View Single Post
Old 29th March 2007, 11:04 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: DNAME falling out of favor?

I am totally confused as to how you arrived this conclusion.

I have just listened to Tina's live report.

Basically, just a short series of concatenated UMs! I rather get the impression that most of her prepared statement landed in the trash can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
I thought i would just bump this old post with this comment from Drew back in October.

It certainly seems that the holy grail of having many many new idn aliases in different scripts that all map back to .com was just a pipe dream.

And from all the ICANN discussions the last couple of days, it looks like ICANN has picked up speed with the process of launching new IDN tld's, but there is no talk yet of what to do with existing TLD's... the easiest thing of course would be to do nothing.

There will be no pressure anymore to do anything, since the new igtlds will pacify all those that have been calling for them.

I think IDN.com and IDN.net as we know them today may just stay as-is.