View Single Post
Old 19th March 2007, 07:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Accredited Translators

You have raised some good points here.

What is new about our system is that discription of the domain is not being left to the Seller to define although we intend to provide a link out so the more organised sellers can provide supplementary information.

Those providing the basic translation are independent and their fee is more or less guaranteed so there is no apparent reason why they should wish to misrepresent the name. That is certainly not always the case when it is left purely to the Seller.

We do no intend to inundate the Buyer with volumes of information. Already I have indicated that on DNL that a secondary meaning will be given where appropriate and the grammatical classification will be given. The popularity of term will be indicated, as the Type of term Generic/Dictionary/Common TM will be noted. We are not going to get heavily into Trademark Law here, but if it is a mark familar to the Translator it will be flagged as such. It has today been indicated to me we need to do something about accented and unaccented forms. I think we will simply provide main alternative forms of the word, which Buyers may then go and check out using the common tools.

What we are attempting to do it sift any obvious rubbish or attempts to deceive from the system so that the noise that elite domainers object to is missing. Hopefully, they will quickly be able to identify their acquisition targets with some level of confidence. We are not trying to create a bullet proof system, but we are trying to offer something 100 time better than anything that is currently on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
RD, for those that feel $20 is too much; you are probably underselling it.

The single biggest problem facing a non native domainer is not confirming the translation, but confirming whether the term is prime.

Arabic for example is notorious for having dozens of ways to say the same thing.. I assume this accreditation service will score it somehow to cater for this?

It might be useful if you can post an example of the accreditation form you will be using that states all this.