IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > Sedo

Sedo For discussion of Sedo's parking program.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2006, 08:18 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Sedo views and earnings are way down!

Stats for this month for idns parked at Sedo are WAY down! Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Old 14th September 2006, 12:21 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sedo views and earnings are way down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
Stats for this month for idns parked at Sedo are WAY down! Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

It's not Sedo, it might be Google changing it's algo since 1st September. IDNs are being dropped off index. Try comparing your names individually for sept versus aug traffic.
Old 14th September 2006, 12:25 AM

idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
It's not Sedo, it might be Google changing it's algo since 1st September. IDNs are being dropped off index. Try comparing your names individually for sept versus aug traffic.

I am referring to idns that are not even indexed
Old 14th September 2006, 12:49 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn
I am referring to idns that are not even indexed

Did you check Yahoo? Might also be a yahoo algo change.
Old 14th September 2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Did you check Yahoo? Might also be a yahoo algo change.
Not Yahoo. With Sedo Pro you can see exactly where traffic is coming from and Yahoo has not provided an incredible amount of visitors. At least for me.

One of my highest traffic domains is down 60% in visitors.
Old 14th September 2006, 01:00 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

I just moved one domain from ND to sedo, the rev increased from $10/day to €44.49/day.
Old 14th September 2006, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I just moved one domain from ND to sedo, the rev increased from $10/day to €44.49/day.
This is exactly what I was experiencing last month, large increase for Latin languages when moving from ND to Sedo. This month is horrendous.
Old 14th September 2006, 01:49 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have seen this for several of my Japanese IDNs. I thought it might just be going into the "google sandbox" before re-emerging 3 or so months from now as they were only recently indexed. Do you have reason to believe Touch that Google is systematically dropping PR of IDNs?
Old 14th September 2006, 04:57 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
I have seen this for several of my Japanese IDNs. I thought it might just be going into the "google sandbox" before re-emerging 3 or so months from now as they were only recently indexed. Do you have reason to believe Touch that Google is systematically dropping PR of IDNs?

Well, i don't know, but what i know is that i need to start moving some of my top names out of parking. Google algo changes all the time, and the best thing to do is not to rely on parking.

From my limited experience with Adsense, it is quite stable over a 3-months period, and will not show the sharp turns we have seen so far of parking. Revenue fluctuations is never a good thing for business, i'm in the process of moving one of my names to a parking template, will share with you guys the outcome after a 2 months trial.
Old 14th September 2006, 05:07 AM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

no changes at all. Because of the type-in origin of our domains.

For your information: not only IDNs but all parked pages are dropped off index. Especially those who are using the dns server option and not forwarding the names; because when forwarding to Sedo some registrar let you put tittles , descriptions etc...

By the way, when you move to ND it's the same; after two weeeks of increasing revenues they cut your 'hopes'.

A part of the excellent French keywords library SEDO has, they will also soon offer much more gadgets for IDN as DN does currently.

DABSI
Old 14th September 2006, 10:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
no changes at all. Because of the type-in origin of our domains.

For your information: not only IDNs but all parked pages are dropped off index. Especially those who are using the dns server option and not forwarding the names; because when forwarding to Sedo some registrar let you put tittles , descriptions etc...

By the way, when you move to ND it's the same; after two weeeks of increasing revenues they cut your 'hopes'.

A part of the excellent French keywords library SEDO has, they will also soon offer much more gadgets for IDN as DN does currently.

DABSI

I got to agree on the cut on your "hopes". I think it might be something to do with parking adsense, as i have not experienced such wild fluctuations from Google adsense earnings. Sedo on the other hand, might have a cap on such fluctuations, so earnings is more stable.

If your portfolio traffic is predominantly from typos, search engine algo changes will not affect your type-in. So ironically, typo traffic is more stable than generic non-typos.