IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2006, 01:05 PM

seamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Successful Namedrive templates...

What current opinions are there on the best of the templates at Namedrive?

Any particular ones that seem to generate consistent clicks?
Old 4th September 2006, 06:01 PM

Dillpupp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Successful Namedrive templates...

I tend to stick with default for a huge percentage of my names.Though the Canvas 1 and 2 look nice,they both display with a lot of empty space around the outside and the text on "1" is slightly smaller and less conducive to clicking IMO.
There's something about Basic I just don't like,I haven't even tried them.And for JSX I don't understand how the picture is chosen because it never seems to fit the domain at all.Plus the pic takes up too much space where there could be more wonderful ads :-)
For adult,my names do well with Adult Light and Default.I just tried thier new "adult icon" template yesterday and am waiting for the autocorrection today to see how the stats compare to "Adult Light".
I also tried the new Business and Finance and finance templates on 10-15 names and they look amazing.The CTR was consistent but in some instances the PPC went down on some names.It's hard to say whether the PPC was lower because bids are currently lower or because users clicked lower valued ads.
The main ads on the templates are set up horizontally and vertically,and there's just plain alot of ad links,so I guess the likelyhood of them clicking a lower value ad increases? Not sure.
ND rules though,I can't wait for thier new travel template.
Old 5th September 2006, 01:11 PM

seamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Successful Namedrive templates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillpupp
For adult,my names do well with Adult Light and Default.I just tried thier new "adult icon" template yesterday and am waiting for the autocorrection today to see how the stats compare to "Adult Light".
Yes - this should be interesting. Hopefully the thumbnails will entice more clicks.

Quote:
I also tried the new Business and Finance and finance templates on 10-15 names and they look amazing.
They sure do! I think they are looking more like a real site rather than a parking page. The only downside I can see though is the large amount of English text left on screen when trying to optimise them for Japanese IDN's. Turning all the text into native languages would be the way to go...
Quote:
ND rules though,I can't wait for thier new travel template.
I agree! I didn't know they were working on a new travel template? If it is anything like the quality of 'finance' and 'business', it should be awesome 8)