power: 705
rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

nice
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Thank you.
it is IDN drop list + IDN whois + Punycode convert
any advice?

Now,http://www.IDNwhois.org is online.

Last edited by mrleewood; 20th August 2006 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 05:09 AM
Semi-retired
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,531
iTrader: (57)
Rep Power: 3442
alpha has disabled reputation
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleewood
Thank you.
it is IDN drop list + IDN whois + Punycode convert
any advice?

Now,http://www.IDNwhois.com is online.
I can't access this site, it seems to be blocked by my spyware/malware software
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 05:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

just try again. or with proxy.
I just add google look up and whois show

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 07:04 AM
alex's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 314
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 530
alex is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleewood
For IDNwhois.com I'm seeing the DomainSite parking page. Maybe the DNS changes have not propagated yet. Or was that a typo? Did you mean IDNwhois.com or .org? Or do you have both domains?

IDNwhois.org is working for me.
__________________
IDNFAQ.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 12:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex
For IDNwhois.com I'm seeing the DomainSite parking page. Maybe the DNS changes have not propagated yet. Or was that a typo? Did you mean IDNwhois.com or .org? Or do you have both domains?

IDNwhois.org is working for me.
Maybe it is typo

My site is IDNwhois.org
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 05:22 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2679
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

This is a lesson to people who don't get .com's.

People will assume that a domain name is a .com, and you will loose traffic to those who go to the .com of your name.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 05:47 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

It was HIS typo.

His first post said .org then the next one said .com

Nice way to hand someone else all your traffic.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 07:46 PM
rofsjan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 335
iTrader: (4)
Rep Power: 581
rofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
It was HIS typo.

His first post said .org then the next one said .com
It is www.IDNwhois.org

mrleewood, the web site contains usefull information.
IDN names and puny code convert sorted by dates. this can come in handy.

it is a pity that the web pages on www.IDNwhois.org open slowly.
and I receive SQL errors on some date lists.

Last edited by rofsjan; 20th August 2006 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2006, 11:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofsjan
It is www.IDNwhois.org

mrleewood, the web site contains usefull information.
IDN names and puny code convert sorted by dates. this can come in handy.

it is a pity that the web pages on www.IDNwhois.org open slowly.
and I receive SQL errors on some date lists.
Thank you,rofsjan,now,it is a free hosting,so it is slowly,I will move to good hosting soon.

and can I know the URL for sql errors?

and I need more advice.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 12:13 AM
TrafficDomainer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (10)
Rep Power: 820
TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleewood
Thank you.
it is IDN drop list + IDN whois + Punycode convert
any advice?

Now,http://www.IDNwhois.org is online.
Hi there,

This is a great service indeed. My advice:

1) If it is possible to add the Language tag for all domains and the ability to search for expiring IDNs by language that would be terrific.

2) If at all possible, English meanings for these domains would be great even if they are retrieved automatically from online dictionaries.

Thanks again for the great service. May I add that perhaps you could put up google adsense as well, if you haven't already thought about it so this will be a great investment for you with potentially good ad revenues as well.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 12:18 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4511
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofsjan
It is www.IDNwhois.org

mrleewood, the web site contains usefull information.
IDN names and puny code convert sorted by dates. this can come in handy.

it is a pity that the web pages on www.IDNwhois.org open slowly.
and I receive SQL errors on some date lists.
If a site is hosted in the Far East it generally takes a long time to open in Europe and probably US as well.

Remember sites hosted in West probably open very slow in Far East as well. We may have to seriously consider local hosting if we are to maximise our revenues. How many will wait several minutes to click through on Adsense? I think very often if it doesn't happen almost instantly the moment is gone forever.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 12:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 413
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 540
OldIDNer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

He's actually got adsense near the bottom, a horizontal linkbar, well placed. Might want to add a regular adsense block above the fold.

It looks good. Don't forget to hot link the links on the bottom to each of the pages. You have a little typo on contect (contact).

If you are looking for a hosting plan here, check out dreamhost. Host unlimted domains, 1TB bandwidth, lots of space. Very cheap too. Look up dreamhost codes in google and save on most of the cost of a year of hosting.


Looks like a very useful service. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 12:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer
Hi there,

This is a great service indeed. My advice:

1) If it is possible to add the Language tag for all domains and the ability to search for expiring IDNs by language that would be terrific.

2) If at all possible, English meanings for these domains would be great even if they are retrieved automatically from online dictionaries.

Thanks again for the great service. May I add that perhaps you could put up google adsense as well, if you haven't already thought about it so this will be a great investment for you with potentially good ad revenues as well.

Cheers!
"Language tag" I have already thinking how to program it.
"English meanings" I donnt think it is can be translate appropriate by online dictionaries,I am finding better way.

anyway,thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
If a site is hosted in the Far East it generally takes a long time to open in Europe and probably US as well.

Remember sites hosted in West probably open very slow in Far East as well. We may have to seriously consider local hosting if we are to maximise our revenues. How many will wait several minutes to click through on Adsense? I think very often if it doesn't happen almost instantly the moment is gone forever.
I have delete "By len List"
it will fast a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIDNer
He's actually got adsense near the bottom, a horizontal linkbar, well placed. Might want to add a regular adsense block above the fold.

It looks good. Don't forget to hot link the links on the bottom to each of the pages. You have a little typo on contect (contact).

If you are looking for a hosting plan here, check out dreamhost. Host unlimted domains, 1TB bandwidth, lots of space. Very cheap too. Look up dreamhost codes in google and save on most of the cost of a year of hosting.


Looks like a very useful service. Good luck!
Thanks for your help.

who can provide me a language alphabet.
such as German,French,Japanese and so on.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by mrleewood; 21st August 2006 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 08:47 AM
mulligan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,253
iTrader: (78)
Rep Power: 2029
mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

German Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_alphabet (Same as English except has 4 extra letters see the link)

French Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_alphabet

Japanese Hiragana:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana

Japanese Katakana:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

Cyrillic Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

You will find all the alphabets you need on Wikipedia
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 10:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
German Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_alphabet (Same as English except has 4 extra letters see the link)

French Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_alphabet

Japanese Hiragana:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana

Japanese Katakana:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

Cyrillic Alphabet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

You will find all the alphabets you need on Wikipedia
Thank you.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I need a different(unique) letter list.a language to others.

such as:

$jpchars = "アエオカケコサスセソタヌネノハヘホマムレロワヰガゲゴザズゼゾダバブベボプペグポドテァトィツフクパウォェイギヂピビジキチヒショュニミリャあいうえおかくけこさすせそたつてとぬねのはふへほまむやゆよられろわゐゑがぐげござずぜぞだどばぶべぼぱぷぺぽゃょゅぎじぢびぴひにちしきみり";
$krchars = "ㄱㄴㄷㄹㅁㅂㅅㅇㅈㅊㅋㅌㅍㅎㅏㅑㅓㅕㅗㅛㅜㅠㅡㅣㄲㄸㅃㅆㅉㅐㅒㅔㅖㅘㅙㅚㅝㅞㅟㅢ";
$ruchars = "ёЁйцукенгшщзхъфывапролджэячсмитьбю";
$dechars = "ÜÖä";
$frchars = "éà";


Thank you very much.

Last edited by mrleewood; 21st August 2006 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 10:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 413
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 540
OldIDNer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

edited: sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited by OldIDNer; 21st August 2006 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 12:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 493
mrleewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Add google checker and language checker(now only Ru&Jp)
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2006, 01:51 PM
TrafficDomainer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (10)
Rep Power: 820
TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: IDNwhois.org IDN daily drop list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleewood
Add google checker and language checker(now only Ru&Jp)

Thai is another popular language here. It would be great if you could add Thai as well The link for Thai:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_alphabet
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54