IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 도메인 이름

도메인 이름 Discussion for Korean IDN domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2006, 05:39 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Korean names worth the reg?

There are some good ones still around yet it seems hard to translate english - korean and so forth so thats the only drawback
Old 31st January 2006, 04:57 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
I have been told repeatedly that it is best to get a Korean to check your translations... we have all experienced this as well with Chinese and Japanese. Korean is supposed to be even trickier!

They'll probably have a "whois" Hall-of-Shame (with many of us starring in it) for all the goofy regs we have had in these languages.
Old 31st January 2006, 05:02 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I have been told repeatedly that it is best to get a Korean to check your translations... we have all experienced this as well with Chinese and Japanese. Korean is supposed to be even trickier!

They'll probably have a "whois" Hall-of-Shame (with many of us starring in it) for all the goofy regs we have had in these languages.
You'd think they'd have a powerful translator by now for korean

right now its just too messy
Old 31st January 2006, 08:58 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
You'd think they'd have a powerful translator by now for korean

right now its just too messy
Just to show how crappy Google is for Korean (they should actually remove Korean), i just registered 사운드.com (KR OVT: 28596)

사운드 is 'sound', the sound in 'sound card', Google translates '사운드' as 'Future of the company tu'!
Old 31st January 2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Just to show how crappy Google is for Korean (they should actually remove Korean), i just registered 사운드.com (KR OVT: 28596)

사운드 is 'sound', the sound in 'sound card', Google translates '사운드' as 'Future of the company tu'!
Where'd you get the translation from
Old 31st January 2006, 09:20 PM
Veteran

Sound was translated using AV.
Old 31st January 2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Sound was translated using AV.
Altavista's Babelfish? ?

Wow, most of the time it never gives me a correct translation (Korean)
Old 31st January 2006, 09:36 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
The funny thing is that I recognize that translation 'the future of company'... I think that big G must return that quite often.

If they cant get this working at a minimal level, you can forget about their purported goal of beating the Turing Test anytime soon.
Old 31st January 2006, 09:36 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Altavista's Babelfish? ?

Wow, most of the time it never gives me a correct translation (Korean)
Yes, that's true, AV also fails 4 out of 5 times.
Old 31st January 2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's true, AV also fails 4 out of 5 times.
its kinda sad that in 2006 its like the stone age to translate korean - english and vice versa
Old 31st January 2006, 09:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
The funny thing is that I recognize that translation 'the future of company'... I think that big G must return that quite often.

If they cant get this working at a minimal level, you can forget about their purported goal of beating the Turing Test anytime soon.

Sal, the list you posted, did you check availablity? I'm pretty sure that most of the better Korean idn .coms are registered, even if their japanese and chinese counterpart are available.

There are like several times more registered Korean idns than Japanese. To see how sophisticated Korean are for idns, even 日本.com is registered by a Korean.

Korea is moving very fast, they are beating the Japanese and Americans in almost every industry in Asia, from electronics to tv programs (korean films/television outranks Hollywood in East Asia). The combination of chinese entreprenuership/culture and japanese-like discipline is simply too invincible.

Last edited by touchring; 31st January 2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 31st January 2006, 09:59 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
I didn't check the entire list, but the terms I was interested in were already taken long ago.

I've mostly given up with Korean.

Here's a resource I used to use... learn-korean.com
Old 20th March 2006, 04:18 AM

hanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished road
Re: Korean names worth the reg?

Quote:
There are some good ones still around yet it seems hard to translate english - korean and so forth so thats the only drawback
Korean market is as small as 10-20% of Japanese... and almost twice IDNs are registerd already... It is been a red ocean now...
Old 20th March 2006, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanidn
Korean market is as small as 10-20% of Japanese... and almost twice IDNs are registerd already... It is been a red ocean now...
ya but from what i heard ppl in Korea are very tech savvy and there are still millions of ppl to sell products to.
Old 20th March 2006, 04:34 AM

hanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished roadhanidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ya but from what i heard ppl in Korea are very tech savvy and there are still millions of ppl to sell products to.
Yes, it is true..

Other idea...

IDNs will be used widely after 1-3 years...Japan will be catching up IT tech. and internet uses in those years or little more....
Old 20th March 2006, 04:57 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hanidn,

I just regged:

hanidn.com
hanzidn.com
hanzidomains.com
hanzidomainnames.com

So, sorry, I just stole your alias! Any comment? :-)

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 20th March 2006, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Hi hanidn,

I just regged:

hanidn.com
hanzidn.com
hanzidomains.com
hanzidomainnames.com

So, sorry, I just stole your alias! Any comment? :-)
I am so sorry... I can not comment ur domains, because I have no idea about Latin domains...

I have only 50 IDNs...and when I register one IDN, I research at least 2-3 days..

It is been registering IDNs almost 6 years... I do not see any hurry to reg my new IDN because they have been there unregistered for a time being...

I concentrate drops more.

15-17th of May will be a annual event of IDNs drops....around 22th of July.. and around 29th of Sep.....too.
Old 20th March 2006, 05:35 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanidn
I am so sorry... I can not comment ur domains, because I have no idea about Latin domains...

I have only 50 IDNs...and when I register one IDN, I research at least 2-3 days..

It is been registering IDNs almost 6 years... I do not see any hurry to reg my new IDN because they have been there unregistered for a time being...

I concentrate drops more.

15-17th of May will be a annual event of IDNs drops....around 22th of July.. and around 29th of Sep.....too.
You do not have comment! That's what I want to hear :-)

Yes, you knew it, I knew it too. These dates were my sweet dates.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 20th March 2006, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Korea has the highest %age of broadband users, doesn't it?
Old 20th March 2006, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
Korea has the highest %age of broadband users, doesn't it?
Their internet speeds are also out of this world........ making the U.S. look bad