IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2006, 04:29 PM

donwebcorleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Administrator is smarter than me!!!

hi! this is my first post in this forum. Im very glad i have found this forum!!! : )

although im glad i found this forum i must confess im also sad because i finally found who was smarter than me to take the IDN japanese domain i wanted the most!!!! i just saw that the administrator was the one who registered it first!!! wow! how ironic!! :p

by the way, i recommend you to add an introduction area, so we can post an introduction to meet the members a little better. im a grad student at Todai (university of tokyo), but dont guys think im smart, you just read who was faster than me. you should be in Todai!! can we trade that you go to todai and i get that domain i want?:D

im sure this forum will be quite helpful to learn more about IDN domains.
Old 28th January 2006, 04:34 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by donwebcorleone
hi! this is my first post in this forum. Im very glad i have found this forum!!! : )

although im glad i found this forum i must confess im also sad because i finally found who was smarter than me to take the IDN japanese domain i wanted the most!!!! i just saw that the administrator was the one who registered it first!!! wow! how ironic!! :p

by the way, i recommend you to add an introduction area, so we can post an introduction to meet the members a little better. im a grad student at Todai (university of tokyo), but dont guys think im smart, you just read who was faster than me. you should be in Todai!! can we trade that you go to todai and i get that domain i want?:D

im sure this forum will be quite helpful to learn more about IDN domains.
Well, I think your smart! If I had got onto this when I was your age I could have cut out the messy Career bit in the middle, where I have utterly wasted the last 20 years!

Dave
Old 28th January 2006, 05:23 PM

donwebcorleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Well, I think your smart! If I had got onto this when I was your age I could have cut out the messy Career bit in the middle, where I have utterly wasted the last 20 years!

Dave
Dwrixon, thanks to cheer me up! but i feel disappointed, it seems i always arrive late to everything : ( i guess im gonna be another salaryman very soon

by the way, Dwrixon, thanks for all the information that you post on this forum. i have started to read all the threads, i think you are a great contributor to this forum! i guess u must have the best portafolio among the members, are you a professional domainer? i own many .com domains like 2000 but in idn domains im just starting and really annoyed that the idn domains i wanted are all taken. unbelievable!
Old 28th January 2006, 05:40 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Welcome Donwebcorleone!
Your not late at all...just need a bit of creative thinking!

Check out the Japanese domains (in this forum) that Edwin has posted recently. Check the dates he reg'd them...barely a few weeks ago. I think there's lots more good ones, especially if you speak the language...

And if your bored or don't find what you need... shop around for some Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, Thai, Punjabi, Tamil, Russian, or Malayam...or any of probably 100 others! Good hunting, let us know what you come up with. Bill

ALSO- there is an introduction area of the forum...check the home page.
Old 28th January 2006, 06:42 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Welcome Donwebcorleone!
Your not late at all...just need a bit of creative thinking!

Check out the Japanese domains (in this forum) that Edwin has posted recently. Check the dates he reg'd them...barely a few weeks ago. I think there's lots more good ones, especially if you speak the language...

And if your bored or don't find what you need... shop around for some Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, Thai, Punjabi, Tamil, Russian, or Malayam...or any of probably 100 others! Good hunting, let us know what you come up with. Bill

ALSO- there is an introduction area of the forum...check the home page.
I gotta say it rocks to be as bilingual as edwin... he can do english-jap with no errors while sometimes others might slip in the translation
Old 28th January 2006, 08:39 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I gotta say it rocks to be as bilingual as edwin... he can do english-jap with no errors while sometimes others might slip in the translation
And a slippery slope it is! But certainly glad to see the many international IDNers coming on board to help each other. Welcome again to all! Do stop by the "introduce yourself" page...
Old 29th January 2006, 02:44 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
I swear - and this is 100% true - that I can only read a couple of hundred kanji characters. There's no way I'm bilingual! But - throwing modesty out of the window for a minute - I am very, very good at using the various research tools out there...

... which is why I keep saying that lack of language skills need NOT be any kind of meaningful impediment to securing good IDNs, if you're willing to substitute creativity and a bit more effort.
Old 29th January 2006, 08:37 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
I swear - and this is 100% true - that I can only read a couple of hundred kanji characters. There's no way I'm bilingual! But - throwing modesty out of the window for a minute - I am very, very good at using the various research tools out there...

... which is why I keep saying that lack of language skills need NOT be any kind of meaningful impediment to securing good IDNs, if you're willing to substitute creativity and a bit more effort.
I am more or less Bi-lingual in French. I can honestly say I have totally ignored the French IDN market. I have studied Arabic, but I would go as far as to say that is the one field where many of investments have been less than successful. I have had very little imput from native speakers. This is definitely not primarily to do with linguistic skills!

Dave